• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bachelor/Bachelorette parties and Group Drinking at Epcot

Tbella

DIS Veteran
I just read a trip report where the OP mentioned the bachelor/bachelorette parties in World Showcase. I experienced the same on my trip at the beginning of March. I have taken my family to Disney World about a dozen times during the last 15 years at all different times of year and have never experienced anything like I did in March. There were many rowdy 20 year olds in groups of 8-20. It felt more of a Bourbon Street atmosphere then Disney World. Now, I do enjoy drinking at World Showcase and have nothing against having a fun time, but I am well aware of where I am and act accordingly.

Just an example of one of the incidents I witnessed in March: I was standing 4th in line at the Japan Pavilion’s outdoor Sake Bar. There was a young adult that was 2nd in line. While he was in line, another young adult joined him. When it was his turn to order, he was id’d by the woman behind the counter. He first ordered 2 drinks. Than a group of no less than 5 more young adults joined him, at which point he yelled at the woman to make it 7 drinks instead of 2. No joke, a group of 3 more young women joined him where he screamed make it 10. The woman behind the counter proceeded to pour the drinks with the assistance of another employee. As soon as the employee would set down the drink on the counter, the drink of sake would be passed back to members of the group. While this process continued, the group was getting more loud and obnoxious. The woman in front of me left as soon as she saw the shots being passed back. I tried to stick it out a bit more but left soon after. Also, the woman behind the counter did not ID anyone else in the group while pouring there drinks and setting them down on the counter.

I did stop at Guest Relations before exiting the park and reported the incident and voiced my concern over the large groups of young adults getting visibly inebriated. They thanked me and apologized. I am posting this here because I do want to know if this is a common thing at World Showcase now or just a fluke that happens here and there. I also want to encourage anyone who does experience anything like this to please let Guest Relations know so that Disney can get a handle on it.

Haven't seen that in Epcot at all and we're there for at least one weekend and one weekday of all our past trips. Occasionally during F&W I saw an intoxicated person stumbling through WS.

I've certainly seen Drink Around the World groups, but I've never been bothered by them. I've done it myself a few times.

The only time I've seen similar situations is in World Showcase on a Saturday night. Now I try to avoid WS in the evenings in general, but especially on the weekends. I don't mind people drinking/having fun, but when you have your kids with you, and there are bottlenecks at certain points, it's not too fun.

I've not been to WDW in seven years. That was the first time we ever did the Drink Around the World thing (all my kids were adults by this time - and two significant others were along as well).

My kids even got the passports and had the bartenders sign them. (I suspect several of them, if they translated them, were probably tongue in cheek)

It added a bit to the idea that they aren't' kids anymore (we had been to WDW 6 times before this - the most recent was 5 years before that trip).We didn't' do that in one day - and it was more of a "lark" than a serious "drinking game".

The key thing was clearly remembering where we were and respecting everyone (something that should be done anywhere and everywhere).

I never heard of stories as described here - but unfortunately the idea of drinking as being a primary activity rather than it accompanying one seems to be a "thing" these days.

Too bad it's happening at WDW - I suspect eventually there will be some training to eliminate what you saw.

Last edited:
Last fall (during Food and Wine)we got in later than usual and made the mistake of going to EPCOT to get a drink on a Saturday night before our dinner ADRs. BIG mistake. Many large groups of drunk people. I've never seen that during the week which is when we normally go. We will not be making that mistake again.

Uh, we are them usually. Sorry for the rude inconvenience of drunkin park guests. That's the alcohol talkin.

We hung in line for a ride with a group of bachelorettes drinkin from flasks before Jungle Cruise. The talk got louder, dancier and more fun by the minute. I am old and I just giggled the whole time. I am sure the other people around them were annoyed.

Thanks for the responses so far. It does make sense that this would be more prevalent on weekends. Maybe I didn't take notice of this before this last trip because it was over a long weekend with my husband, as apposed to our other trips all included our 3 kids and were between 7-12 days in length.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter