Be careful when buying Park Hopper passes at DVC Resorts front desk...

HeatherPage

<font color=darkcoral>Proud mommy, wife and WDW fa
I gave a couple a friends of mine a few days at BW for a wedding gift. I told them to buy the parkhopper passes in case they didn't use a day they could reuse it since unused days don't ever expire. I just talked to them yesterday and they told me they bought the 6 day hopper at the BW front desk and the guy at the desk told them unused days didn't expire...they had one day left on each pass that they didn't use, but someone at the turnstiles at the park said the pass expired in December. Someone on the theme park board suggested that they might have accidently gotten one of the DVC member passes (you know the ones where you can get 4 for five years and they expire at the end of each year). Anywho, just be careful if you definitely want hopper passes with no expiration on the unused dates and make sure they are double checked on.
Thanks!

The only DVC member passes that are different from others are 5 day hoppers that provide 5 days per year for four years and expire after 5 years. Thus, it is not possible they got any special DVC member pass. I believe the turnstile person was just wrong as there is no pass currently being sold that would expire in December (occassionally they have special hoppers that expire at end of year but those are special promotions applicable to Florida resident passes).

"The only DVC member passes that are different from others are 5 day hoppers that provide 5 days per year for four years and expire after 5 years. "

HUH? Can you clue me in? I have no idea what you are talking about- what am I missing!?

Thanks
SK

DVC members can buy a special 5-day/5-year hopper pass. What it gives is 5 days of entries to the parks in any one year. You get to use it for four years within the next five. In other words you get a total of 20 entries, 5 each year for four years, but the pass expires 5 years after purchase. There was previous discussion of this pass on these boards. Generally I believe everyone thought it was not a good deal. Though price was less than buying a 5-day hopper four years in a row, you have to pay for the pass up front (about $750 when it first came out in 2000), it expires, and most DVC members either do not want, or do not want to commit themselves, to getting only 5 days of use for four years. I remember a poll taken which indicated that no one on these boards has yet to buy this pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter