• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC or YC?

BC is our favorite resort so I would lean towards it. I just prefer the atmosphere and the decor. However YC is very nice and the new rooms are beautiful. DD really doesn't want to stay there though so I'd probably only pick it for an adults only trip.

It depends what you like - I have done both YC and BC and prefer YC.

BC is a lot brighter and airy while YC is a little bit more of a cozier feel with dim lighting. However, YC was our most favorite resort until Room Renovations. While the new wood floors are gorgeous it takes away sooo much from the coziness feel and it's such a pain when you come with wet swimsuits etc. The rooms also lack the magic of Disney and theming which they held before. I sooo hate the new rooms at YC but it at least has made me venture out and try new resorts.

We were booked at BC for Feb 2018, but were able to save a substantial amount with a email code if we switched to YC (with very limited availability at BC). Now there is a pool/lagoon view available so we could switch back to BC for a little less than $200 more. I was having trouble deciding if it was worth it, but I'm thinking I'll just sit tight at YC. It's just the hubs and I, and my biggest priority was an EPCOT resort.

We were booked at BC for Feb 2018, but were able to save a substantial amount with a email code if we switched to YC (with very limited availability at BC). Now there is a pool/lagoon view available so we could switch back to BC for a little less than $200 more. I was having trouble deciding if it was worth it, but I'm thinking I'll just sit tight at YC. It's just the hubs and I, and my biggest priority was an EPCOT resort.
YC rooms are so much prettier than the BC rooms now I'd pick YC even if it cost more. I booked YC with the Visa promo for Jan stay and it was 35% off where BC is only 25%. Makes no sense to me either.

BC because I wouldn’t stay YC because of their new dog policy.

We’ve stayed both and actually prefer the YC side better. It’s more tranquil, although some say stuffy. I found the access to the pool better. Pre-renos, YC decor hands down. We just stayed BC this year and I quite liked the look/feel and like what I see from pictures of YC too.

All rooms at YC do not have balconies. True BC has full and Juliet style, while most of YC has full. We’ve stayed YC and had NO balcony which was quite the surprise since I read here that all YC rooms have full balconies, and they don’t. Most do for sure, just not all.

Thanks @AngiTN ...good to know! It is our first deluxe stay, first adult-only, and my first runDisney. I am really excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter