Backpack carrier or stroller for 23 month old?

sln88

WDW 10/22/05 Wonder 10/27/05!
Going next month to see my Disney daughter. Bringing grandson and his mom

What's better for a child this age? I feel like pushing a stroller would be a hassle(went a few years ago with my sister in a wheelchair and it was hard). It's hard to manuvure through the crowds when pushing something.

With a backpack he'd see more, but what do you do with it when you're on a ride? I want to get a decent one so I don't want it stolen.

You also get a break with a stroller (it would mainly be me carrying as his mom has back problems, but he's on the small side)

Stroller also has a place to put your junk.

We don't have any set plans because my daughter doesn't have her schedule. Possibly mnsshp, possibly another day at mk to see my daughter's shows. Day at Discovery cove and day at SeaWorld. I'm thinking a backpack would not work well at the last two because he will be out to swim or look at the animals.

I also have a mai Tai that might work and we could take with the stroller, but feel like he will get too hot because he'll be stuck against my body. And then we're stuck pushing the stroller anyhow.

Stroller! I was an avid baby wearer either using my K'tan or backpack carrier, and I would NOT want to carry a 23 month old on my back all day in the park! Especially the constant up/down in/out for rides. The stroller will be much easier. Plus, a 23 month old in a stroller is easier to push than a grown person in a wheelchair, so I don't feel they are comparable. Then, like you said, you also have a place to store your stuff!

Wouldn't the child be in the sun the whole day? Even with strollers with a big shade, you get little feet sticking out.

Plus at 23 months, the child is walking. I can't imagine my 20 month DGS being happy confined for ages.

Stroller, for sure. I would not be able to have 30+ lbs strapped to my back all day. The kid might do better being shaded too, especially if it's hot. Many people bring Strollers to Disney. I was surprised at how easy it was.

Plus at that age, the child may wish to walk some. When we took our son at 18 months, he walked some short distances, in lines, etc.

Stroller. No way I'd want a 23 month old strapped to my back while touring the parks all day. Also using a stroller gives you somewhere to put your park bag so you don't have to carry it. When we used a stroller our stuff was in it more than our kids!

I would take both! We use both. My youngest just turned 3 and we go during fall break every year and I plan to take both again! We have the Tula toddler but I couldn't carry her all day! Strollers are needed!

stroller.

I have very minor back problems and I would carry my than 6 month old I would carry her on the bus and through security. Also during the ride lines and character greets. We only went for 4 days and even after that my back was starting to bother me. Heck even my husband offered to wear her.

We are looking to go again this winter and she will be almost 13 months old and I will probably will only carry her during lines now if not at all. I must just hold her on my own or have my husband hold her.

Stroller definitely. I would say a soft structured carrier like a Tula or Lillebaby for back carry would be easier to stow under the stroller and give options but if only choosing one, the stroller will be a much better choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter