Baseball Costumes out today!

deepshadow said:
I bet these suits are going to come out again but this time red baseball suit for girls and red cheerleading suit for boys.

Why is everybody so upset at the boys?You guys are over there with three girls only suits and now a fourth.We finally have one that is not "temporary" like the green hero suit.

So just calm down.And stop being greedy lol.

Who is mad at the boys? I dont see anyone mad at the boys, just dissapointed with VMK. Lets not turn this into a boys vs girls debate when most of us are upset because we are trying to get equal rights here (for Boys as well!! ;) )

Carrieberry said:
Who is mad at the boys? I dont see anyone mad at the boys, just dissapointed with VMK. Lets not turn this into a boys vs girls debate when most of us are upset because we are trying to get equal rights here (for Boys as well!! ;) )
Oh I see.Well I am pretty sure the girls will get a baseball costume but in red.

Nanoer said:
hey you girls have like 6 costumes to yourslef and vmk is sexist when we get ONE costume to ourselves??

:rolleyes:
Yeah, that's exactly it. So glad you read carefully.

Carrieberry said:
Ok again- this is not what the anger is about! It is NOT about boys getting a costume to themsleves- most of us agree boys need more costumes to themsleves,without a doubt, definitely, no question about it (can I be any more clear?).

Read through all the posts again. It is about teaching kids that they can be whatever they want to be, and play whatever sports they want to play, not genderizing baseball as a boys sport and cheerleading as a girl sport! It has nothing to do with jealousy or anything else. Nobody is calling vmk sexist because they gave boys a costume of their own, they are calling them that because of the fact that it is stereotypical and sending kids the wrong message. Thats it, no jealousy, no anger over boys getting something girls dont, no whining.........

Excause me, but isn't that the parent's job to teach your children, not some virtural game's job?

Hmm! There seems to be a battle on both sides here! On one side you have boys that say we need more costumes to play dress up. On the other side you have girls that say they should have the baseball uniform. I don't think that it is a debate at all. If you don’t like what they are doing don't buy either of them. I myself will not buy a baseball uniform, I think that it is unfair to say that the girls should not have them. I myself would not buy a cheerleader outfit, not because I can't, just because I would not. It would be fair if they offered both to either boys or girls. Again I am sure that the AMs and such would not buy a cheerleader outfit. However, I might buy a cheerleading outfit for an upcoming costume party or for next Halloween.

In summary: Don't like what VMK is doing, don't buy either of them! Strongest message of them all!

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

cat_herder said:
Excause me, but isn't that the parent's job to teach your children, not some virtural game's job?

Uh yes....did i say it wasnt? Its already a uphill battle though without a virtual game showing them exactly the opposite of what we are trying to teach them. Its called media bombardment?? Thanks though.

DemonLlama said:
:rolleyes:
Yeah, that's exactly it. So glad you read carefully.

Lol, don't be so hard on Nanoer. In my opinion I think it's more of the letdown after and excitement thing. Lots of girls were really really excited to get baseball costumes. They log on when it says new costumes are released today on the homepage, but they log on and they don't see what they were expecting. Boys are excited because they finally get a costume that's completely their own to themselves, and lots of ladies are on the boards talking about how costumes should be allowed to girls as well. In dissapointment we get emotions running into things and people get confused.

Now in reality I don't like the cheerleading costume. I think the graphics for the pom-poms were done poorly and as people were mentioning those "shoes" are way too big :P Sure I'd like a baseball costume, but I've got plenty of other cotumes to wear. For now I'll have fun mixing my cheerleading costume with my haunted mansion suit :)

Also, those shoes. The actual shoes this time. I think it's really dumb that VMK releases "new" expensive shoes that are just like old ones we've had for a long time but with socks? Now where is the indignation for that? What sort of image is that sending our young children? Extortion I say :)

AGumby said:
In summary: Don't like what VMK is doing, don't buy either of them! Strongest message of them all!

That would be a rational way of looking at this. Except for the fact that it's not so much the costume people are having a problem with so much as the message it sends. Personally I'm sort of with the boys here on this. I mean we've all been so concerned about how this new issue has been sending a negative message to the girls, but I don't think the previous situation was sending all positives either. I've personally grown up in an age where girls are given every opportunity and every leg up trying to make up for the long history where girls were pushed down. However people are starting to go overboard. For example, in my school girls can go out for any sport they want to go out for, but boys can't go out for a sport that is girls only. In my parent's school (which, yes, was a bit back there) one of the boy's sports teams was told they couldn't play because there weren't enough girls on the team to continue to get funding. I read someone in the thread that someone's daughter (I think it was) had been telling their son for months that she can get more costumes than he can. I'm not sure we should be sending the message that girls are better OR guys are better.

Also as a substitute if you grab the cheer shirt, pretent the pompoms are customized pink gloves (why they're on both hands I don't know) wear the pink trucker hat, put on some pants and a tennis shoes you've got a pretty good baseball outfit. See, just make it work :)

Bottom line. If I go to any Disney theme park, Nobody dictates to me whether or not I buy a princess hat or a baseball cap. Those without children may not understand what this does to all of us trying to tell our kids that there is no difference between a girl and a boy (besides the obvious). Something like this happens, especially on the girl side of the equation, I can only imagine the dissapointment of being a girl and not being able to buy a baseball outfit just because of my virtual gender.

Thats right EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL and thats the whole point. The boys need more costumes, and both need to be equal. It doesnt happen here in rl so why cant it happen in the virtual world?

Guess I'm the ONLY one on this VMK Board that is perfectly content with today's costumes. :) I love the cheerleading costume and would never be caught dead in the baseball one (kind of like those super hero costumes also). LOL!

:confused3 Oh well, you can't please everyone...

I love the baseball costumes hat. Maybe even more than my beloved Backwards hat..

Carrieberry said:
Thats right EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL and thats the whole point. The boys need more costumes, and both need to be equal. It doesnt happen here in rl so why cant it happen in the virtual world?

What doesn't happen here in RL? I'm not sure what you mean. Would you mind clarifying a bit?

Also, check out my "baseball" costume :)

cheerball2.jpg
cheerball1.jpg

What do you guys think?

well ok i think we need to write a letter to the the vmk black hole of no return. We all need to get some things off our ...uh shoulders (thats it ;) )
Well we need more guy costumes but not sexist costumes, i guess you can say. You are parents and vmk players. Like at my school if you want stuff to change you can't just get the student envoled you need the parents (that how we got to go to va. beach becuase they didn't want us to go).

threeboysmom said:
Guess I'm the ONLY one on this VMK Board that is perfectly content with today's costumes. :) I love the cheerleading costume and would never be caught dead in the baseball one (kind of like those super hero costumes also). LOL!

:confused3 Oh well, you can't please everyone...

Oh, I am content as well! I just think they gave us "shoes" that are a little too big for our feet! :rolleyes: lol

I feel ALL VMK clothing should be available to both boys and girls. I also feel there is no need to make costumes that have big shoes. This is a game geared toward tweens so it would be just fine to have the female characters be flat footed. :rotfl2: For one thing, not being flat footed gets in the way of your baseball swing. But I guess that's why girls can't buy baseball uniforms. If VMK eventually allows boys to wear big shoes, the shoes should be changed to flat footed shoes. Otherwise the boy characters would probably never come out of their rooms to play with the girl characters. :lmao: Personally, qruthie likes to be flat footed as much as possible in VMK.

Seriously, I have supported boys being able to buy and wear the girl costumes from the very beginning. I think I even wrote to the black hole about it when the princess costumes were first released. I have no issues with a boy character wearing a princess costume. I'm sure some group of people would attempt to get the public to boycott all things Disney if this happened but that shouldn't stop VMK from making all clothing unisex.

So, in my opinion,the real issue is there should be no single sex clothing in VMK period.

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

qruthie said:
I feel ALL VMK clothing should be available to both boys and girls. I also feel there is no need to make costumes that have big shoes. This is a game geared toward tweens so it would be just fine to have the female characters be flat footed. :rotfl2: For one thing, not being flat footed gets in the way of your baseball swing. But I guess that's why girls can't buy baseball uniforms. If VMK eventually allows boys to wear big shoes, the shoes should be changed to flat footed shoes. Otherwise the boy characters would probably never come out of their rooms to play with the girl characters. :lmao: Personally, qruthie likes to be flat footed as much as possible in VMK.

Seriously, I have supported boys being able to buy and wear the girl costumes from the very beginning. I think I even wrote to the black hole about it when the princess costumes were first released. I have no issues with a boy character wearing a princess costume. I'm sure some group of people would attempt to get the public to boycott all things Disney if this happened but that shouldn't stop VMK from making all clothing unisex.

So, in my opinion,the real issue is there should be no single sex clothing in VMK period.

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

:rotfl2:

well, for the boys why cant they make prince costumes that go with the princess outfits, like a blue red and yellow one.

why am i fighting or what ever i am at all it is just a GAME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter