Bagless!

frostymom

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Contemporary. I am with my 2 sons 10 and 12. We are on the dining plan. Is it possible to go bagless? I really want to be hands free as much as possible. What are your strategies to go bagless but with phone (camera,app, time, fp, etc) Waterbottle?

I just had surgery on left wrist where I wear my MB usually. So I may have to wear a lanyard instead.

If you have a great lightweight hands free bag please post here too.

Bagless is the best way to go!!!
Phone, id, and a small amount of money in a pocket. I don't carry a water bottle. I just get free ice water from the parks. Bestie carries one though.
Going bagless has been awesome!

We are staying at Contemporary. I am with my 2 sons 10 and 12. We are on the dining plan. Is it possible to go bagless? I really want to be hands free as much as possible. What are your strategies to go bagless but with phone (camera,app, time, fp, etc) Waterbottle?

I just had surgery on left wrist where I wear my MB usually. So I may have to wear a lanyard instead.

If you have a great lightweight hands free bag please post here too.

Since you're going to need pockets to carry the phone, I'll assume that you may also have belt loops. Get a water bottle you can attach a caribiner to and loop it through the belt loops. Voila! Hands free.

Not certain where the dining plan falls in it all as we don't use it but i never carry a bag. Everything I need fits in my pockets. So yeah, it's very possible to go bagless. Possible and wonderful.

I don't carry anything to drink, too easy to find something to drink around the parks, no need to cart something around too. Phone and everything else fits in pockets. As for the MB, if you want a lanyard, wear one. Otherwise, just move the MB to the other arm

We spent our entire week at Disney at the beginning of June completely bagless - all 4 of us. And I didn't always have a pocket and would just carry my phone in my hand. I did buy a wrap around case for the phone on our trip in January for the purpose of carrying it - it is more protection in case I drop it and it has a slip pocket on the inside for my passholder card and license.

The caribiner tip is a good one, my daughter does this for her baseball cap.

I will say that bagless is much easier accomplished if you tour like we do - with mid-day breaks. Otherwise I would be concerned about needing sunscreen reapplication if I was in a park all day in the Florida sun.

Yep, I go bagless too. Phone in my pocket, small amount of cash, ID, cc and AP in a small cloth wallet in other pocket. MB on caribiner on belt loop if I have one, if not I wear one on my wrist. Sunglasses on head, reading glasses around my neck, cap on my head. If I'm wearing a sundress without pockets or pants that don't have pockets big enough to hold my phone, I have an infinity scarf with a pocket or I wear a runners belt under my dress which I pull over my dress after I get into the park. On the days I wear the runners belt, I carry my phone in my hand into the park then put it in the belt after I pull it over my dress. I've found if I wear it over my dress, sometimes security insists it's a bag and needs checked so I have to shimmy out of it and that's not fun.

I wear a lanyard with some cash, ID and insurance card. Phone and lipgloss in my pocket or in the lanyard.

I've been bagless and strollerless since DD was 5. It's so freeing!

I want to reiterate what a pp stated. We are midday break ppl so we can be without most anything for 4 hours. And if we have to have something I'm sure we can find it in the park.

Pockets are the key, and if possible I prefer pockets with flaps that fasten so the phone and/or wallet can't slip out if a ride gets a little rough. I used to go bagless all the time, but with the advent of the metal detectors I've gone back to wearing a small crossbody bag because it's easier to just hand that off as I go through the detector than it is to empty pockets and then try to keep an eye on a tiny wallet and tiny phone so no one walks off with it (mostly solo, so no second set of eyes to help out). Bagless is a great way to go though.

Bagles! I wear what I call my "Disney shorts:" https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68071?feat=trail model shorts-SR0&page=comfort-trail-shorts&csp=a
(LL Bean's Comfort Trail Shorts, if the link fails.)
I go with my 2 preteen sons, and love bagless - not just to avoid bag check, but just to feel lighter on my feet. Everything fits in my 3 zippered pockets: phone (w/camera) in 1; ID/AP card/$20 bill/credit card (all of those just in case); MB on wrist; Advil and zipoc baggie (to put phone in if it rains) in 3rd zipper pocket. These shorts have 2 regular, pretty deep pockets. I put the daily park schedule and my handwritten FP list in there (just in case phone dies). Lipstick charger for phone goes in a son's pocket. I do have an AP, and thus PhotoPass included, and thus feel the cell phone's camera is enough for the few times we take a photo ourselves. We don't shop (for souvenirs or otherwise), but if we did end up with, say, food someone wants to save for later, I'd get a plastic bag at a park merchandise store's cashier. One of those 1-use rain ponchos fits (folded up) in the shorts too. HTH!

Not certain where the dining plan falls in it all as we don't use it but i never carry a bag. Everything I need fits in my pockets. So yeah, it's very possible to go bagless. Possible and wonderful.

I don't carry anything to drink, too easy to find something to drink around the parks, no need to cart something around too. Phone and everything else fits in pockets. As for the MB, if you want a lanyard, wear one. Otherwise, just move the MB to the other arm

Food plan is because we don't have to have money or drinks. If we bought something we could have it delivered right back to the Contemporary right?
thanks for all the input!

Food plan is because we don't have to have money or drinks. If we bought something we could have it delivered right back to the Contemporary right?
thanks for all the input!
Yes, as long as you don't leave for a couple days. If got are leaving sooner you can have it sent you front gate and pick it up on the way out

Going bagless is like being a dolphin swimming among the whales. Cargo shorts are our friend. DD20 wears shorts too small to fit much of anything in except her phone and her behind, so really it's only three of us that carry stuff. Phones, charging pods and cables, sun screen, credit card, IDs, insurance cards, maybe a pack of crackers... nothing to it really.

I have a lanyard with a waterproof phone pouch. I stick phone, CC, I'D in that and we are good to go. Hubby will sometimes were the fanny pack and take bandaids, medicine, camera, and sunscreen in it

Going bagless is like being a dolphin swimming among the whales. Cargo shorts are our friend. DD20 wears shorts too small to fit much of anything in except her phone and her behind, so really it's only three of us that carry stuff. Phones, charging pods and cables, sun screen, credit card, IDs, insurance cards, maybe a pack of crackers... nothing to it really.

I'd more equate it with being a kangaroo. Some of you are fine putting what you need into your pockets. I'm not. To me it is horribly uncomfortable.

Always bagless for me, too. One of the (many) benefits of having a son? Even when I want to wear a dress, HE has pockets! Luckily for me he loves cargo shorts/trousers - and puts my phone in one pocket - and our hand sanitizer and some pins in the other. :)

When he was younger I carried a backpack, but no more sweaty back for me! Yay!

Bagless here. Guys wear cargo shorts or pants. I have a runners belt that goes under my shirt so it's not visable. I have heard if it is you go through the bag check like. I carry my phone and a tiny pill container. Guys have wallets and phones and epi pens. That's it. My ID is in DH wallet. Wear MB. Last trip we needed nothing in wallets, not even one time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter