beaches in Nassau

I'd like to know as well- which one is the nicest, safest, and easiest to get to? I don't want an excursion- just a day on the beach in case our CC day isn't nice.

We were in Nassau this past Feb. on the Wonder. We didn't see any beaches around Nassau, but there's a beautiful one on Paradise Island. We didn't go there because you need to take either a bus or cab. We travel with a handicapped friend & they don't have accessible transportation for wheelchair users. There may be beaches around Nassau that I'm not aware of. Enjoy your cruise. (FYI Castaway Cay is awesome...hope you have great weather!!) Cathie:Pinkbounc

I am not familiar with beaches except for paradise island. It was a nice beach however my family enjoyed Blue Lagoon more than any beach we have been on the past 5 cruises. You do have to take a boat ride to get there but it was great and you get to see housing and private boats on the way there. I think you can do this excursion either thru Disney or book on your own. We enjoyed this diffrent kind ox experience with a 6 y/o, 7 y/o and 11 y/o. The adults had a pretty good time as well. Good luck with your search.

If you want to go to the beach in Nassau, take a cab ride to Cable Beach at the Marriot. It's free to enjoy a day at the beach!

I copied and pasted that for you from a different thread. Hope the poster doesn't mind.

edited to add which thread i got the post from:

We'll still have fun, right? Long post from a first time cruiser ( 1 2 )

Hi Johnathan's Mom! I'm from WNC too! :) We are also thinking about going to Blue Lagoon. But, now I have to check into the above post about Cable Beach...

Would love more info!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hello,

Are there any other beaches on Nassau and Freeport, where you do not have to book an excursion to go to the Beach?

Thank you,

November 2002 we took a cab to a beach at Paradise Island (near Sheraton, I believe). I won't do that again. The water was way too rough to swim. I don't know if it was the season or what it was, but I didn't enjoy being flipped over in the water upside down by the strong waves.

In October 1998 we went to Blue Lagoon Island and enjoyed it very much. Wish we would have went back there instead last year.

Paradise Island & Cable Beach are both awesome. Especially if you like snorkeling. But even just sunning & being in the water, they are both beautiful. I've been there 4 times, and in 3 weeks will be going back during a stop there on my Royal Caribbean Cruise. Have a great time! :)

jerseylicious,
Was it difficult to get to cable beach or (Paradise Island). Which is better for snorkeling? We've done excursions in the past or just walked around town. Wanted to do something on our own this time. ...Be there in 3 weeks also.

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Anyone else know of any good beaches, and you don't have to book an excursion?

We were at an all-inclusive resort on Cable Beach this past August and it was a beautiful beach. Bring snorkel equipment -- the fish are pretty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter