Beach club what a dump.

Just curious. Are renovations in the wings? Several friends told us how uncomfortable the sofa beds are and IMO sofas and mattresses are an easy fix!

BCV23 said:
How can a room be clean and have a dirty feel? :rotfl2:

My friend who made this comment mentioned that everything was in it's place, and the counters were wiped down but the whole in the wall, and the musty smell turned him off.

His comments were that if you took away the walk to Epcot and SAB, he thought Beach Club would be the worst spot to stay.

I have never stayed there and I have always wanted too, but after my friends trip report, I am in no rush.

I love BCV and its our home resort. That being said, after several trips there including one in mid-October, I will agree that the hallway carpets look worn and stained especially on the first floor. However, on every visit, I have seen someone shampooing the hallway carpets. Any carpet will fade if they are cleaned all the time.

Sofa beds could have a more comfortable mattress but I've never felt the iron bar through it. I suppose a larger and heavier person might. My DD has requested an eggcrate mattress which she said does make it pretty comfortable.

I have always found the queen and king beds to feel comfortable and have always slept well. I just wish they had different mattress pads and fitted sheets so they stayed in place better.

Overall, I love DVC!

Donna

JimFitz said:
A friend of mine just returned from a stay at BCV in Sept. He is an owner at SSR and he thought that BCV was a mess. He said the quite pool was disgusting. He also mentioned that the room had a hole in the wall and it was about the size of a grapefruit. He had to tape something over it. He called maintenance and they said they would fix it when he checked out.

I should say that my friend is not overly picky at all, but he was not impressed and he wrote a letter to DVC with a list of issues.

1. Hole in the wall
2. Worn carpets.
3. Room was clean, but still had that "dirty" feel.
4. Quite pool was filthy and the chairs and umbrellas all had black stains.

I was very interested to stay at BCV, but I will book OKW next time. Don't get me wrong, I will definately stay there at least once to check out that pool.

There should be absolutly no excuse for this what so ever. DVC Members pay big $$ to join and stay at these "luxury" resorts. :confused3 Great Advertising for new members! :rolleyes:

We own at OKW but often stay in studios at BCV. I love BCV. Our room has always been clean, and the beds have always been comfortable. We have never had a problem. Everything cannot stay looking like new for years, but if we want that look, be prepared for your annual dues to go WAY UP. I think a shabby room is the exception rather than the rule, but I do agree that they should address a room that has gotten shabby as it gets that way, and not judge by "when it is scheduled".

I dont know what resort these people that complain are staying at. I have been there ten times and everytime was excellent. I like the negative posts as it will keep others away so we can get reservations.

disneynutt1225 said:
You're right...the bcv are a terrible, horrible place to stay and I don't recommend that anyone stay there....EVER again.... ;)
I'll make the supreme sacrifice-I'll stay at that horrible place from now on so no one else has to. Except what I don't understand is if it's so horrible, how come I had to stay at BWV in August because my waitlist for BCV never came thru?
Although I do agree that the sofa beds are horrible-I slept on one, and in addition to the car in my back, it was too short for someone of my great height (5'4") so I slept at an angle. But for me, I'll gladly even sleep on the sofa bed if I can walk on the beach, eat gelato at the markeplace, sit at SAB, eat at B&C, etc.

We just spent 7 nights in room 210 (a 1 BR), and at one point we had to call because some of the carpet tack strip was exposed and it tore a hole in my Dh's sock. Luckily it was not his foot. It was taken care of very quickly.

We also noticed some broken tiles in the bathroom, worn through spots on the floor (not just the pattern but through to the pad), and the bed was very uncomfortable. Didn't affect our sleep much though, we were so exhausted every night.

The room was very clean when we got there and we enjoyed our visit very much.

donmil723 said:
I love BCV and its our home resort. That being said, after several trips there including one in mid-October, I will agree that the hallway carpets look worn and stained especially on the first floor. However, on every visit, I have seen someone shampooing the hallway carpets. Any carpet will fade if they are cleaned all the time.

I wonder if the fading is from pool water dripped on the carpet? The chlorine would definitely fade a carpet before its time.

MAYBE there should be spot inspections conducted once a quarter with owners of a facility and WDW DVC Management. An owner should be able to sign up and attend (maybe limited size). If it turns out the scheduled date is one you would be at WDW you may want to sign up. A rating of 1 to 10 given in major categories. The result of the inspection and critique should be published and posted on a web site. Keeping in mind resulting action plans could result in dues increasing, at least information could be gathered and conclusions drawn and compared to other DVC resorts etc. Obviously SSR should reflect the best conditions now, but over the years-patterns could be established and compared to scheduled maitenance/refurb plans. Also occupancy rates need to be factored in, if BCV is 99% full all year and OKW is 78% (or reveresed), that is a lot more wear and leaves a lot less time for maintenance.

Simba's Mom said:
I'll make the supreme sacrifice-I'll stay at that horrible place from now on so no one else has to. Except what I don't understand is if it's so horrible, how come I had to stay at BWV in August because my waitlist for BCV never came thru?

What I don't understand is why these complaints are invariably met with sly retorts and blind defense of the resort. We're talking about a grapefruit-sized hole in the wall, here!!! I wouldn't expect (or accept) that from a Holiday Inn, much less a Disney resort.

Clearly people are attracted to BCV for the pool, location and perhaps design of the resort. It's too bad that so many receive sub-standard accommodations and service once they arrive.

I encourage ALL of you who have had problems to either call or e-mail management at DVC. If you keep bringing this up and make them aware of it, we may see all the situations being resolved. What management doesn't know won't get the problems fixed!

:moped:

Yep, BCV is a dump, and those of you with ressies there during Presidents' Day week, should cancel them, esp if you are in the 2BR we are waitlisted for. ;)

When we had a two day stay there a couple of weeks back, the bag was inserted into the trashcan at a funny angle; I detected a fingerprint on the front of the diswasher; the toilet, tho clean, was left in an open position, with the new toilet paper roll missing the characteristic fold at the end; in the hallway, there had clearly been wet people passing by coming from the pool, and I thought the moisture should have been addressed by Mousekeeping - perhaps by following ppl back from the pool; also I think there was a scratch down at the base of the bedframe, but I didn't feel like bending down to examine it closely... the complaints we have go on and on; just terrible lack of upkeep.

Also the checkin took forever: there was noone else waiting there, and the very friendly CMs at the desk encouraged my 5 yr old DD to sing "Part of your World; well with all of their clapping, DD of course embarked on "Colors of the Wind" and, tho DD was pleased at the appreciative audience, it must have taken 15 minutes at check-in. We did get a great room and the staff was wonderful, but all this paying attention to my DD (when nobody else waiting) was terribly inefficient.

Don't even get me started on the pool (confusing layout, way too much fun for a child or adult to have), the location (annoying proximity to two noisy theme parks) and the decor...

So, don't stay there. And once again, if you have a 2BR booked during Presidents' Day week, you should cancel it immediately. :teeth:

edited to add:
In all seriousness, a Grapefruit-size hole in the wall is clearly unacceptible; glad it wasn't in our room. And I did find the housekeeping and concierge staff less accommodating than the levels we are used to at BWV; a colleague who had stayed at the BC proper found the same thing; not sure why. Still and all, we had a great time in a great room.

pumpkinboy said:
Yep, BCV is a dump, and those of you with ressies there during Presidents' Day week, should cancel them, esp if you are in the 2BR we are waitlisted for. ;)

When we had a two day stay there a couple of weeks back, the bag was inserted into the trashcan at a funny angle; I detected a fingerprint on the front of the diswasher; the toilet, tho clean, was left in an open position, with the new toilet paper roll missing the characteristic fold at the end; in the hallway, there had clearly been wet people passing by coming from the pool, and I thought the moisture should have been addressed by Mousekeeping - perhaps by following ppl back from the pool; also I think there was a scratch down at the base of the bedframe, but I didn't feel like bending down to examine it closely... the complaints we have go on and on; just terrible lack of upkeep.

Also the checkin took forever: there was noone else waiting there, and the very friendly CMs at the desk encouraged my 5 yr old DD to sing "Part of your World; well with all of their clapping, DD of course embarked on "Colors of the Wind" and, tho DD was pleased at the appreciative audience, it must have taken 15 minutes at check-in. We did get a great room and the staff was wonderful, but all this paying attention to my DD (when nobody else waiting) was terribly inefficient.

Don't even get me started on the pool (confusing layout, way too much fun for a child or adult to have), the location (annoying proximity to two noisy theme parks) and the decor...

So, don't stay there. And once again, if you have a 2BR booked during Presidents' Day week, you should cancel it immediately. :teeth:

edited to add:
In all seriousness, a Grapefruit-size hole in the wall is clearly unacceptible; glad it wasn't in our room. And I did find the housekeeping and concierge staff less accommodating than the levels we are used to at BWV; a colleague who had stayed at the BC proper found the same thing; not sure why. Still and all, we had a great time in a great room.

:rotfl: Too funny!! Annmarie

tjkraz said:
What I don't understand is why these complaints are invariably met with sly retorts and blind defense of the resort. We're talking about a grapefruit-sized hole in the wall, here!!! I wouldn't expect (or accept) that from a Holiday Inn, much less a Disney resort.

Clearly people are attracted to BCV for the pool, location and perhaps design of the resort. It's too bad that so many receive sub-standard accommodations and service once they arrive.

How does a grapefruit size hole get in a wall unless one of US puts it there? How do the floors get stained so much they need to be shampped so often unless WE spill stuff all over it?

Whenever we check in we look the room over and report any anomalies immediately. Mousekeeping has ALWAYS fixed things promptly. (We have never stayed at Beach Club.)

Thanks for all the feedback. I am glad we are not the only ones who did not like the room at BCV. The rest of our trip was great. I do plan on sending letters to DVC/Disney and the resort it's self. There is no reason for some of these problems. All So as a stockholder maybe I should attend the next share holders meeting and voice my concerns in person. The always take questions and comments from the floor. It would be neat to see what the Disney responce would be while the room is filled with press from all over.

pumpkinboy said:

edited to add:

Sorry you have no life, and plenty of time for stupid little storries that have nothing to do with the thread topic. I guess you are trying to make a joke about what myself and other DVCers found to be serious problems. I thought the most of the other posts were great and were related to my topic.

tjkraz said:

I think the last person who stayed in the room put the hole in the wall. The cleaning staff isn’t looking for this kind of damage, and was obviously overlooked. The only thing you can do is report it. It can easily happen at any resort, even at SSR.

I just returned from the beach club villa's (Oct. 26 - 31). My room was fine (there was one GFI outlet that did not work but maintenance was going to fix it when we left). The hall carpet was a bit worn and there was one spot that was patched, but it was fine. The beds were comfortable enough, I never thought of it as being uncomfortable.

I found the quiet pool to be in good shape. The chairs were clean, the pool deck was clean and the umbrella's were in good shape and replaced during our stay.

Overall I found the BCV to be as it always is. I had a great stay and did not notice the little things. Go and enjoy, you'll love the villa's.

By the way, the Marketplace that they added if very nice and a great addition for breakfast.

These types of threads ALWAYS turn into a bunch of nasty posts. We should all adhere to a few common rules.....if you haven't actually stayed at the resort in question don't chime in because you cannot possibly be versed on what an actual experience there is. If you haven't stayed there in the last three years, ditto. If you can't make constructive comments, or accept criticism then just lurk.

No, having said all that, we haved stayed many time at BCV and have encountered a few annoyances like burnt out bulbs, a scratch on the table, etc. Never encountered a grapefruit sized hole in a wall. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying I have never seen that kind of damage. I have seen messy crap by the pools because some of the lazy, inconsiderate, boorish DVC members make them and don't clean up after themselves.

I can see how less then perfect rooms are left in circulation. How many posts have you all read here of US complaining about having to wait on a room, or there not being any rooms available, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter