Basket size on ECVs?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Can anyone comment on the relative size of the baskets on the front of ECVs with different ECV companies? For a couple of visits, I rented from Walker, but when I switched to Buena Vista Scooters, I was disappointed that the basket seemed noticeably smaller. I know-I'm trying to think of all the reasons to go with different companies and basket size DOES matter!

Can anyone comment on the relative size of the baskets on the front of ECVs with different ECV companies? For a couple of visits, I rented from Walker, but when I switched to Buena Vista Scooters, I was disappointed that the basket seemed noticeably smaller. I know-I'm trying to think of all the reasons to go with different companies and basket size DOES matter!
I’ve Used both Walker and Buena Vista and been happy with both. Ike you, I really prefer/need the throttle control of the BV Scooter. I didn’t really notice the smaller basket in October.

Walker mobility is the largest in the basket department (in my opinion). Some vendors have rental baskets that can be added to the back of the seat. I would be concerned that a rear basket would upset the scooter’s balance on inclines.

Walker mobility is the largest in the basket department (in my opinion). Some vendors have rental baskets that can be added to the back of the seat. I would be concerned that a rear basket would upset the scooter’s balance on inclines.

I don't think it would upset the balance of the scooter - unless you found a way to overload the basket by a HUGE amount! :) Most scooters + the driver weigh more than enough to offset any load in a rear basket.

However, some rear baskets do have the potential to stick out far enough that I would be concerned it wouldn't fit within the dimensions required by WDW to use the internal bus system...

I have two scooters, both made by Golden, both have the same model number. One is 5 years old and has a fairly good size front basket. The new one has a basket that is half the size of the first one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter