Availability Weirdness

That is not what is happening. On Thursday afternoon availability disappeared until June 27. The following evening it disappeared until July 5. There's been no shift since then.
Yes. Still nothing Now till July 5

After that. all normal activity. People cancel and rebook all the time. it is not possible that no room comes up for 2 month the last 4 days

I currently can’t see any of my confirmed reservations. I’ve tried chrome regular and incognito mode. All I get is that spinning circle when I click on my dashboard.

If there is/was an availability glitch and the room you booked wasn’t really available would you be notified ahead of time or just at check in?

Last week I booked the week leading up to Easter at AKV and was surprised with availability of club and value rooms. I started with a club studio, then decided it wasn’t worth points for us, switched to a value studio for 1 night and a value 2br for rest of the trip and then changed my first night again to a value 1 bedroom. I’ve never tried for a club or value room before and was surprised that I had no trouble booking a holiday week. I thought value studios were hard to get and for a little while I had 2 value studios booked.

If there is/was an availability glitch and the room you booked wasn’t really available would you be notified ahead of time or just at check in?

Last week I booked the week leading up to Easter at AKV and was surprised with availability of club and value rooms. I started with a club studio, then decided it wasn’t worth points for us, switched to a value studio for 1 night and a value 2br for rest of the trip and then changed my first night again to a value 1 bedroom. I’ve never tried for a club or value room before and was surprised that I had no trouble booking a holiday week. I thought value studios were hard to get and for a little while I had 2 value studios booked.
In this situation, if the room wasn't really available. I bet they would just upgrade you from a value to a std at checkin (or maybe even savannah). There is no need to notify you early because they will have a room for you since it is so far in advance (and if other people cancel, then your original room might become available so they can put you in it). Either way, it won't cost you more points, only your value room points.

In this situation, if the room wasn't really available. I bet they would just upgrade you from a value to a std at checkin (or maybe even savannah). There is no need to notify you early because they will have a room for you since it is so far in advance (and if other people cancel, then your original room might become available so they can put you in it). Either way, it won't cost you more points, only your value room points.

DVC is going to have a much bigger issue with all the people that were able to book club level 🫣

So I called and the person I spoke with said they had been getting a lot of calls with people calling in with website issues and asking about sudden lack of availability.... she said it just looks like it's going to be a busy month. She was able to give me a cash price for OKW and SSR for the 1 night we needed to add. She did not say there were any website issues.

The website is still glitchy for me, so I'm hoping some magic availability shows up soon....
It is simply not possible that May is booked solid every night at every resort.

There are some random rooms that just popped up at BLT and Kidani for both May and June.

ETA: VGF as well. Must be slowly moving stuff back into inventory.

Last edited:
Strange happenings for sure. I do find it curious that www.dvcrentalstore.com has a ton of confirmed reservations for May and June. Like almost any day check in availability. Think they snatched a bunch of rooms up with the points from the stripped contracts they’re selling at www.dvcresalemarket.com ?

Any owner may have done that and it seems that the advice on the rental market is to grade reservations and rent that way vs. just offering points to book by request.

So, you have to wonder if this is now a strategy of owners having points they want to try and rent that are expiring and are grabbing as soon as they see something pop up.

It is simply not possible that May is booked solid every night at every resort.

Except it is because once we got to the 60 day mark, those rooms are fair game for not only points bookings, but for DVC to offer to cash guests and from one report, Disney may have reserved them to upgrade cash guests from value/moderate resorts....if that is the case, the rooms are gone.

I definitely realize this seems odd, but this morning, I have seen a few random days so maybe those are cancelations that didn't have a waitlist or rooms that were reserved for cash stays and those have now been canceled....

I think the fact that it still remains dribs and drabs, it may have been a purposeful pull...and now those are no longer needed!

Last edited:
So now random dates are showing up... picked up GF for the night we needed. Something was def up! Booking tool is still glitchy...

My theory is that there was some sort of glitch. A few days ago many of us saw availability that just didn’t seem possible. (At one point nearly half the month of October was available for AKL value.) I think they took it all down for the next 60(ish) days and manually checked everything. That would explain why it’s now slowly coming back online.

My theory is that there was some sort of glitch. A few days ago many of us saw availability that just didn’t seem possible. (At one point nearly half the month of October was available for AKL value.) I think they took it all down for the next 60(ish) days and manually checked everything. That would explain why it’s now slowly coming back online.

I just thought of that as well...they had to make sure that no overbookings existed and that everything showing as booked was in fact booked....at least those who are hoping for something have a chance now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter