Barnstormer

DJT

DIS Veteran
I presume adults ride this attraction as well as children. My sister cannot ride BTMRR because of what it does to her head when she rides it (that's how she describes it). I wondered if she would be able to ride Barnstormer. We usually don't go to that section of MK. How does Barnstormer compare to BTMRR as far as the jerky curves? I love BTMRR and I'd like to try Barnstormer.

Barnstormer is much shorter than BTMRR, and I don't remember it being very jerky. DD and I ride it almost every trip, even though she's a teenager now, because it's different and fun in its own right. But to be on the safe side for your sister, you might want to ride it by yourself first!

I actually find it harder to ride Barnstormer as an adult than BTMRR. The turns are tight and short. It seems quite jerky to me. Maybe that's just me though. At least on BTMRR you have some relatively long straight track areas to orient yourself in between turns.

I think it will depend very much on the age/height of your sister,the ride is very short & really designed for kids(a la Woody Woodpecker & Flying Unicorn) so it can be a tight squeeze for bigger adults/teenagers,but my then DS 6 year old loved it & kept going round to get back on!
hope this helps SD:Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce:

I am the biggest chicken when it comes to rollercoasters. I got on with my DH and DD. I rode by myself because the seats were small. I was scared at the beginning, but it really wasn't that bad. I would actually do it again. Now the big coasters - I can't do!!!

Yes, adults can ride. Both dh & I rode w/ DD last year.

Actually, I thought it felt pretty much like a regular coster w/out the drops. It was very "jerky".

DD did not like it at all. She was 3.5 at the time. I would not let a small child ride this alone.

Is there a height requirement for this? Can you sit in the same seat with your child? My son is 2 and talks a lot about roller coasters, so I'm thinking of trying it with him...I'll have to see it first.

Thanks,
Linda

Originally posted by WDWLinda
Is there a height requirement for this? Can you sit in the same seat with your child? My son is 2 and talks a lot about roller coasters, so I'm thinking of trying it with him...I'll have to see it first.

Thanks,
Linda
The height requirement is a minimum of 35 inches. My DH (small Pooh size) has ridden in the same seat with our very small (5 feet tall, 85 pound) DD with no problem - except that getting her in is no picnic - she is disabled and varies between very stiff (plastic doll) and very loose (rag doll).
The entire ride is about 90 seconds.

We took our 2 grandchildren on the Barnstormer in February and they loved it. They were 3 and 4.

DH and I rode with DD-5 and it was her very favorite ride. We rode it 10 times...5 of which were consecutive just before we left on our last park day. Only one adult can fit in the same "plane" with the child. The only thing that could make it better for her would be if Goofy rode it with her. DH has a cousin who's a castmember...maybe I could arrange it... Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter