Basic Magic Bands?

No, you don't have to charge the MB2, only the MB+.
Thanks! So I messed up just ordering what was available for my family of 5 yesterday (the MB +) for our upcoming WDW trip. I was getting anxious. Can I cancel an order within 24 hours?

If you don't charge the MB +, does it lose all functionality-or just the special features?

Thanks! So I messed up just ordering what was available for my family of 5 yesterday (the MB +) for our upcoming WDW trip. I was getting anxious. Can I cancel an order within 24 hours?

If you don't charge the MB +, does it lose all functionality-or just the special features?
I don’t know if you can cancel - sorry.

But I do know that if you don’t charge the MB+, it will still work for tap functions but not for the special features or for linking ride photos.

Pin Traders in Disney Springs in the past has had a wide range of MBs from solid colors to special editions when resort and park gift shops had only a limited selection.

That said, we were last there in fall 2021, so I'm not at all certain they're still as good a source.

But I do know that if you don’t charge the MB+, it will still work for tap functions but not for the special features or for linking ride photos.
Not 100% but I thought I saw somewhere it would work the same as MB2 if it wasn't charged so you would be able to link ride photos just not do the interactive stuff like fireworks, 50th statues and the Galaxy Edge game.

Not 100% but I thought I saw somewhere it would work the same as MB2 if it wasn't charged so you would be able to link ride photos just not do the interactive stuff like fireworks, 50th statues and the Galaxy Edge game.
Is it possible you’re confusing charging with linking? The MB+ has to be charged both to link long distance ride photos to an MDE account as well as for the other special features to work, including playing games that require linking to the Play Disney app (different from linking photos to MDE). If it is not charged, it will work like a MB2 for tapping but not for anything long distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter