Availability Weirdness

I noticed the same type of thing. There were multiple resorts with at least one or two nights stay available at the end of May and through June showing yesterday morning and multiple mornings prior to that. Then I checked last night and there was literally lot a single night anywhere for the rest of this month. Could they really get all those reservations filled in one day?

I called member services and and the rep acted like I was crazy when I asked if it was a glitch or maybe rooms had been taken out of availability or reallocated by them.
I have a few points I need to use up by the end of May ( I know should have planned better) and don’t understand how there was lots of options yesterday morning and now they are all gone. Seems very strange—

Likely not, but the pulling of rooms for breakage (cast stays) at 60 days likely happened.
But it was 28-31 days out from the end of May dates I was looking at. Why when I asked the rep about them pulling rooms was he nor forth column about “breakage?”

But it was 28-31 days out from the end of May dates I was looking at. Why when I asked the rep about them pulling rooms was he nor forth column about “breakage?”
Because he wouldn't have to be? It's in our contracts. They can be pulled within 60 days. It doesn't have to be at 60 days. My best guess is that the system didn't pull rooms out of breakage like it was supposed to and/or it actually was putting some rooms from breakage back into inventory (this would explain the BLT Lake View availability). It became much more noticeable yesterday when they were all pulled at once.

I concur with @kes601 that this likely was a breakage pull that was slightly delayed and all happened at once. I'd been looking at a weekend in early June as a possible spontaneous/last-minute trip and was surprised to see such availability at SSR, OKW, BLT, RIV, and AKV. Heck - there was even a garden view at BWV for a few nights, which I found astounding given we're so close to June (and was tempted to grab). I'd been tracking and thinking of the trip for about a week, and as of yesterday, everything that I had been pondering disappeared. That made my decision! :) It could have been people booked these, but more than likely, they were pulled. I do think it odd they were so available only ~45 days out from when I was looking. Minor blip in the system, imho.

I was looking to add a night and found no availability anywhere on property. The next day I had 4 resorts with availability. Just figured it was people making changes.

To back up my theory, if you look at cash reservations on the WDW site from June 1-26 you can get something for the entire span of 26 nights at 8 out of the 12 DVC resorts. Only ones you can't are PVB, BCV, CCV, and VGF (which isn't show oddly unless you go into the regular GF resort).

Thanks for the info-

Is there anyway to still book if it was due to breakage. Could a member service rep access any of the rooms? Do they ever come back available after they’ve been “dumped” for breakage?

Thanks for the info-

Is there anyway to still book if it was due to breakage. Could a member service rep access any of the rooms? Do they ever come back available after they’ve been “dumped” for breakage?
You can always call and ask. Just say you were noticing rooms available and then it appeared they all got taken for breakage and is there a way to pull one back so you can book with points.

I don't think anyone has probably seen a pull for this many dates at once so it is hard to say what they'll do. And likely the CM you talk to at MS won't even know it had happened.

While I am a recent AKV owner, I am certainly not seasoned on this resort. Can you enlighten me on what is normal? Are you talking about March 24'?

Yes, the availability of Value and Club rooms at the end of March right now is a little out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the info-

It can never hurt to call….they may have access to things we can’t see…but, as I posted elsewhere, not all cash rooms are there due to breakage…they could be there for trades, or owned by DVC.

One thing I thought of was that the bookings for cruises happened…maybe it has to do with that? People used points and they pulled More than usual for the next 60 days.

Yesterday when I looked there was a lot of surprising availability in May. When I checked again just now, I can't get any rooms to come up anywhere for the same weekend.

Neither seems right.

Yesterday when I looked there was a lot of surprising availability in May. When I checked again just now, I can't get any rooms to come up anywhere for the same weekend.

Neither seems right.
Exactly what I’m seeing. The other strange thing is if you go to the dvc page and the “last minute getaways “ tab it even shows rooms available for May and yet every room type at every resort shows full on the whole May calendar.

Exactly what I’m seeing. The other strange thing is if you go to the dvc page and the “last minute getaways “ tab it even shows rooms available for May and yet every room type at every resort shows full on the whole May calendar.
Last minute getaways aren't updated in real time. It even has this at the bottom of the page:

"All accommodations are subject to availability. Availability is subject to change at any time. This list may not reflect all availability; other accommodations may be available. For the most up-to-date information, please check Resort availability."

I'd guess the tool hasn't updated since the inventory was pulled yesterday afternoon.

I was just able to change a room I have for a family member to BW so they are at a resort further away from me :rolleyes1 for mid-late July for a week this time also showed a lot of available for a few nights at most resorts and weeks at other including AKL, BLT, RIV and a few others. There was nothing a few weeks ago when I looked. Maybe a lot of people are cancelling or changing dates ? I do not think all these new inventory came from breakage for a lot of different dates. I know dates open but you rarely find a week just sitting there less then 3 months out.

I see the booking tool is now down for maintenance. Appears they finally figured out there is an issue.
I was just amending some things and it went down...I got half my nights changed...LOL

I was just amending some things and it went down...I got half my nights changed...LOL
I asked about the reservations I made a couple of days ago. They said as long as I have a confirmation number the reservations are valid. So hopefully this isn't a case of availability that wasn't there showing as available, but instead availability that should be there not showing up.

Last edited:
I asked about the reservations I made a couple of days ago. They said as long as I have a confirmation number the reservations are valid. So hopefully this isn't a case of availability that wasn't there showing as available, but instead availability that should be there not showing up.
I think what I changed was real because it was only a few nights and those were the only ones that popped up...I had been stalking the website all day...lol

But, now that I switched the two I did, I want to be able to move our first two nights to someplace else! I am hoping it will come back tonight!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter