• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC/BCV layout questions

chris4disney

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at BCV this October for the first time. We've never walked around the Villas, and as for the BC... we've only eaten at CMC for breakfast. So I'm unfamilar with the layout of these resorts. On Allearsnet on the BCV's page it shows pictures of a "Breezeway, Solarium and Drawing Room". Are these located in the actual Villas building or the BC building? What is actually at the BCV's building besides rooms, the quiet pool and laundry room? When staying there, do you find yourself walking over to the BC resort often for "this and that" (not counting swimming at SAB)? Or do you stay mostly at BCV?

The Breezeway is the room that connects the main lobby of BCV with the pool area. Very nice for sitting and that's where they show guests how to make towels animals. The Drawing Room is adjacent to the front entrance to BCV and has a TV set in the room. Great place to hang out while you are waiting for your room to be available or a place to crash for a while when you are waiting for your towncar or bus to take you to the airport.

The Solarium is located in the BC building and there is a sidewalk that connects the Solarium to the main entrance of the BCV. When you are walking from the main desk at BC to BCV, it will be on your left just before you get to the Marketplace.

The laundry room is on the 4th floor of the BCV for studio guests (there is a laundry room over at the BC for the BC guests).

We'll run over to the store and the Marketplace, plus Hurricane Hannah's or Cape May (for breakfast), as well as the facilities over between the BC and YC like the arcade, health club/workout facility, Beaches and Cream, Perriwigs (beauty/barber shop). Heck,with the car, we'll run over to the Publix or mall.

We will be staying at BCV this October for the first time. We've never walked around the Villas, and as for the BC... we've only eaten at CMC for breakfast. So I'm unfamilar with the layout of these resorts. On Allearsnet on the BCV's page it shows pictures of a "Breezeway, Solarium and Drawing Room". Are these located in the actual Villas building or the BC building? What is actually at the BCV's building besides rooms, the quiet pool and laundry room? When staying there, do you find yourself walking over to the BC resort often for "this and that" (not counting swimming at SAB)? Or do you stay mostly at BCV?

There is a short outdoor walkway from the actual BC to the BCV...the door is exactly opposite the entrance to the Beach Club Marketplace, first you walk out the door then there are picnic tables, then you follow the short path around to the Villas (you can actually see the Ariel statue from the door as you exit). You do have to go outside to get from the main BC lobby to the BCV...it's a very short, pretty walk no matter which exit you take. The Breezeway is the only one of the three areas that is actually located in the BCV building. It's actually very nice! The walk over to the BC is a hop, skip, and jump, so yes I do find myself walking over to the main building often, to refill my refillable mug, but as I said it's not a long walk at all.....it's a lot closer than the VWL to WL walk. SAB is the big draw, and also all the restaurants are housed in the BC or YC. Wait til you get there and see how easy it is to walk to EPCOT...through the International Gateway....October is Food & Wine Festival! You are going to love it there!

The Drawing Room is also located in the BCV Lobby area, just to the right as you enter from the main entrance ( the one at Ariel's statue ). If it raining you can take the covered walkway from BCV to the BC or the BC Marketplace, it's a very short walk. You could literally walk all the way from the villas to the bus stop or the YC without getting wet or a sunburn. Apart from the Breezeway and Drawing Room the Villas are just guest rooms.
The best part for me is the short walk to EPCOT and the Boardwalk, but use the walkway that goes behind the BC it a lot shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter