BCV Studio rehab- a hot mess!

Vero Beach closed an entire floor of the Inn building at a time for renovations. Even though the fourth floor was mostly completed when we were there, they still closed the entire floor while they made sure that all the work was done. I know there was noise for a while and that's understandable. But no one was allowed on that floor and they didn't try to stick guests in the rooms adjacent to construction.

That's how you refurb a hotel.

The odd thing is that afaik all the other DVC refurbs have been done the same way as VB. An entire floor closed off. And from all reports BCV started off the same way. It sounds a bit like someone forgot to block enough rooms for the entire length of the refurb, or it is taking longer than they expected. It's surprising, IMO, even for DVC to have construction workers and construction material out in plain view of other guest rooms.

Does anyone know if BCV is making their studios sleep 5 and if so, when is completion set for?

Thanks

Yes, it is. I think the completion date was sometime in Oct but am not positive. At the other resorts that have had it added you could not add a 5th person until the refurb was 100% completed.

I am headed to BCV on Sunday...just got off the phone w/MS requesting a NON-refurbished room (I am soooooooooo sad that we're losing ceiling fans--I'd rather have shabby and in need of refurbishment w/a ceiling fan than a "new" room w/out one)...they are still available (or at least MS said there would be no problem at all putting in my request)...so I guess it'll still be a while before the refurb is finished. And, last week I went to add my DD and her family (there are 4 of them all told) to my reservation (they're staying at the Boardwalk) so we could swim together at BCV...they would only allow me to add 3 of them (not a big deal; it's unlikely that both DD and DSIL would want to swim at the same time all the time anyway--and if they do, I'm happy to wait for them outside the pool area)...so it's true you can't have five in a BCV studio just yet...

I am headed to BCV on Sunday...just got off the phone w/MS requesting a NON-refurbished room (I am soooooooooo sad that we're losing ceiling fans--I'd rather have shabby and in need of refurbishment w/a ceiling fan than a "new" room w/out one)...they are still available (or at least MS said there would be no problem at all putting in my request)...so I guess it'll still be a while before the refurb is finished. And, last week I went to add my DD and her family (there are 4 of them all told) to my reservation (they're staying at the Boardwalk) so we could swim together at BCV...they would only allow me to add 3 of them (not a big deal; it's unlikely that both DD and DSIL would want to swim at the same time all the time anyway--and if they do, I'm happy to wait for them outside the pool area)...so it's true you can't have five in a BCV studio just yet...
Here now and work is still going on but close to wrapping up. Any rooms not refurbed are "out of service" and not available to guests. At least that's what CM's here have told us. Room is so nice and cold we don't miss fan and we really thought we would.

I'll reservve my final opinion until our next visit but I do not like what I see from the pictures. The closet, lack of drawers space, removal of whirlpool tub and ceiling fans really annoys me. The whole Murphy bed and combined table thing is not practical. If I kid is sleeping, you can't use the table. We always Have something on the table. I don't want to have to put it away. The furniture does not look beachy and the room really does look like a typical hotel room and not a place I would call home. The wall color is the only thing I like. I wish they would have replaced the sofa beds with queens although there may not have been enough space. Again, I'll withhold final judgment till I get down there but I sure don't like what I see from the photos. Very generic and quality downgrade.

I'll reservve my final opinion until our next visit but I do not like what I see from the pictures. The closet, lack of drawers space, removal of whirlpool tub and ceiling fans really annoys me. The whole Murphy bed and combined table thing is not practical. If I kid is sleeping, you can't use the table. We always Have something on the table. I don't want to have to put it away. The furniture does not look beachy and the room really does look like a typical hotel room and not a place I would call home. The wall color is the only thing I like. I wish they would have replaced the sofa beds with queens although there may not have been enough space. Again, I'll withhold final judgment till I get down there but I sure don't like what I see from the photos. Very generic and quality downgrade.
Yep, studios aren't big enough for a queen sized sleeper sofa.

Does anyone know if they replaced the mattresses in the studios? The last time I stayed there a few years ago, the mattress was so hard that my hips hurt when I woke up in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter