Be Honest - Why Did You Purchase Your AP

Why Did You Purchase Your AP? - Be Honest

• To Get A Room Discount

• For Unlimited Access To The Parks

• Other - Please Specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
We had AP's last year and I got them because we were planning 2 trips and it was worth it. Turns out I got to go 4 times. :earsboy:

For the amount of time we could use it in the parks as well as the other perks. We planned on using it a total of 15 days in a year period with our first AP so it was beneficial for us to have.

I originally got it for the discount, but now it turns out that I will be going down a total of three times this year so it totally paid for itself!!

I said other - because it was really both.

It would have made $$ sense on face value for us to have just bought MYW tickets for our 7-day stay in April. However, after crunching the numbers, I saw that we would save some money on our rooms (and the other softer discounts, like DDE, tour discounts, World of Disney, etc.) and come out just slightly ahead if we both bought AP's. Plus, we didn't have to stress about "should we use up a full day if it's only going to be a half day in the parks", etc.

Plus, by taking the leap and buying AP's, we now have a great incentive to see the parks at Christmas, which we have never done, and can also take another trip in the spring before they expire. I still consider my purchase a "win", but I don't know if I would have necessarily leapt to that conclusion without the other included discounts.

When we went for two weeks last June we wanted the flexibility of an A/P. We stayed off-site and my husband and two teens dislike having everything planned for them, so an A/P allowed us to do spontaneous things like go to Epcot after a pool day just for take-out from China and Illuminations. My sons are Star Wars fans and we were able to hang out at MGM an entire SW weekend. We love MK at night and we could have a Buzz Lightyear tournament one evening and go back the next evening just to ride the mountains. Our family is rushed most of the year, so we love the relaxed pace A/Ps allow us to visit the parks. :goodvibes

Unexpected benefits of the A/P - being able to return for another two weeks this May and getting a great A/P rate at the Swan! :cool1:

I'm a DVC member. I usually take trips of about two weeks. I like to come and go from the parks as I please and with the DVC discount, the AP is a deal and a half. In the past I would stagger my trips so I would have them just less than a year apart and get two trips on one AP.

I bought it because it was the only way I could afford to stay on site for 10 days. I wasn't even planning on being in the parks all those days but I ended going back every day - spending lots of extra money in the parks. And I ended up going back twice more that same year! With the room discount I was still staying on Disney property even when I visited Universal and SeaWorld.

mine has now lapsed but we will likely be getting them again. We took 4 trips last year so the admission average for us with all the trip was something like $12.15/day for the adults and just under $10 for the kids. Can't beat that! :rotfl:

The room discounts were a nice added bonus but for us it was the admission.

I said other because it wasn't just one reason. For one, we wanted unlimited usage because we want to make 2 trips this year, and the other was for discounts (room and dining card). I don't think we'll be renewing though. I don't like the non-refundable deposit thing. What if I have to cancel my trip?

I bought mine for the theme park admission. I got my pass last September and with my upcoming trip I will have had 24 days on the pass by the time I have to re-new it. Having said that it is nice to be able to plan a trip about 3 months out and get a discount rate on one of Disney's resort hotels. I will probably still make a few trips down to WDW in 2006, but depending on what happens with the new program I may look at offsite resorts and/or AAA rates.

Nik's Mom said:
I said other because it wasn't just one reason. For one, we wanted unlimited usage because we want to make 2 trips this year, and the other was for discounts (room and dining card). I don't think we'll be renewing though. I don't like the non-refundable deposit thing. What if I have to cancel my trip?

Ditto! I was taking my two sons, D-I-L, and GD down this year and had to do it in two different trips (because my D-I-L was pregnant with their first child and was unable to go in January). I also wanted the discounts and DDE card. Once I got the AP I decided to add two solo trips for myself. I am prettty sure I won't be renewing it though. I got a 7 day MYW ticket with plus options for our Sept trip (so we could get the free dining). By using my AP once we get down there, I'll have my 7 day ticket to use next year if I want to take another solo trip. I don't like the non-refundable deposit thing either, so won't book using the AP site. For that matter, since I activated my AP in January I've only beeen able to get into the passholder's site a hand full of times and have yet to get a newsletter. Nine times out of ten it won't even let me in.

we bought them for the parks since we are fla residents and can usually go a few times a year.

We got them because it was the most cost effective option for our length of stay. And once we had them, we planned for returns before their expiration.

This was the 1st yr we were visiting the parks for a long enough stay to justify the AP. Thought it would be helpful in getting some nicer room discounts. If I don't, it was still worth it for park days...but in our case, room disc was the draw.

We started buying APs for admission as soon as we started going to WDW more than once a year.

The AP room rates have been a very welcome perk but it's not why we buy APs.

Just for the parks. Even if we come the night before our DVC stays, we're more likely to stay off site in a place that provides breakfast because we often will travel to the airport to pick up the rest of our traveling companions in the morning. We don't have flights that can get us to Orlando that early in the morning like they do from the Philly or Newark.

Bobbi :flower:

:cool1:

We got our APs for both reasons, but will not renew them without room discounts. We go to WDW 3 to 4 times per year, so we got the APs because of the 20 to 30 days a year we spend at WDW (park admission). We only go to WDW 3 to 4 times a year because of the AP discounted room rates. Without the AP discounts we will go to Disney maybe once a year and won't need APs. One attraction for our trips to WDW is our stay at the WL. As much as I like the WL, the rack rates for rooms at the WL is way too much in my opinion. Ther are other places to vacation.

Chose other--it's really both plus we purchased our AP for --ALL-- the discounts.

Can't/wouldn't even consider spending 30+ days per year at Disney without some type of discount. We're a family of 5, so we rely on it, otherwise its just way to expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter