Bean Counters and shortsightedness

According to the (last?) Tues live show - the numbers at WDW are looking bleaker than ever (relatively speaking) with sales that are "unheard of" according to John Magi being offered, including steep ticket discounts. These discounts include the Christmas season, and are being offered though much of 2024 already. - Thoughts ?
What sales? None of the rooms I wanted for our December and January trips are being offered at a reasonable rate. Still can't get Savor the Savanna for the past two years. Currently unable to get Luminous fireworks packages. Please point out where we can get discounted Christmas party tickets.

What sales? None of the rooms I wanted for our December and January trips are being offered at a reasonable rate. Still can't get Savor the Savanna for the past two years. Currently unable to get Luminous fireworks packages. Please point out where we can get discounted Christmas party tickets.
Yeah, even with AP discounts the hotels are still ridiculously overpriced. A few weeks ago I was looking at rooms for late October and there was absolutely nothing for under $400 with the discount. Contemporary was over $800/night and Riveria almost $1k.

I don't see the parks really struggling, the rest of the Empire is showing cracks but Disney still produces a good product parkwise.
Pricing as Disney has alway been a bit stupid, but until the last 20 years or so there weren't a lot of places comparable. UO and SW build up their lodging and dining portfolios has just made the difference more stark.

According to the (last?) Tues live show - the numbers at WDW are looking bleaker than ever (relatively speaking) with sales (discounts) that are "unheard of" according to John Magi being offered, including steep ticket discounts. These discounts include the Christmas season, and are being offered though much of 2024 already. - Thoughts ?
Maybe DUT is struggling? Not exactly a source that’s objective is it … But I guess if one doesn’t know better, than any discount is a steep discount :)

We currently have rooms booked at zero discount and 10% discount. Having these changed to 25% would be a steep discount indeed.

View attachment 802639
Not what I would describe as 'unheard of' and I see no ticket deal at all let alone 'Steep ticket deals'. I am out of state so maybe he is talking about Florida residents?
He noted, in the podcast - some of these deals are in the pipeline but not released to guests yet, talked about deal where you get 50% off Tickets and Dining plan for children? There is also a $50 a day ticket for DL he talked about.

https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/disney-world/discounts-specials.htm

But here is a link that includes up to 40% off on rooms for AP holders up to Dec 25th, and a bunch of Discounts already running into Spring - which, normally you wouldn't be seeing yet.

here is a link to an article about Kids Play & Dine for 50% off:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/half-off-tickets-dining-plan-kids-discount-disney-world-2024/

Last edited:
https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/disney-world/discounts-specials.htm

But here is a link that includes up to 40% off on rooms for AP holders up to Dec 25th, and a bunch of Discounts already running into Spring - which, normally you wouldn't be seeing yet.
  • Save up to 35% on stays most Sunday through Thursday nights from October 2 to November 18, 2023, and most nights from November 19 to December 9, 2023
  • Save up to 40% on stays most nights December 10 to December 25, 2023
Somebody please explain to me why the discounts are higher the two weeks before Christmas. Aren't those two of the busiest weeks of the year at WDW??

Get a discount on 1-Day, 2-Day and 3-Day Disneyland Child (age 3-9) tickets for use January 8 – March 10, 2024. Park Hopper and Disney Genie+ can be added for an additional charge. There are no blockout dates.

• 1-Day, 1-Park Per Day Disneyland Child (age 3-9) ticket will be $50.

It's rare to get a ticket discount period, even for kids, especially at Disneyland. It's been years.

The sky is not falling, but they are concerned.

Get a discount on 1-Day, 2-Day and 3-Day Disneyland Child (age 3-9) tickets for use January 8 – March 10, 2024. Park Hopper and Disney Genie+ can be added for an additional charge. There are no blockout dates.

• 1-Day, 1-Park Per Day Disneyland Child (age 3-9) ticket will be $50.

It's rare to get a ticket discount period, even for kids, especially at Disneyland. It's been years.

The sky is not falling, but they are concerned.
Yea - that's just it. These are clearly a bigger push right now - in the podcast John also said, he's asked why they don't just offer Free Dining again, and they seem resistant to do so ... so, it's not critical yet, for sure. But this is clearly a bigger push. Course, they also just mitigated some of this with price increases ...

Yea - that's just it. These are clearly a bigger push right now - in the podcast John also said, he's asked why they don't just offer Free Dining again, and they seem resistant to do so ... so, it's not critical yet, for sure. But this is clearly a bigger push. Course, they also just mitigated some of this with price increases ...

It's not hard to understand why they're reluctant to offering free dining.

1. Food costs are still high.
2. Many restaurants are not even seating at full capacity with sold out ADRs. They just don't have the staff.
3. Most of the signature restaurants are still on limited prix-fixe menus.

They're just not ready yet.

• Save up to 35% on stays most Sunday through Thursday nights from October 2 to November 18, 2023, and most nights from November 19 to December 9, 2023
  • Save up to 40% on stays most nights December 10 to December 25, 2023
Somebody please explain to me why the discounts are higher the two weeks before Christmas. Aren't those two of the busiest weeks of the year at WDW??
Do you only get the 40% by booking through this travel agency? Has anyone gotten a decent room at this rate?

It’s direct, highest percent off only applies to deluxe resorts and it might be on select dates, not sure.
I'm going during that time but never saw the 40% on WDW site. There are some at 35% but unfortunately they're not the ones I want.

Disney counts on its hardcore fan base, which they have said they don't care about, being stupid enough to keep coming even after raising prices and cutting back the experience. So far they have been correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter