Back from the Chicago Dis Meet

Brisully

DCL Repo Man
I just got home from the meet. I brought my niece, nephew and BIL as well. We ordered tickets ahead of time and picked them up at the group sales window. I found a surprise in the envelope - a DQ Pirates of the Carribbean - Battle for Bucchaneer Gold pin!!! We got there 45 minutes before the meet was to begin so our group went on Virtual Jungle Cruise, Alladdin's Magic Carpets, Pirates, and Buzz. All pretty neat rides.

I went to the room that we had for the event, and saw a TON of people!!!. It looked like a convention, with everyones pins laid out on tables. There was lots of trading going on. I picked up some pins from Perdita that she aquired on her most recent trip (Cruise and WDW), including the Dizpins Mickey at the Beach. They are AWESOME!!!! . Thanks Nancy & David!!!

I also picked up some pins that Fantasmickey and her son Jason picked up for me from their trip to the WDAC Convention, including the Merlin pin and the Fantasyland slider pin, as well as the first Star Wars pins!!. WHAT GREAT FRIENDS!!!!! Thanks Jeannie and Jason!!!!

I traded some more pins before leaving around 3:30. Before I left, I did have a piece of their Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake. Yum.

All in all, a wonderful day. Thanks to Fignemt2 (Cyndi) and CKupres (Cathi) for planning a great event.

Just got back to Decatur and must say it was a great time.
I would like to thank everybody for such a wonderful time.
Came home with 15 new pins and a couple to dance about.
Also many kudos to all the staff for making all us pin freaks feel at home.
Can't wait to see all of you again. Keep on trading.
BERFOX (tim)

Thanks for inviting this non-pin guy, as well as anyone who wanted to join in, to another great Chicago DIS meet. :D

I am ALWAYS amazed at the pins (numbers and how beautiful) that real pin collectors have. My 40 or, almost all of them gifts from many of you guys over the past year, pales in comparison to true collections. Mine are all non-traders, as gifts, I will always keep them. :D

Disney Quest was a great choice of location. I was happy to meet a number of folks I had not met in the past, all very nice people. I will have pictures up soon. Thanks again, for a great day, guys!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter