back from first trip home...questions!

squirrlygirl

DIS Veteran
We stayed in a studio at OKW for a couple of nights. DH now says he can't believe he ever thought twice about DVC and when can we add more points?:cool1: But I do have some questions..

1-Our bathroom was cleaned the morning after we checked in, including all new soap and shampoo, but not the rest of the studio--do they make mistakes like that often? I was really surprised that someone had been in our room!

2-Is there supposed to be a stopper for the sink? I couldn't find one.

3-What do you do with non-returnable pop cans?:confused3 I felt awful throwing them in the trash.

4-We accidentally left cans of pop in the fridge--would housekeeping get to keep these or would they get pitched?

5-Are the walls very thin or were those children in the next room very loud? I'm leaning towards loud but I was really surprised at just HOW loud :eek:

Thanks!

There have been alot of reports lately like these comming from all DVCs but especially OKW. You neet to let DVC know that you are a new member and find this unacceptable. Let them know that this was a bad impression for your first visit. If they keep getting this feedback they may start making changes especially at OKW. I am sure this will be addressed sooner rather than later. Disney does monitor these boards. OKW did not used to be like this. Since it looks like they will start selling full contracts there again, I am sure changes are on their way.

Answers to some.....
guess at some more...
They do have a recycling can in the trash room you can keep it in a seperate bag also.. the trash cans in general have a roll of bags in the bottom so you can take one form there if need be and make one trip at the end.
I would say the children were loud but the walls and floors are not super thick so you can here people above you or next to you at times.
I do not know if they would keep anything left in the fridge I would guess not unless they drink it in the room but more likely due to sanitary reasons they will probably toss it... You never know who was in the room or where the food was :confused3

And a sink stopper? Anyone answer that for me?

And where is the trash room? I didn't see that mentioned in my check-in stuff...is it on the map? Does every resort have one?

Oh! And one more! If you stay in a 2-bedroom, do you still get the same tiny bottles of shampoo and stuff, or do you get more?

:thumbsup2

A sink stopper for the bathroom? there should be a thing to pull up behind the faucet???
I have never stayed in a studio in OKW....
There is a trash room on the first level of every building in OKW and SSR just walk around under the landings and you should find it.. It has a sign that says trash room :lmao:
The two bedrooms in OKW... you will get a set in the first bathroom a set in the second bathroom and sometimes a set by the spa tub and it will be replaced on Trash a Towel day or full service day if you are staying that long.

stopper for the sink at the bar area. I have a baby and had to wash bottles, and boy was it a pain with no way to fill the sink with water. Of course, maybe there was an item by the sink labeled "sink stopper" and I missed it ;)

Thanks for the help!

We stayed in a one bedroom in August. I believe building 25. We were next to a GV. You can not imagine how loud it was!!! We realized that with the hardwood floors in the GV we heard everything. They were not by anymeans being rowdy, the sound just echoed. We went to bed around 11 every night. We were woken up at 2am everyday. I was so sleep exhausted it was really bad. One more request to add to my list, no GV as neighbors.

stopper for the sink at the bar area. I have a baby and had to wash bottles, and boy was it a pain with no way to fill the sink with water. Of course, maybe there was an item by the sink labeled "sink stopper" and I missed it ;)

Thanks for the help!

A call down to maintenance would have netted you a sink stopper quickly. I have learned over the years that calling the "front desk" does not actually get you the front desk at your resort, but a "central location". When I need something done, I go right to the department that can help, and in your case that would have been maintenance.

As for the "loud neighbors". We have never had many issues with noise at OKW unless we have been under a GV. We also had noisy neighbors when we stayed in a 1 bedroom once. The kids in the locked off studio portion kept trying to open the doors between, and got VERY loud nearly every night. It isn't the walls that are thin, but the fact that those connecting doors conduct sound pretty well.

We were below a GV one time where the people allowed their kids to run and I believe roller blade up there. When they would start up, we would take the broom and start hammering on the ceiling. They finally got the hint.

We were at OKW the 2nd week of September. The girls went to the park and the guys werntgolfing. When we came back from the parks we found tons of groceries in the room - in the refrigerator and on the counters. I immediately went down to HH and asked what was going on and why had someone been in our room. Come to find out the general store at OKW sent the groceries to our room - we had room 1241 and the groceries were suppose to go to 1421. They did not realize this until I came down and then they had also received a call from the party that purchased the groceries and they were asking why they had not been delivered. Major confusion!:confused3

We were at OKW the 2nd week of September. The girls went to the park and the guys werntgolfing. When we came back from the parks we found tons of groceries in the room - in the refrigerator and on the counters. I immediately went down to HH and asked what was going on and why had someone been in our room. Come to find out the general store at OKW sent the groceries to our room - we had room 1241 and the groceries were suppose to go to 1421. They did not realize this until I came down and then they had also received a call from the party that purchased the groceries and they were asking why they had not been delivered. Major confusion!:confused3

Oh dear-does this mean there might be someone out there that requested a bathroom cleaning and thinks they didn't follow through?
:laughing:
I told DH that the phone is answered by a "central location" and for some reason he got a kick out of it (he had called what he thought was the front desk while we were there)

As Diane said it is always best to call even if it is to question if something should be there. we were missing a lamp shade on a floor lamp in the master BR -bad as we have a cruiser and if he knocked that lamp over.... We went out to eat and it was there when we came back OKW is good about missing stuff.
Sorry I do not remember the bar sink drain it is been a while since we had a studio but all sinks should have stoppers.

We were below a GV one time where the people allowed their kids to run and I believe roller blade up there. When they would start up, we would take the broom and start hammering on the ceiling. They finally got the hint.

We used that too! We had folks bouncing super balls at 5 AM...EVERYDAY!

We always look for the mousekeeper on checkout day and let her know that we are leaving soda, water, etc. and tell her she can have it. I always assumed she took it. Do you think they are not allowed to take it?

Maybe they need to do what they do at DS's school and have a table for all not-wanted items. If you're checking out, you can drop off anything, and if you're checking in, you can stop by the table and see if there's anything you can use!:thumbsup2
Imagine being able to stop by and pick up an umbrella stroller for your five-yr. old and then just leave it when you're done:goodvibes

Or, in my case, know your pop won't go to waste (honestly, what was he thinking? 24 cans for 2 nights? We rarely drink the stuff and the kids weren't with us!:rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter