"babyproofing" rooms

new mom11

Mouseketeer
Will be taking our 17 mo DS for his first trip in a few weeks. Staying in a 1 bed BCV. Any ideas on how baby friendly they are? Does Disney provide for any of this/have kits you can request? I have no problem with taking outlet covers, plastic cabinet locks, etc just to be sure. Any experiences out there?

We stayed at the WLVillas when our son was 17 months and the BW Villas when he was 19 months. We are heading back to BW Villas in October with our DS who is now 4 and our baby who will be 9 months (also a boy). I don't know of any kit you can request for babyproofing. We brought our own outlet covers, etc.

I'm not sure how ornery (sp?) your son is, but our son had a blast turning the lights and jacuzzi tub on and off (he could reach the knobs and switches) and pressing the buttons on the phones (there are two in the room...one in the bedroom and one in the living room)! Also, there is a VCR in the room, so you can bring any favorite movies from home or rent them.

You will LOVE the villa accomodations!!!

Have a great trip!

I just wanted to let you know what we ended up doing when we stayed in hotels with our curious young ds. A particular problem we had was with him opening dresser drawers. In hotels they slide so smoothly it's very easy for little fingers to get squished. As far as I know there is no mechanism to lock drawers that does not have to be screwed into the dresser. Since we usually just live out of our bags rather than using the dresser, we just took the drawers out. If the bedside table drawer was a problem we would just turn the whole table so the drawer was facing the bed or the wall.

Also, unplugging the phone when it's not in use helps a lot too. If someone calls they can leave a message even if the phone is unplugged.

If your toddler has discovered the buttons on the tv and can reach them, try taping a piece of cardboard or a pamphlet across the buttons (just make sure you don't cover the spot that receives the signal from the remote).

Of course it doesn't look pretty, but if your toddler is obsessed then doing stuff like this sure goes a long way to making your vacation less stressful. Wait and see what your youngster is most interested in before you start "re-doing" the room ( I think the phone will be a guarantee though).

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter