Avery & Jesse's SBP Escape Wedding 11-14-14

Decided to share just a few of my favorites from our engagement shoot. My sister gifted them to us and they were taken at Allen Gardens in Toronto. We were up there for our engagement party so it worked out perfectly to take the photos then.

Your wedding only 3 months away so exciting!!!! I love you engagement you both look great. I didn't know they had little cottages at the boardwalk your going to have to take picture! Happy planning your almost there =0)

Your wedding only 3 months away so exciting!!!! I love you engagement you both look great. I didn't know they had little cottages at the boardwalk your going to have to take picture! Happy planning your almost there =0)

Thanks! You too! Crazy, right?!?! Jesse has been deployed five months today and I literally didn't realize until today that it was the same date :confused3 I can be a tad clueless at times...I can't believe how quickly time is going by!

I didn't know either! I called and they told me the only thing available was the Garden Cottage so immediately took to Google to find out what they were talking about and fell in love. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures!

UGH...I am having serious second thoughts about my wedding dress :( I never had that 'OMGOSH this is my dress!' moment and I don't know if I ever would but it's giving me reason enough to doubt my current dress choice.

I, along with many a Disney bride I'm sure, dreamed of being a princess on my wedding day. I was having a hard time finding a really FULL ball gown within my price range and settled on one that wasn't as full as I had imagined because it was a sample and a deal and I'm worried now I jumped the gun and should have held out and sjakfldjsaklad this is my brain these days! Just a jumbled mess!

I'm supposed to have my first dress fitting this Saturday to get my bustle put in (I was opposed to it but my mother convinced me it was a lot of train to have down all night, plus, we plan on going bowling after the dessert party so yeah) but now I'm concerned about going to get alterations done :crazy2:

END RANT

Take a deep breath. I had this exact worry last week. I almost went out to find a new dress. I think it just the wedding getting close and the first fitting around the corner. Your going to look gorgeous in your dress, don't over think it. My mother also wanted me to get a bustle I told her I get one but I don't plan on using it. Lol

Take a deep breath. I had this exact worry last week. I almost went out to find a new dress. I think it just the wedding getting close and the first fitting around the corner. Your going to look gorgeous in your dress, don't over think it. My mother also wanted me to get a bustle I told her I get one but I don't plan on using it. Lol

So I went out and tried on a couple dresses that had been on my mind and they just helped solidify that my dress was the right one. I am just so fickle that I figured I couldn't reeeeally have found my dress lol I couldn't even make it to my fitting due to a huge accident on the Bay Bridge near my mom's so have to find a new time to get it taken care of!

I'm thinking I'll have to do the same, just nix the bustle ;)

I have been seriously slacking on getting our ADR sorted for our stay there, I got Cinderella's Royal Table and after that I'm having a hard time picking places to go. We get in Tuesday night (late) and Wednesday we're having dinner on the Boardwalk with Jesse's parents and my mom. It'll actually be the first time they're meeting each other before the wedding so wanted to have something small so people can chat and get to know one another. I was thinking just something casual and wanted to do it on the Boardwalk so we could walk by Sea Breeze Point to see where we'll be getting married! Or we might just head to Downtown Disney, hadn't figured it out yet but just keeping it casual.

Thursday we are having a BBQ lunch at the villa my parents are staying at with everyone as a 'welcome lunch' and then we're all heading over to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! Since we aren't having a rehearsal it's kind of our fill-in and I'm really excited, I love the Christmas party! I'm thinking we'll have a big lunch at the bbq so just doing a Quick Service type deal for dinner.

Friday is the WEDDING DAY! Yay! So obviously no reservations for that day...

Saturday Jesse and I snagged dinner reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table which I have never been to! Every time I have planned a trip to Disney it's always been completely booked so I'm incredibly excited.

The only other day we have ADR for right now is Tuesday at Yachtsman Steakhouse (we're carnivores and I've heard amazing things about their steak...can't wait :banana:

So that leaves Sunday and Monday night we still need dining reservations and any breakfast if we wanted to. Jesse is a big breakfast guy so might try and get one table service breakfast but I really prefer spending the TS credits on dinners, just a personal preference.

I am getting so excited! Less than three months to go! :jumping1:

Just a personal note...Jesse is back from his deployment in officially less than one month! :cheer2: I'm freaking out I'm so excited/anxious/happy/relived...I literally can't help myself from bouncing around when I think about it. It will be so great to have him back safe and sound and in the same time zone! Little wins :thumbsup2

Anyway, just had to share, I'm getting my man back! Take that deployment!! :woohoo:

I just reserved some fastpasses for your wedding day. THAT'S HOW CLOSE IT IS NOW! It must be almost time for your groom to come home and then it'll be here before you know it. I'm excited to hear you love the Christmas party, I've never been but that's actually what we're doing on your wedding day so I'm really looking forward to that! And even if ADRs have been a little tricky it's great you finally get to try Cinderella's Royal Table, can't imagine a better time for you to go there than the day after your very own Disney Princess moment. Oh & I'm a bit late but your engagement shoot photos are amazing, so unique and you guys look so happy. You must be so excited with everything!

I admittedly have been the worst at updating this :( After Jesse got home from his deployment :banana::banana::banana: we have been non-stop! The first weekend he was home my sister got married in Toronto so we flew up for that. Then we had the Navy Ball down in Virginia. Every weekend since then we've been meeting up in Virginia or Maryland to spend time together, which meant a lot of bus rides for me :crowded: not my favorite thing but the things I do to spend a little time with my man :lovestruc

This time NEXT WEEK we'll be in Florida to start the wedding festivities! I have a couple of surprises up my sleeves :stir: I got a caricature artist for everyone during dinner :artist: and am surprising Jesse with the vintage Cadillac for our exit from Sea Breeze Point to the Grand Floridian. It's all coming together quite well. We got our BAH a little while ago and were able to cut a few things down and all in all I'm happy with the cost of everything.

Last week we got gifts for both of our moms. We were having a hard time deciding what to buy and decided to get them Pandora bracelets and each one charm. We currently got them a charm of their favorite animals (my mom a peacock, his mom a butterfly) but I think we might save those for Christmas and get them each a Disney charm as a momento from the Disney wedding, makes sense to me!

I also got a couple gifts for Jesse, I just couldn't help myself. I got him a Seiko watch for the wedding. It's kind of become a thing with us, I got him a watch for his birthday last year and another one for our anniversary but they're both black and he's wearing brown shoes so got a watch that complemented it. I also got him some batman cufflinks. As he likes to say..."I'm not saying I'm Batman, I'm just saying have you ever seen the two of us in the same room together?" He's cute and funny and I like him and I thought they were a nice touch.

I ordered some gifts for my gals. I got them each a Kate Spade wristlet that can turn into a wallet and also shirts that say 'bridesmaid' on the front with their last names on the back and the number of years that I've known them. Thought it would be cute to wear at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party the night before the wedding and maybe getting ready too. Also got Jesse's brothers socks for the wedding. They're originally from Michigan so they are all big Michigan sports fans so got each of them a different team, thought it made things a bit more personal and showed their personalities a bit.

I also got a new veil and waiting on my custom shoes that should be coming by the end of this week. And we're almost off! lkasdjflkdsajflds I CAN'T WAIT!

The Pandora bracelets are a great idea for the moms. I agree with you that you should give a Disney themed charm now and save the other for Christmas. Just look at it as early Christmas shopping started.

It's so easy to get caught up in "life" when you are dealing with the Navy so thank you for keeping us updated even in the midst of Jesse's homecoming. And please tell him thank you for his service!

Okay so I'm a little under two months late but the wedding was AMAZING. More than I ever could have imagined. From the bouquet to the dessert party to dinner just sklfajdslfkajklf words cannot describe how wonderful it all was. Here's a few pictures :)

If anyone has any questions about planning a Escape wedding at Sea Breeze Point, Whitehall Room and Patio, or dessert party at Epcot I'd be happy to help in any way. We also got ready at the Garden Cottages at Disney's Boardwalk Inn and had a caricature artist and got the silver caddy so I'm happy to share my experiences with anyone looking to plan.

I'm hoping to get a chance over the next couple of days to write out a full review of my vendors and just an overview of the day/days leading up but things have been non-stop and with Jesse still stationed in Virginia while I work up in NYC our weekends are hectic.

I'll update soon :)

Your wedding photos are really amazing! I love the one of you and your husband under the sign with your name and wedding date and the shoot of you walking up the stairs reminds me of cinderella! Congratulations! :good vibes

Melissa

Everything looks so beautiful. You made a very lovely bride. I've been wondering about the process of an escape bride having a reception. I'm one of those on the fence brides with a small guest count, but still want a traditional wedding. I'll be following along for your review of the vendors.

Your dress and event look just beautiful:) This December we have a SBP ceremony with reception at whitehall and then dessert party at Sago Cay, so I am so excited to see how beautiful your event turned out!!!
Is your dress a Lazaro? It's just stunning!

Best to you both!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter