• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest Pre-Park Opening

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
So we have 8:25 reservations at Be Our Guest in early November, park opens at 9. We've never had breakfast at Be Our Guest but my understanding is that they'll let us in for breakfast earlier than our reservation time, so we plan on arriving around 8 or so. Once we are done, what is the earliest they'll let us go over to 7DMT to ride? I'd like to ride more than once if possible. Thanks for any additional tips!

So we have 8:25 reservations at Be Our Guest in early November, park opens at 9. We've never had breakfast at Be Our Guest but my understanding is that they'll let us in for breakfast earlier than our reservation time, so we plan on arriving around 8 or so. Once we are done, what is the earliest they'll let us go over to 7DMT to ride? I'd like to ride more than once if possible. Thanks for any additional tips!

As soon as you're finished with breakfast, you can go and find where they are holding those already inside the park. Sorry, I don't know exactly where that it is, but I don't think you'll have any problem finding it and it is probably near the line opening of 7DMT. They sometimes open the ride a few minutes before 9:00, but not always.

When you are done, walk toward 7DMT & you'll want to join the line for the ride along the fence outside on the left(before you turn left to get to 7DMT ride). It depends on the day, but usually they have let this group on before the rope drop crowd arrives.

The line starts at the trash can. We have ridden 1-4 times every time we have eaten PPO. The time we only ride once was due to the cast member stationed at the trash can. She spent a lot of time telling people about her recent breakup and missed the signal to bring us in. Someone from in the line area had to come and get us. I get why the guy dumped her.

Note that if your PPO is on the day of an Early Morning Magic, the ride will be running, but you won't be allowed to ride until rope drop. You'll beat that crowd, but they will reserve the ride for exclusive use of the EMM ticketed guests until 9AM.

Slight derail of the thread, but I am hoping that Disney releases the EMM days, soon! We haven't gotten anything past October, and September ends in a week.

As to when you’re let in, everyone with a PPO ADR is let in 7:45ish, regardless of your reservation time. Don’t worry too much about your actual ADR time when it comes to arriving at BOG. You’ll be seated earlier if you want to. Pre-ordering can help speed up the meal so you’re out in plenty of time to get in line for 7DMT.

Another "be on the lookout". Disney adds hours to the operational day a month to weeks before each month. This could move to an 8am opening to your planned 9am "this will be awesome 7DMT and Peter Pan morning" placing your PPO smack dab in the middle of the "golden hour". This happened to us for October so we changed our breakfast plan closer to 10am. This will allow us to take advantage of the lower crowds the first 1-2 hours. Have a back up plan incase the hours expand. A pre-plan can avoid struggling to find something a few days or weeks out. You can cancel the insurance reservation or PPO after the hours stabilize.

If your PPO works out it can be a great morning and the advice above is spot on. We were able to ride 7DMT twice a couple of years ago using this strategy and that was before pre-ordering meals.

Mike

EMM is typically Sunday and Tuesday and when EMM is scheduled general open will stay at 9AM.

We just did this last week. It was a Sunday so it was EMM. Our reservation was at 8:50am for 9 of us. We actually had some breakfast in the room before we left. We got to BOG at about 8:30am and just bought a few cups of coffee and went outside at around 8:50 and they were already letting people on the ride. We went straight through and walked on. Line was a bit longer when we got off at about 9:02am. We just went on to other things but had a fast pass for later. I was concerned about the EMM but we were still able to get on early. So it can be done!

We just did this last week. It was a Sunday so it was EMM. Our reservation was at 8:50am for 9 of us. We actually had some breakfast in the room before we left. We got to BOG at about 8:30am and just bought a few cups of coffee and went outside at around 8:50 and they were already letting people on the ride. We went straight through and walked on. Line was a bit longer when we got off at about 9:02am. We just went on to other things but had a fast pass for later. I was concerned about the EMM but we were still able to get on early. So it can be done!

That kind of irritates me, honestly. I participated in EMM in May, and they held the early ADR people until rope drop. I paid (quite a bit of) money for early access to that ride, and wouldn't have been thrilled if they'd let people in who hadn't paid. It wouldn't have ruined my day or anything, but I don't think it's right.

Leave BOG by 8:40, and stand as close to the 7DMT entrance as the CM there will let you. You'll be able to get 1-3 line-free rides in that way. They'll make you wait until the park officially opens to enter, but you'll have the advantage over rope drop guests of already being at the 7DMT entrance. It might be less of an advantage now than it used to be, since guests are allowed into the park before rope drop now (the 3 times we've done this, it was back when they had the morning show at the train platform outside), but you should still have enough of an advantage over rope drop guests to get at least 1 ride in without a wait.

After leaving 7DMT, I recommend going to Peter Pan and waiting in a relatively short standby line there, then walking to Frontierland to do Big Thunder and Splash (in that order) with also relatively short standby lines. Few guests go straight to Frontierland upon arrival at rope drop, so those rides take longer to build lines than the top tier rides in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Last edited:
That kind of irritates me, honestly. I participated in EMM in May, and they held the early ADR people until rope drop. I paid (quite a bit of) money for early access to that ride, and wouldn't have been thrilled if they'd let people in who hadn't paid. It wouldn't have ruined my day or anything, but I don't think it's right.
The ADR people are paying a little over $20 per person for just a light, counter-service breakfast at BOG. I think part of that price premium is likely due to the fact that it's popularly used as a PPO to get on 7DMT. So it's not like they aren't paying anything. They don't get an extra hour of rides, like the EMM crowd does.

They did exactly the same thing when we did EMM again this June. Around 8:45am they started letting BOG people fill in the gaps on the trains because most other EMM people had either moved on to the other rides or had gone to get breakfast at that point. We weren't really happy about it either but there's nothing you can do about it. I suppose it's better than sending half empty trains.

When we did EMM in June 2016, they weren't even letting BOG people across the bridge into Fantasyland until 9am. I don't know why they changed it tbh

The ADR people are paying a little over $20 per person for just a light, counter-service breakfast at BOG. I think part of that price premium is likely due to the fact that it's popularly used as a PPO to get on 7DMT. So it's not like they aren't paying anything. They don't get an extra hour of rides, like the EMM crowd does.

They are ONLY paying for a meal. Nothing else. Sure, some of them elect to pay for an overpriced meal in order to have early ride access. But it's not included with the price of the meal. Conversely, EMM people are actually paying for access to the rides. I realize that the PPO meal people aren't getting an hour of rides, but I maintain the opinion that they should not be allowed to ride while EMM is still going on.

They are ONLY paying for a meal. Nothing else. Sure, some of them elect to pay for an overpriced meal in order to have early ride access. But it's not included with the price of the meal. Conversely, EMM people are actually paying for access to the rides. I realize that the PPO meal people aren't getting an hour of rides, but I maintain the opinion that they should not be allowed to ride while EMM is still going on.
You don't really know why Disney prices BOG breakfast the way they do. The 7DMT advantage very possibly could be factored into it. Anyway, you should just chill about it as it doesn't hurt anyyhing.

You don't really know why Disney prices BOG breakfast the way they do. The 7DMT advantage very possibly could be factored into it. Anyway, you should just chill about it as it doesn't hurt anyyhing.

I already said it wouldn't ruin my day or anything. I just don't think it's right. I'm not sure where you got that I wasn't "chill." And regardless of the reasoning behind pricing, early access to rides is not included with breakfast, and no other PPO breakfasts seem to be upcharged. (For instance, the Norway breakfast price wasn't increased when FEA opened). Thinking that the "cost" of early ride access is built into a meal seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter