Bean Counters and shortsightedness

Oh they have the blue sky plans, sounded really cool IMO. Just wondering the hold up, with this new revenue stream that they never had before.

It appears they just dropped Epcot and AK to $79 for locals.

Pretty sure those are not packed to the gills.
I was at Epcot over the weekend. It was not packed at all. It was way less busy than it was this same time last year. It was very weird to walk through World Showcase on a weekend and it not being shoulder to shoulder crowds.

I don't doubt that some folks liked it, but the audience score did fall from like 91-92% all the way to 50%.

Last edited:
different strokes for different folks i guess
Yep, no doubt. I like all kinda stuff that other people don't.

I liked Mando 1-2 a ton as I really felt they embraced George Lucas's original inspirations for making Star Wars what it originally was. For example I love that Mando 1-2 really leaned into to the spaghetti Western as one of Lucas's original inspirations for the Star Wars.

Last edited:
They were until very recently
If the parks are already packed to the gills what would be the point.

:confused3

And here we are.

I'm just saying on a thread about bean counting, it seems ILL (and actually Genie plus) must be one of the hottest topics for WDW and by extension- expansion.

If they instead chose to drop the park entry cost, it must mean they want to attract more guests.

IMO new attractions should be coming online each year because of ILL paying for them.

I could see a sunk cost like old days being over ruled. But not any more.

How many years do they spread out the cost of a new attraction? I honestly have no idea how that works. Maybe $50 to $75 Million per year isn't all that helpful? Seems like it would, but I really do not know.

:confused3

And here we are.

I'm just saying on a thread about bean counting, it seems ILL (and actually Genie plus) must be one of the hottest topics for WDW and by extension- expansion.

If they instead chose to drop the park entry cost, it must mean they want to attract more guests.

IMO new attractions should be coming online each year because of ILL paying for them.

I could see a sunk cost like old days being over ruled. But not any more.

How many years do they spread out the cost of a new attraction? I honestly have no idea how that works. Maybe $50 to $75 Million per year isn't all that helpful? Seems like it would, but I really do not know.
i wouldn't get too bogged down thinking the ILL is paying for another attraction, Disney was always charging for this service, it was just baked into the prices of other things. I would love a new attraction yearly myself as a fan, but it probably isn't feasible from a business standpoint. Especially when you take into account imagineering and making sure the smallest detail is correct

Recently Disney has been dealing with an overcrowding problem, until they weed their way through, i don't think adding things to attract more guests is in their best interest. it sounds more like it would contribute to the problem. Once it's under control, then they can resume IMO
adding more things also eats more people up, therefore helps with crowd control.

there are a lot of people that also believe they are not running rides at full capacity, which also effects crowd control.

a 5th gate, would help greatly, but lets be honest, i'm 43, if disney annoucned one today, they might have it open by my 80th bday.

adding more things also eats more people up, therefore helps with crowd control.

there are a lot of people that also believe they are not running rides at full capacity, which also effects crowd control.

a 5th gate, would help greatly, but lets be honest, i'm 43, if disney annoucned one today, they might have it open by my 80th bday.
if a ride draws more people to the park then it can turn in a day that would not be helpful, and i think that is what Disney has run into especially with the lands they've added. there is no way that SWL helped with wait times across the park

this is just a guess, but i think they are going to ramp up AK for the next few years, and then we may get a 5th gate after that

if a ride draws more people to the park then it can turn in a day that would not be helpful, and i think that is what Disney has run into especially with the lands they've added. there is no way that SWL helped with wait times across the park

this is just a guess, but i think they are going to ramp up AK for the next few years, and then we may get a 5th gate after that
lets be honest, all the parks minus MK need more attractions.

id love a 5th gate, but i think the other 3 parks need more first. that would help with crowd control also.

Very similar to the movies the additions to the parks seem to cost way too much and take way too long to complete. No doubt thought that Splash Mountain being down will result in people feeling like it is more crowded than it actually is. That ride is probably one of the most popular of all time at any park, and it was a pretty big crowd eater.

agreed, add more to AK to get that park to become more popular will certainly help the crowds at MK.

id love a 5th gate, but i think the other 3 parks need more first. that would help with crowd control also.
AK has so much expansion space. They don't even need to get rid of Dinoland if they want to expand.

Epcot and HS also need help and their expansions/rethemes fixed none of the capacity issues.

i'm not disagreeing with your point that the parks could use more rides, i just don't think it will helps with crowd control the way you do

As weird as it sounds, what they need in some parks are rides that are not AAA E-Ticket must-rides tied to immensely popular franchises. These things do draw people to the parks and overload the other, existing stuff. new will always be popular, but people really care about it more when it's a thrill ride, etc. That doesn't mean these rides should be cheap or lazy, just something accessible that can suck some people into them.

As weird as it sounds, what they need in some parks are rides that are not AAA E-Ticket must-rides tied to immensely popular franchises. These things do draw people to the parks and overload the other, existing stuff. new will always be popular, but people really care about it more when it's a thrill ride, etc. That doesn't mean these rides should be cheap or lazy, just something accessible that can suck some people into them.
i see your point, but to be fair it's the reason we skip alien swirling saucers. Not a great ride, and wait time is just too much for what you get. I'd rather put my time into waiting for a bigger ticket attraction, even if it were double the time. That's just me though.

This is where the updated Splash Mountain will help a good bit right? That sucker was always packed every time I went, so not having that is adding to their current feel of crowded don't you think?

i see your point, but to be fair it's the reason we skip alien swirling saucers. Not a great ride, and wait time is just too much for what you get. I'd rather put my time into waiting for a bigger ticket attraction, even if it were double the time. That's just me though.

Oh, I meant a little better than Alien Swirling Saucers, though that kind of ride has it's place too. I'm thinking something more like Body Wars was - a reiteration of Star Tours, popular enough, but not one of those things that's going to need a Virtual Queue to avoid lines that are literally 12 miles long.

I just think you are an experienced park goer though, and many people do not have that level of knowledge. For a newbie family they have a few rides on their must do list, and then they are trying to fit in the rest. Lower wait times on something will be appealing in this scenario, even if it's not a great ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter