Backpacks for all?

I just bought a baggalini city bag, that hangs kind of in front of you like a small messenger bag. I like the idea of the pacsafe ones but hate buying things online I can't see. Anyone know how the pacsafe bags have the feature that lets you attach it to something? I'm imagining kind of a velcro loop I could use to attach the bag to a chair when we sit down at a restaurant, something I could probably make and put on any bag... would that work?

I just bought a baggalini city bag, that hangs kind of in front of you like a small messenger bag. I like the idea of the pacsafe ones but hate buying things online I can't see. Anyone know how the pacsafe bags have the feature that lets you attach it to something? I'm imagining kind of a velcro loop I could use to attach the bag to a chair when we sit down at a restaurant, something I could probably make and put on any bag... would that work?
From Pacsafe's website:

"Snatchproof anchor clips / locks

When travelling, commuting or out with friends enjoying a meal or drink, you’re not always able to keep a close eye on your belongings. In an instant, someone can take your bag without you knowing. That’s why Pacsafe have designed products with snatchproof metal clips on slashproof belts, straps, cables or chains. These can be unfastened at one end allowing you to loop and anchor your bag to any secure fixture such as the arm of your restaurant chair, bus seat or poolside lounger.

For extra security Pacsafe have designed products which offer an additional snatchproof locking system. This system enables you to not only anchor your bag to a secure fixture but lock it safely there as well."

I actually found a Travelon anti-theft bag with a lot of the same features (except the snatch-proof strap) at a local Galleria Luggage shop. I'm with you, I need to actually see the bag, see how big it is, how heavy, how well my camera & ebook can fit in it, etc. This bag has cable in the strap to prevent them cutting the strap, and mesh in the body to prevent slashing. It's a nice, not-too-big size, kind of expandable, lots of pockets. I was really happy with it, except there isn't much choice in color...

http://www.ebags.com/travelon/unisex_anti_theft_travel_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=117000

I have a trip in a couple of weeks; I'll let you know how it does!

sayhello

That travelon bag looks very nice - definitely let me know how it works. I was hoping to find something in a fun color, so the blue baggalini option did help sway me. Mine is a little smaller than yours, but I'm hoping to travel relatively light while touring, and make DH carry a few things in a larger backpack (but not money, just stuff).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter