Beaches & Cream wait times for lunch?

cortegro

Mouseketeer
Anyone visit Beaches recently?

Wondering if we can grab lunch reasonably quick on our way back to Poly for a swim? I was thinking of taking a bus to BC after touring AK in the morning.

I am assuming we will get to BC about Noon-ish.

In March, we waited quite a while for some burgers by the pool. It was worth it, but we were staying at BC, so time wasn't such a factor.

TIA
-cortegro

It's hard to predict, but generally we've had good luck getting a table for lunch at beaches and cream. I imagine if you do get there around noon, you should have no problem. Sitting at the counter is also a option as these seats are often available when the tables are booked.

Thanks EriKarate! :wave:

Any idea what the travel time will be from AK to Beaches (lunch) and back to Poly?

I hope I don't shoot myself in the foot taking away our midday break time!

-cortegro

If you arrive by noon, you shouldn't have too much of a wait, but as things inch along in the afternoon, you could see waits up to 45 minutes at B&C. The travel trime from AK will probably be around 30 - 45 minutes. The bus from AK stops at the Swan, Dolphin and Yacht Club before stopping at Beach Club, so that's where the increased travel time comes in. Getting back from Beach Club to Poly, you have a few options. The first would be to walk through Epcot and ride the monorai back to TTC and walk to the Poly from there. That probably would take anywhere fom 30 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on waits for the monorail and how fast you walk. If you don't want to do that, you can take the bus back to MK and then monorail it back to the Poly (Or take it to the TTC or Ferry to TTC), but you're still looking at 20 - 30 minutes at least to bus back to MK, and then transport time from there to the Poly. Plan on 45 minutes for both ways, and if you're early o.k., if not, that's not a bad estimate, with different modes of transportation calculated in.

well once you're at the BC, there are no direct buses to the POLY...the best bet would probably be to get a bus to the MK and then catch a boat or the monorail back to the POLY...

either that or you can walk through Epcot and just catch the monorail back to the TTC and then walk over to the POLY...

Another option is to go on your MGM day. That is what we did, and it is just a short bus ride.

Originally posted by K and K's Mommy
Another option is to go on your MGM day. That is what we did, and it is just a short bus ride.
There is no bus that runs from MGM to Beach Club. You either have to walk or take the boat.

Beaches 'n Cream is a great restaurant, but be prepared to wait. My Mom and Dad went there a couple of weeks ago on a Tuesday afternoon and it was a 2 hour wait. :eek: They ended up getting corn dogs at the Board Walk and pizza from Spoodles pizza window.

Kristaprincess:

Thanks for the great help!

I guess it would make more sense to go to B&C on our MGM day. But, I am still hoping to do it after the AK morning.

So after Lori's timetable (thanks), I think if we got to Beaches around 12:30 had a 1+hr lunch and then transferred back to Poly, we're talking like 3:00pm! IF everything goes smooth.

I may need a family vote on this one. It might cut into too much swim time!

If we go on our MGM day then we would miss out on PrimeTime or Sci-Fi!

Well, the worst thing that happens we end up at Captain Cooks (not a bad last resort) or MY preference of Kona!(at the poly)

-cortegro

Seems like a lot of trouble to me. I like B & C too, but I wouldn't go that far out of my way for it. We were at BCV the second week of June and ate there three times and had waits of up to 45min each time which wasn't a big deal as we were going to be there anyway.

On our arrival day, we were at the podium at 11:45 and the wait was 50 minutes so we passed and ate at MGM.

Originally posted by cortegro

Well, the worst thing that happens we end up at Captain Cooks (not a bad last resort) or MY preference of Kona!(at the poly)

-cortegro

While we were very impresed with the food at B&C, I think I would opt for Kona Cafe over B&C...especially if it were more convenient.
Good luck deciding! :D

On a Disney vacation I feel that time is money.

I would take a cab back to the Poly if you are in a hurry. We use a taxi whenever we feel that we are tired and don't want to fight the crowds or we need to be somewhere quickly. It worked out great!

Lori

The hardest part about Disney internal travel is resort to resort travel. To get back to the Poly, the fastest way is by taxi.
Or like others have suggested, go to MGM or EPCOT and to the Poly from there. OR catch a bus from BC to MK then monorail to the poly. The BC bus may go to the Swan, dolphin and/or BW before heading to the MK.

The taxi to the Poly should be around $15 or so. Well worth it instead of the long route back home.

Have fun and enjoy B&C. It is one of our favorites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter