BB Fantasmic ?s - cushions, and post-show exit

mcm574

Mouseketeer
My family has booked the Blue Bayou Fantasmic! package for lunchtime on Sunday, 3/17. Two totally random issues I can't find answers about:
  • What should we do with the cushions between lunchtime and showtime? Are they thin enough to fit into a backpack (we'll have four of them)? Are there lockers nearby where we could store them? Are there other solutions I'm not thinking of?
  • Though it saddens me, I think we'll be better served trying to leave right after F!, rather than watching the fireworks (5yo will be worn out enough as it is!). My concern, though, is will anyone else be leaving? - will it be like swimming upstream trying to get out of the viewing area? Does anyone have any good departure strategies?
TIA!

1) The cushions aren't massive but four of them together will take up quite a bit of space. I'm not sure what the storage options are at DLR but I would definitely look into finding somewhere. I had to leave ours (2) behind at the hotel because I couldn't get them to fit in my suitcase when we were leaving. Although I doubt they'll go for it, maybe BB will let you come back closer to showtime to get the cushions?

2) It was a little bit like swimming upstream to get out, but I don't remember it being terrible.

We rented a large locker on Main Street for our cushions and jackets. Just retrieved our stuff prior to getting in line for the show.

We stayed for the fireworks, but, I noticed that they had people leaving as well. I think it was easy to leave and because we attended the 1st showing they had a 1 way in (Frontierland) 1 way out situation (Adventureland) and traffic moved very easily.

1. We carried ours in backpack no problem.
Yes you keep them. They are very nice. We’ve done it twice and got different cushion designs each time. I want to frame them or display them somehow. They are that nice.

2. The fireworks are almost immediately after and they do make an announcement asking you to stay. I would highly recommend staying. We really enjoyed fireworks from our spot. I’d think it a bit awkward to get up and leave.

1. We carried ours in backpack no problem.
Yes you keep them. They are very nice. We’ve done it twice and got different cushion designs each time. I want to frame them or display them somehow. They are that nice.

2. The fireworks are almost immediately after and they do make an announcement asking you to stay. I would highly recommend staying. We really enjoyed fireworks from our spot. I’d think it a bit awkward to get up and leave.

I agree with the above poster. Even though it will be late, it is really easy to stay where you are to watch the fireworks. They start only 5 - 10 mins after the end of Fantasmic. If your little one is asleep, you can stay seated with them a few minutes, but you do have to stand up to watch the fireworks. And I would say 2/3 of the people leave after Fantasmic, so its a not crowded at all to stay and watch the fireworks. Very roomy and comfortable. A good thought to at least play it by ear.

If you need a bag to carry your BB cushions, just ask at any shop. CMs will gladly give you a large, clear plastic bag. The plastic is sturdy and the bag large enough to fit at least two cushions, if not more. You could get two bags if you wanted to make sure the cushions fit loosely.
The lockers are on Main Street, by Market House/Starbucks, at the end of the alley. Easy to get to, but don't wait until Main Street is packed with people waiting for fireworks.
Try to stay for fireworks/MMM (some nights don't have fireworks, only projections) if you can. You paid for a reserved viewing spot, so you might as well get full use out of it! If the crowds look too dense when it's time to leave, hang out on a bench or planter wall for a few minutes until most of the crowds pass by. You can use this time to take a restroom break at HB -- heading away from the crowds and hardly ever busy. By the time you finish, the crowds will have gone from the F! area and you can easily work your way out of NOS.

The lockers are on Main Street and the line up for the reserved seats is in front of the Haunted Mansion. We found that once the sun goes down, we get cold - and definitely wanted our jackets for Fantasmic. We had lunch and then had a hotel break bringing back our cushions and jackets to our locker. We went on a couple of rides, got some snacks and hit the locker. Just don't wait too long because Main Street gets crowded. We have found that we can enter the Photo Shop and walk through the stores to the lockers.

If you need a bag to carry your BB cushions, just ask at any shop. CMs will gladly give you a large, clear plastic bag.

I thought Disney was moving to only providing the reusable bags, is that not correct? - would be good to know, either way! Thanks!

I thought Disney was moving to only providing the reusable bags, is that not correct? - would be good to know, either way! Thanks!
DLR does have reusable bags for sale, but they still provide the clear bags upon guest request. We received clear bags two weeks ago without any problems.

Ours came all bagged up already, as well, but this was in June, so it may have changed. My friend carried two and I carried two. It wasn't much of a problem.

Is it ok to re-use the cushions in a different section? I've seen a few reports of folks saying the cushions were too bulky to take home, and I'm wondering if it is worthwhile for me to try to snag a few gently used ones specifically to watch F!. We'll be sporting 2 double strollers, so I think we will have room for a few cushions. Otherwise, I plan on doing a nice picnic blanket or something like that.

Is it ok to re-use the cushions in a different section? I've seen a few reports of folks saying the cushions were too bulky to take home, and I'm wondering if it is worthwhile for me to try to snag a few gently used ones specifically to watch F!. We'll be sporting 2 double strollers, so I think we will have room for a few cushions. Otherwise, I plan on doing a nice picnic blanket or something like that.

I brought mine home to use the next time I go so that I can do a cheaper package - I can't imagine why they would care if you use them in another section. And I'm surprised at the comments about them being too bulky to take home - I don't think they're more than an inch thick, although I could see it being an issue if you're trying to pack several in one suitcase or you only have carry-ons.

Ours came in a plastic bag (there were 4 of us). They are a bit big for a backpack. We went last summer and they handed them out at the restaurant, but I recall reading that they started handing them out at the show instead, which makes a lot more sense, as it's a nuisance to carry them around all day. Maybe someone who has done it more recently can chime in.

We stayed at Grand Californian so we dropped them off at the hotel and grabbed them again just prior to the show. That might be an option if you are staying somewhere close to the park.

Edit: They measure 14" x 14" x 1"

Well if anyone has some they aren't going to re-use, I'll take 10 :rolleyes1

The cushions look very similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/PORTAL-3-pac...&qid=1549446935&sr=8-3&keywords=foam+seat+pad. Of course, BB's are much cuter, are slightly bigger, and have a Mickey/Disney design. The BB's design has changed several times since they started offering the package. You could probably find cushions like this at the dollar store or gardening/home store (foam kneeling pads would work, too) and decorate them yourself with Disney stencils or stickers. Or you might try cruising your closest Disney outlet. We once found cushions like this with Sorcerer Mickey at ShopDisney.com (Disneystore.com back then) on clearance. I don't know if anything like this is still available at the stores or online. You might try looking on eBay for used cushions, too.

This is all helpful - seems like I might just have to wait and see what happens on the day (get the cushions at lunch, or later? in a bag, or not?) - but it's good to know approximate size, and the locker situation, so I'm ready for anything. Thanks to all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter