baby swap with a 10 yr old?

Lorix2

<font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co
I think I have an understanding about the baby swap, but my problem is kind of the opposite.

My DD10.5 is scared to death of anything with drops, so she's completely ruled out rides like SM, BTMR, etc. for all of us to ride as a family. (we found out the hard way last time and she made us miserable)

Since I want to ride some of these with my 5 yr old son, can my DH get off the ride with him and come back to me and my DD - then he can stay with her while I go on with my son? Or do my son and I just get back in a line? Will the swap policy apply here? Hope I'm making sense.

I don't want to ever leave her by herself, even if she is 10 and not a baby...

Anyone run into this dilemna?

Thanks for your help :D

I don't think it will be a problem, especially if she obviously doesn't want to go on the ride.

Brer Mom & Beattyfamily -

I know...but I do not have a baby in tow, I've got a 10 yr old! :rolleyes: and would not want to cause any problems with other families waiting online especially since we'll be there easter week. You know, there's always someone who will speak up like "what's that family doing, they don't even have a baby with them..."

I hadn't heard it referred to as "parent swap", I like the sound of that much better

Guess i'm worried for nothing..thanks.:o ;)

I understood that you have a 10-year-old. There are lots of "big" kids that are too young to be left alone that don't want to ride Tower of Terror, etc. The only thing that's going to look odd is that your 5-year-old is riding and your 10-year-old isn't. It will look odd, but I don't think anybody will not want you to do it. Does your five-year-old meet the height requirements and want to go? It may not be an issue if both kids don't want to go.

You shouldn't have a problem regardless of the age!

You should tell the CM at every attraction that you want to do a child swap and see how they would like you to handle this. Some CM's will give you a slip like the FP slip when you enter the standby line. You and whoever in your party is riding wait the line and ride the line. Then you hand over the "child swap" slip (I don't know if it has a name!) to the other parent and they return to ride, the other child can re-ride again. This is nice because the non-riders can wait in the gift shop or shade etc.

Other rides have you wait at the exit while the rest of the party waits the standby line and then the CM just takes you back through the exit.

The real "best" way to do this is with fp - whenever possible. You get one for all memebers of the party even the ones who don't want to ride. Then you have an hour to use the passes in any grouping that works.

Clear as mud??!!
TJ

fwiw - you won't look "odd" and no one will (should) question you. In fact I don't see how anyone but you and perhaps the CM would know or be interested in the age of the child not riding. For all they know there is a baby in a stroller somewhere LOL.

We had a similar situation with my 8yo and 5yo - my 8yo won't ride tot while my 5yo loves it. We had no problems using child swap any time we wanted to and the 5yo got to ride with each parent! Same thing with Splash as my 8yo just didn't want to get wet that day. You just never know and we don't force rides so this is a good way to keep everyone happy.
TJ

When we used the baby swap in November for SM and RRC, they did ask to see the "babies". Our twins were 4 and did not make the height requirement so they were ok. I'm not sure if this happens often or just depends on the CM.

BrerMOm - thanks - I'm not sure about SM, but he was able to ride most things that he wanted to. Especially JTA @ SW.. I DO think it will look odd that the 5yo does want to ride and the 10yo won't LOL! Your right ;)

TerriBelle - good to know (I have friends going with a 3 & 4 yr old) thank you.

tjmw- very muddy, I mean clear :p thanks for the info!

My guess is that they will allow you to do it. The do not want your daughter to ride if she is afaid. The last thing they want is for a kid to freak out on the ride. On our last trip we were on BTM and parents were strongly encouraging thier child about 6 to ride and the child was very much afraid. The CM told the parents that the child could not ride unless they child told him that he for sure wanted to ride. The parents huffed off. I see no reason why you could not use baby swap. My DS 10 rides everything and DH almost nothing. Maybe I can figure out how to baby swap him. Just kiding! Don't flame me!!! LOL. Hope it works for you. You are being a good parent to respect her fears.

Jordan's mom

JordansMom - "maybe I can baby swap HIM" LOL! :p

Thank you for the nice thoughts:D

Actually, my dh did swap me!
He went on rides with the 4 yr old while I waited with the 9 yr old and then went with the 9 yr old while I waited with the 4 yr old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter