Back from vow renewal

Congratulations. The photos are great. I hope you had a great time.

I'm considering a vow renewal for our 10-year anniversary (January 2004) but am worried that the packages Disney offers are more that I can afford.

Did you go with a Disney package?
How many guests did you have?
Where was the ceremony and dinner/reception?
Any advice for what to do and what to avoid?

Did you go with a Disney package?
We had considered the Intimate package and had we gone this route we would have done the Intimate Add-On package (not highly publicized) which would have allowed us to purchase our park tickets and hotels on our own.
Instead we had a Custom Vow Renewal which has stiffer minimum expenditures but allows for greater flexibility. In the end, I think any route you go would give you a dream vow renewal.

How many guests did you have?
We had 14 people total.

Where was the ceremony and dinner/reception?
Ceremony was at The Wedding Pavilion.
Reception was at Grand Floridian's Whitehall Room and Patio.

Any advice for what to do and what to avoid?
Do choose whatever best fits your budget. You will enjoy the experience no matter what. Compromise on the elements that are important and not so important. We didn't spend much on floral. But we splurged on Cinderella's Coach and the pavilion.

I would avoid adding in too much. In the end, I think we could have cut back on several elements (Illuminations dessert party, too much food, etc) and still had a wonderful time.

I think what is really important is the ceremony and a small celebration afterwards. Of course if you have the money, the sky (or Castle) is the limit at Disney!

Kim

Those are really nice pics Kim. Make sure you show the professional ones when you get those as well.
Was Randy Chapman your photographer?

Oh yes and Kim - is the intimate add-on package only available with vow renewals, or can you get it with the intimate wedding package as well?

Connie

Randy Chapman was our photographer. He was wonderful!
Patrick Lyons was our videographer...also fabulous!

Intimates are available for weddings and vow renewals.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter