Banned for life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plan, he's in a resort, talking about making bombs and a meth lab???.I don't care about the syntax or semantics of his statement.....He is a threat because no one in his right mind would bring those type of items up in a discussion. Who was to know if the next thing he does is go to his room, lock the door and set off a bomb, or is in a kitchen unit and starts cooking up some meth!....that's a threat hands down.

It had to be checked out and the banning action taken was proper!

AKK

Plan, he's in a resort, talking about making bombs and a meth lab???.I don't care about the syntax or semantics of his statement.....He is a threat because no one in his right mind would bring those type of items up in a discussion. Who was to know if the next thing he does is go to his room, lock the door and set off a bomb, or is in a kitchen unit and starts cooking up some meth!....that's a threat hands down.

AKK

Pffft...kitchen? You don't even need a heat source. A soda bottle, the ability to swirl it, and some luck in releasing pressure by twisting the cap every so often. Seriously.

And I agree with you 100%. They HAVE to act.

Ther are two videos of him detailing the entire weekend. He states that he called down to the desk to find out about adding on one more night. He was put on hold, but notes that there was no music, so he thought that the desk clerk was still listening to him. He then took it upon himself to make stupid comments and pass the phone around to his wife and daughter. He states this went on for 15 minutes. So, we can only take his word about what he said during that wait, and only speculate if the front desk heard him. After 15 minutes on hold, he states that he hung up and called back down to the desk. That's when he made the stupid comment about building a meth lab.

I think there is much more to this. We've only heard his side and we know Disney will never talk.

I think that someone who actually had a meth lab or even plans to build one wouldn't be talking about it in public.

I do agree that there is likely more to this.

Ther are two videos of him detailing the entire weekend. He states that he called down to the desk to find out about adding on one more night. He was put on hold, but notes that there was no music, so he thought that the desk clerk was still listening to him. He then took it upon himself to make stupid comments and pass the phone around to his wife and daughter. He states this went on for 15 minutes. So, we can only take his word about what he said during that wait, and only speculate if the front desk heard him. After 15 minutes on hold, he states that he hung up and called back down to the desk. That's when he made the stupid comment about building a meth lab.

I think there is much more to this. We've only heard his side and we know Disney will never talk.

Well, we all know that "calling the front desk" from your room isn't actually calling the front desk at all. So his story makes less and less sense.

I think he's an idiot, pure and simple, trying to use the media to undo a stupid mistake he made.

I think that someone who actually had a meth lab or even plans to build one wouldn't be talking about it in public.

I agree , which is why by his statements , he was looking like a nut case, who may or may not have had the bomb or fixings for cooking up meth.

What do you think would have happened if he was in a airport, or mall, or arena talking about bombs and meth?

AKK

I agree , which is why by his statements , he was looking like a nut case, who may or may not have had the bomb or fixings for cooking up meth.

What do you think would have happened if he was in a airport, or mall, or arena talking about bombs and meth?

AKK

Didn't he not make a comment about bombs? Wasn't it only about meth? I think I read that he told the reporters that he should have said bombs instead as if that made it better.

If he had said anything about bombs then I understand it but still iffy on the fake drug lab

I think that's largely true of most people planning to purport a terrorist or illegal action. But there are exceptions.

And...honestly....it's the same tactic taken by the TSA, federal and municipal buildings, and OTHER hotels/motels on these types of issues. There are times and places where you don't talk about certain subjects because they can be perceived as threats.

Is this an overabundance of caution? Absolutely...and I honestly wouldn't want it any other way.

Didn't he not make a comment about bombs? Wasn't it only about meth? I think I read that he told the reporters that he should have said bombs instead as if that made it better.

If he had said anything about bombs then I understand it but still iffy on the fake drug lab

Meth labs can explode. They pretty much are potential explosive devices. They aren't just "drug labs" (labs make them sound so much more complicated/complex than the really are or have to be).

Actually yes it is like yelling fire....because it creates a situation where a panic can be created and that is the same as yelling fire. The CM is hearing to stupid fool saying things like build a bomb, a meth lab........both explosive and dangerous and frankly that is enough to know the guy is a sicko and dangerous. I don't want the CM to debate semantics over his wordings of whether he wanted to build one or could. The CM had no way of knowing he wouldn't lock the door and set off the bomb with my family or another family or your family sitting in the next room. I don't take chances like that with my family.

How could anyone know that he's not in a kitchen unit and cooking up meth?

If that fool made that had done that at a airport, school, mall he would have been locked up fast and frankly he should be now.

So yes is was like yelling fire in a theater.

AKK

He only mentioned the meth lab I believe. He was saying in the article that he should have said he could make an atomic bomb but didn't actually say that to the CM. I guess I don't know as much about meth as some of the people here on the forum lol but I didn't know they could explode. So I understand a little more that there could have been a potential danger if he was really a kingpin meth dealer. But I think taking a small comment as "I COULD build a meth lab" is a bit much to ban someone for life. If they wanted to check his room to be sure then yea go ahead but a whole lifetime ban for saying something dumb? That's OD

I'm just glad he didn't say that he could fly to the moon and back before getting some service. Could you imagine the mess left behind when the sheriffs raided his room to throw him a ticker-tape parade?

He only mentioned the meth lab I believe. He was saying in the article that he should have said he could make an atomic bomb but didn't actually say that to the CM. I guess I don't know as much about meth as some of the people here on the forum lol but I didn't know they could explode. So I understand a little more that there could have been a potential danger if he was really a kingpin meth dealer. But I think taking a small comment as "I COULD build a meth lab" is a bit much to ban someone for life. If they wanted to check his room to be sure then yea go ahead but a whole lifetime ban for saying something dumb? That's OD

Well Catvondita, your a forgiving person. However I wont risk my family on someone with such lack of self control that he shoots his mouth off in such a manner in a public place. I want him out and based on all the reasons I previously stated I feel banning him for life was proper.

There is not need to defend the CM or Disney, they took proper actions as this guy was making threats........I am applauding DISNEY!
AKK

How exactly is this a threat! If he said to the CM, "I could slap you silly" then it could be a threat. Saying, "I can build a meth lab in this amount of time" is stupid.

Stupid doesn't equal threat. Over reaction once again rules the day!

How exactly is this a threat! If he said to the CM, "I could slap you silly" then it could be a threat. Saying, "I can build a meth lab in this amount of time" is stupid.

Stupid doesn't equal threat. Over reaction once again rules the day!

Sorry totally disagree.

He is a threat because no one in his right mind would bring those type of items up in a discussion. Who was to know if the next thing he does is go to his room, lock the door and set off a bomb, or is in a kitchen unit and starts cooking up some meth!....Whether he intended to use a bomb/meth lab or was a mental case,that's a threat hands down.

A meth lad is explosive and gasously poisonous......a threat

AKK

It just seems like such a stupid and random thing to say. WHO in their right mind goes to a meth lab analogy when they're referring to something taking too long? A meth cook, I bet.

bbs04e0731.gif

:P

It just seems like such a stupid and random thing to say. WHO in their right mind goes to a meth lab analogy when they're referring to something taking too long? A meth cook, I bet.

bbs04e0731.gif

:P

That has kinda been my point though the whole thing.......he is a loose cannon and needs to leave...AKK

Actually we know more than just what is in the story. But taking the story at face value:

Dude made a comment. Police raided his hotel room.

Assuming the 2nd point is true (here's where we know more):

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that hotel rooms are covered by the 4th amendment. Meaning they can't be searched without a warrant or probable cause.

So... Either the comments made were such that police got a warrant, believed they had probable cause to enter without one, or the police/Disney violated his civil rights.

The other option is the police didn't raid his room as he claimed and just knocked on the door (ETA: He voluntarily let them search the room)and they told him to get out.

One of the two points in his story is wrong. Either he said something that warranted getting raided, or he wasn't raided (or possibly his civil rights were violated)

I'm not one to usually side with police, but one of those 2 statements is incorrect. Which one is up for discussion

Yes, and why is he more worried about being banned from Disney than the police "raid"?
I know police tactics aren't highly popular at the moment, but my DH is a LEO, and he knows to ask, and he knows that most people consent. Most LEOs aren't so gung-ho to catch a possible meth dealer that they raid hotel rooms without warrant or permission because they know that the first thing that will come up in court is that the lawyer is going to say there was no warrant/consent.

You know, it may not even be because he made the comment about the meth lab. It could have been him being a jerk to the CM, then returning to his room and being a jerk there---screaming, pounding on the walls, stomping, etc. The front desk gets complaints, they see who is in the room, remember the guy's comments about the lab, and decided it's just easier (and safer) to have him removed by the police.

Decided to google his name. Now this guy has a youtube video up where he details the story himself. He has also been going around the web to other news articles and correcting their information in the comments. He says he was not joking when he said it and doesn't know why he said it. So if it wasn't a joke then what was it?

Also he was only hold for 15 minutes! 15 that's it. It was Labor day Weekend and he was calling at 11:30 at night to see if he could stay another night. Labor Day is incredibly busy and yes 15 minutes is quiet a wait but I imagine they were going through the whole system trying to find him anything. I really hope Disney releases something since this has made it on to the regular news sites and not just local FL. I have a feeling there is much more going on then just his simple request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter