Back from BWV......Very Disappointed and Disgusted

I see things haven't changed much at BWV since Oct. 2011. My DH and I stayed there in a 1 bdrm during the F&WF and were very displeased with the quality of housekeeping services. We too checked in later at night and on the surface the room looked OK.....until I turned the bright lights on.........we had some type of red sticky stuff (think Koolaid fruit punch) spattered all over the one wall behind the pedestal sink and the whole base of the sink....someone had quickly swiped the floor in that area and there were no spatters but it was still disgustingly sticky......looked like maybe a child spilled a cup of something and it spattered everywhere. There was also a lot of mold around the base of the shower door where it meets with the tile floor.....all that takes is a couple squirts of a bleach based cleaner and it obviously hadn't been done in a long time. The kitchen floor was also so sticky when I walked across with my flip flops I literally stuck to it with every step and something was dripped down the front of the frig door.....very obvious large drips, the stove had been wiped but was still greasy streaks. We also called housekeeping.....the housekeeping manager came up....did not offer a room change (this was during F & WF.....BWV was full) but, did offer a complete full clean and a room credit for our inconvenience. As I told the housekeeping manager that evening........that's not what we're looking for......all we want is a clean room when we check in......and too frequently that's not what we get. As another poster said above.....we pay dues for housekeeping services and those services are not being done satisfactorily a good percentage of the time over the past few years. I understand housekeeping can be a backbreaking job and sometimes not a pleasant job (I've seen the way some people leave their rooms) but, the fact remains......it IS their job and if they're not doing it properly it does need to be addressed. Anyway, this is probably the third time we've had housekeeping or maintenance issues at BWV......we just felt the whole upkeep of the resort has not been good......and the place is really beginning to show its age and not being maintained well. We made a conscious decision to not stay at BWV on future trips and that trip left us with such a bad feeling we haven't been back to WDW since last Oct and have no trips planned for the remainder of this year nor next year to WDW.....we usually visit at least twice a year sometimes three.......we are going to Disneyland/Grand Californian in January 2013......we'll see what we're hearing about housekeeping, etc. before we decide to book something for the Fall 2013 at WDW......which will be a 2 year absence for us IF we decide to go at all.

Unlike PPs, I don't consider expecting my room to not have dried blood everywhere as having "high expectations". It seems like its a basic sanitation issue.

In the OP, it wasn't everywhere - it was on the inside of the washer.

Now, I don't know about you, but the inside of my washer has never had dried blood all over it, and I've never heard of anyone who cleans out the inside of their washer with regularity. This is not something you would expect - its the "if something is wrong its taken care of promptly" end of the spectrum.

And if you have issues with blood being on the inside of the washer - NEVER take a black light to the comforter in the room, which is other people's bodily fluids from one end to the other (many people remove the comforter from a hotel room bed the moment they come in and throw it in a corner or stick it in a drawer).

(The kitchen is a more obvious mistake - although the housekeeper cutting herself and the room somehow getting released without the cleanup being complete is a pretty likely answer, if I'm bleeding from my hand, I'd stop cleaning the kitchen and get it taken care of - and if it was bad enough - they sent her in for stitches. Then the room gets released by someone because "it should be clean by now" without realizing that it needs to be recleaned. Again a mistake. A rather gross one, but I've made mistakes in my life and my career, maybe that makes me understanding of the mistakes made by others. )

I would have not been thrilled to get a room with blood but I think I would have accepted the move, even if I was "already unpacked." Not sure what they could have done besides offer the move, and when that was turned down, offer a credit.
As for the second issue it is obvious the OP didn't know they were dealing with an offisite call center (and the resorts have had the offsite call center for a few years now.)

I would have not been thrilled to get a room with blood but I think I would have accepted the move, even if I was "already unpacked." Not sure what they could have done besides offer the move, and when that was turned down, offer a credit.
As for the second issue it is obvious the OP didn't know they were dealing with an offisite call center (and the resorts have had the offsite call center for a few years now.)

Well, from the sounds of things, if you don't like SSR, they will move you to the Grand Floridian!:lmao: Maybe unhappy BWV guests should shoot for the Poly.;)

This got me thinking, everytime we've stayed in a 2BR lockoff, the connecting door has been locked in both rooms. I've come across a few occasions where the front desk hasn't given us both room numbers (either the lower of the two numbers, or the number for the one bedroom, I can't remember), but you do get them both via the text when the room is ready now.

We stayed at BWV 6/16-6/23 in a 2 bedroom unit. I received a text that our room #3130 was ready. Went to our room and this was the one bedroom lock off. I was not sure if the room next door was our adjoining studio since the door on our end was locked and I could not open it. Called front desk to confirm what room # was the studio portion and they DID NOT know. Was asked to go out in the hall and try both rooms next to mine and see if my keys opened either room. How could they not know what both room numbers I had been assigned?

We stayed at BWV 6/16-6/23 in a 2 bedroom unit. I received a text that our room #3130 was ready. Went to our room and this was the one bedroom lock off. I was not sure if the room next door was our adjoining studio since the door on our end was locked and I could not open it. Called front desk to confirm what room # was the studio portion and they DID NOT know. Was asked to go out in the hall and try both rooms next to mine and see if my keys opened either room. How could they not know what both room numbers I had been assigned?

Did you try the key to the studio hallway door before you called, I am confused. :confused3 as to why you needed the room number.

Idiot working in the call center. :headache:

Definitely.

Catira, in case you don't know, calling "the front desk" gets you to a call center offsite (sometimes WAY offsite). They aren't at the front desk at the resort at all. If you have a question for the front desk, GO TO the front desk.

Did you try the key to the studio hallway door before you called, I am confused. :confused3 as to why you needed the room number.
The door to the studio was locked. We had to have someone come up and open it.

Definitely.

Catira, in case you don't know, calling "the front desk" gets you to a call center offsite (sometimes WAY offsite). They aren't at the front desk at the resort at all. If you have a question for the front desk, GO TO the front desk.

After reading some recents posts I now know that the front desk center is off site. I called one day to ask if there was somewhere onsite at the resort where we could buy eggs and milk. I was told "no". That evening when we were strolling the boardwalk we walked into one of the shops and they had milk,bread,eggs,ham. etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter