BCV Dedicated 2 BR Villa ?

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
Today is my 11 month window for our 2012 F & W festival trip. Next year we will be taking DS & DDIL with us I booked a Dedicated 2 BR Villa today :banana:
The CM on the phone told me that dedicated was guaranteed, but it does not show that way on DVC Member.com.
Is dedicated a guaranteed category or just a request?
TIA

It's a booking category. I'm looking at my bookings online. I don't have any 2BR at BCV, but I do have one at BLT. It reads "Dedicated 2BR Lake View" on the web site.

Did you ask for the email or confirmation by mail? It should show it on there.

Thanks for the quick reply Dave,
My Email does not say "Dedicated" it just says 2 Bedroom Villa.
Should I call back or trust the CM on the phone.
Dedicated is not a deal breaker, but I do really want it.
Thanks all

I just booked one today too! It says:

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Accommodation
2BR/2 Queenbeds in 2nd BR

Only the dedicated have 2 Queens in the second bedroom.

Once I had dedicated WITHOUT the 2 Queens and this is what it said:

Accommodation
2BR/1Qn&1Sofabed in 2ndBR

I have not had a 2 bedroom lock off at BCV, so I don't know what it would say in that case. Do you have either phrase?

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. I have not gotten the e-mail confirmation. The above is what is listed on the member site.

Thanks Bobbi,
I did just call and I talked to a great CM. She checked and reassured me that the Dedicated is a booking category and we show that we have the Dedicated 2 BR. I did not want the 2 Queen beds, and certainly don't want to take it from someone who does, so I show on DVC Member.com:

Accommodation

The CM on the phone told me that the reservation would show a "L/O" if it was a Lock Off. I have never had a 2 BR Lock Off, so I have never seen that.

It sounds like we will be there for F & W at the same time next year. Even though we are just back, I can barely wait!
Thanks Again

Has anyone stayed her recently? We are going to be there in January and have never stayed there before!

Even though some will disagree as this is has come up in other threads, I have been told many times by booking agents that when you ask to book a two bedroom villa, if you are booking where they are available, you will be given dedicated by default.

Even though some will disagree as this is has come up in other threads, I have been told many times by booking agents that when you ask to book a two bedroom villa, if you are booking where they are available, you will be given dedicated by default.

Hi Sammie,
What do you mean by "booking where they are available". I don't understand your thought - Sorry.
2 years ago we booked a 2 bedroom with no request for either type and we were given a Dedicated. It is my only experience with a 2 BR. This year we have decided we would like it and that is what I booked.
Thanks

What is the difference in a dedicated and a L/O? Are some better than others? Do they all have the locking door between them?

What is the difference in a dedicated and a L/O? Are some better than others? Do they all have the locking door between them?

A lock off is a one bedroom villa connected to a studio. There is an internal door that connects the two. There will be two outside doors.

A dedicated only has one entrance. The bed make up is different between dedicated and lock off.

Hi Sammie,
What do you mean by "booking where they are available". I don't understand your thought - Sorry.
2 years ago we booked a 2 bedroom with no request for either type and we were given a Dedicated. It is my only experience with a 2 BR. This year we have decided we would like it and that is what I booked.
Thanks

For example there are no dedicated two bedroom villas at BWV.

Also when you call and ask for a two bedroom the dedicated ones might all be booked and you would get a lock off.

However if when you call there are dedicateds available and you make no request for one or the other, you get the dedicated one by default.

That leaves more one bedroom and studios open.

Thanks so much for your fast reply!!
edited to add: I just called and booked a dedicated 2 bedroom for June at my 7 month mark! It is listed like this on my DVC page:

Accommodation

I verified it is indeed a dedicated and she said yes. I'm so excited!!!

Thanks so much for your fast reply!!
edited to add: I just called and booked a dedicated 2 bedroom for June at my 7 month mark! It is listed like this on my DVC page:

Accommodation

I verified it is indeed a dedicated and she said yes. I'm so excited!!!

I'm pretty sure the 1 queen and sofa bed is a L/O which is a 1 bedroom and a studio together...so if you want a dedicated then the DVC page is not listed right...:confused3

I'm pretty sure the 1 queen and sofa bed is a L/O which is a 1 bedroom and a studio together...so if you want a dedicated then the DVC page is not listed right...:confused3

That's why I'm confused. I had a studio at BCV and it had 1 QN and one sofa bed. A dedicated 2 BR are 2 bedrooms connected to a living room. Otherwise, it is a one bedroom connected to a living room which, in turn, is connected to a studio.

Beach Club is different from the other resorts, it has 3/ two bedroom options.

1. Two bedroom dedicated with two queen beds in 2nd bedroom.

2. Two bedroom dedicated with one queen and one sofa bed in 2nd bedroom.

3. Lock off two bedroom ( which combines a one bedroom unit with a studio.)

LadyV got option 2.

I just booked a dedicated 2 bedroom and on the member site it says

Dedicated 2 bedroom queen/sofa 2nd bedroom or something similarly worded like that.

She put me on a waitlist for the dedicated with 2 queens.

Which is better? Should I cancel the waitlist and keep the sofa???

I just booked a dedicated 2 bedroom and on the member site it says

Dedicated 2 bedroom queen/sofa 2nd bedroom or something similarly worded like that.

She put me on a waitlist for the dedicated with 2 queens.

Which is better? Should I cancel the waitlist and keep the sofa???

Neither is better, other than two beds versus one bed, one sofa sleeper. It is personal choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter