Bean Counters and shortsightedness

I know some people have issues with Genie+ and iLL, yet our trips are much more enjoyable with them. Cheaper too in the broader view.

Just to note about Genie+ in DL... I'm not sure the change had a significant impact for their core visitors. They had a paid line skipping service before this (Maxpass) and it was replaced by G+. As it stands I wouldn't be surprised if fewer DL visitors use it than in WDW.

All right, which one of you is this. LOL

JK, I know everyone on this thread would do a little basic research before dropping cash on a trip like that. All these nonsensical videos do is show their own stupidity!

Mouse trap Angry dad slams 'money-grabbing' Disneyland after spending $1,200 on tickets

https://nypost.com/2023/09/01/tear-...ng-disneyland-after-spending-5000-on-tickets/
I like most that the headline just says Disneyland, but if you read it, he went to Disneyland Paris.

I know some people have issues with Genie+ and iLL, yet our trips are much more enjoyable with them. Cheaper too in the broader view.
there's really no way around getting Genie + and iLL if you really want to have a good time and enjoy your vacation. we've bought it, however, we adjust our budget by taking that money from somewhere else in our Disney Budget.

doesnt cost us more if we do it that way, just means choose a different experience, or go home with less souvenirs.

I'm sure we're in the minority though.

JK, I know everyone on this thread would do a little basic research before dropping cash on a trip like that. All these nonsensical videos do is show their own stupidity!

Mouse trap Angry dad slams 'money-grabbing' Disneyland after spending $1,200 on tickets

https://nypost.com/2023/09/01/tear-...ng-disneyland-after-spending-5000-on-tickets/
The source is a guy complaining on TikTok of all platforms. That's all you really need to know.

My personal favorite is how he complains about something he decided to purchase, and then talks about how insanely busy and popular all the parks are.

The source is a guy complaining on TikTok of all platforms. That's all you really need to know.
Makes sense to me. If you want your gripe to go viral you put it on TikTok--they have more monthly active users than any social media platform except Facebook and YouTube (and possibly Instagram, but I'm pretty sure that they exceed Instagram now), and the algorithm effectively amplifies stories that people find interesting.

there's really no way around getting Genie + and iLL if you really want to have a good time and enjoy your vacation. we've bought it, however, we adjust our budget by taking that money from somewhere else in our Disney Budget.

doesnt cost us more if we do it that way, just means choose a different experience, or go home with less souvenirs.

I'm sure we're in the minority though.
100%... I balance against other things. I dont eat out a lot, and when we do it is quick serivce stuff, but I find it easy to recoup.... make sandwiches for lunch in the park later so we just have to buy snacks to go with it, water bottles that we refill.... eat breakfast in my rooms (bagels etc) this is where being DVC can really help with costs having a full kitchen in the 1 bedrooms and up. I dont want to cook full meals, but just eliminating a single "eat out" meal like breakfast saves enough to more than pay for Genie and ILL

Makes sense to me. If you want your gripe to go viral you put it on TikTok--they have more monthly active users than any social media platform except Facebook and YouTube (and possibly Instagram, but I'm pretty sure that they exceed Instagram now), and the algorithm effectively amplifies stories that people find interesting.
TikTok is the home of a ton of misinformation, probably at the same level or higher than Facebook. It shouldn't be taken seriously in any way.

Even the title of the article is clickbait as people reading would assume they're talking about Disneyland in Anaheim but actually the person in the TikTok is complaining about Paris.

NY Post has been churning out a lot of this content for the last year, dug back and they ran a similar article about the prices in Anaheim (which I think made it to here as well).

Ah yes. Misinformation. Wrongthink. False news. Heresy. Said by every Book Burner since Gutenberg invented moveable type.

"Only I and I alone know the TRUTH!!!," they all exclaim.

My favorite was Pope Leo X, who in 1520 told Martin Luther he DARE NOT print his 95 Theses, otherwise he would be excommunicated. How did that all work out for the Holy Roman Church?

Last edited:
Ah yes. Misinformation. Wrongthink. False news. Heresy. Said by every Book Burner since Gutenberg invented moveable type.

"Only I and I alone know the TRUTH!!!," they all exclaim.

My favorite was Pope Leo X, who in 1520 told Martin Luther he DARE NOT print his 95 Theses, otherwise he would be excommunicated. How did that all work out for the Holy Roman Church?
1693608518919.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter