Bee line to I4?????

plutosmyfav

<font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi
Is the North route out of the air port the best? I'm planning on taking the Bee-line Expressway to I4 down to DIsney. We'll be arriving Friday night, leaving the aiprort at about 11 PM.

Any tips?

Thanks

We have found taking the south exit from the airport to 417 to be much faster. The signs are excellent, the tolls are a bit highter, 2 @ 1.00 but, it is much quicker.

We always use the south exit to 417 south also. There is little traffic on this road, it's away from the main section of Orlando. I-4 is always heavy traffic, it's the main road through Orlando. You go through 2 tollbooths on 417, $1 each, and get off at exit 6 for Downtown Disney/Epcot area.

We have used both routes many times. As the others have said the south route's tolls are slightly more, but it is only nominal... The South Route does seem to be a little faster as well, but it is more rural.. At 11PM, I don't expect you would have all that much traffic on either route... Lately it seems that we take the Beeline-I4 route on the way to WDW and the 417 going back to the airport. I think it is just force of habit or something.

THanks for the tips. I think we will take the north route since we won't hit bad traffic. Sounds like there isn't a huge difference in time either way and if the south route is more rural then we might be better with the direct highways since we've never driven in FL before and it will be dark.

As one who lives here and travels from the coast on 528 the south route (417) is so much better and quicker. I'm very biased though because I HATE I-4. I've had more than enough of it to last a lifetime, even on a Friday night at 11:00 (which surprisingly the roads are still kinda busy since it's a weekend night).

Edited to add: 417 is not really a rural route (sorry Sgt. ;) ) and I find it even more tourist friendly, it's a major highway. Depending on whether you are staying at an EPCOT resort you would take Exit 6 or if you were staying elsewhere on property it would be Exit 3 and I would probably suggest that you take Exit 3 either way because it's a straight shot into WDW from the Osceola Parkway (which is the road you exit onto :teeth: ). Again I really really HATE I-4. lol :p

oh drat!

I had my mind made up and now you made me think again....

OK, I printed out the driving directions for the south route from http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/ for British visitors. The level of detail is great even for us American :)

I'll have to go over it with DH and we'll decide which way to go. Either way we should get there :)

Thanks

Originally posted by Miss Jasmine

Edited to add: 417 is not really a rural route (sorry Sgt. ;) ) and I find it even more tourist friendly, it's a major highway

Point taken ;) For me, living in Chicago, anywhere that isn't congested and with exits every 2 minutes is rural .:confused: ... I think what I meant to say is it just seems more quiet on 417, the drive from the airport, south, until you actually get to 417 seems rather rural, if you know what I mean... It seems that you are in the middle of nowhere.. I4 just seems to be more busy, better lit, etc., And, again, coming from Chicago where it can take me 35 minutes on a good day and 2 + hours on a bad day to get to work, the traffic on I4 doesn't phase me at all.

We always use the South exit(417) it is less congested, and less of a chance of a traffic jam.;)

lol, Sgt. I forgot what you were comparing it to. I'm spoiled over here on the coast and I have been out of a big city for way too long. :teeth:

I still HATE I-4 though. I don't think it's the congestion so much but more perhaps the tourist drivers. ;) (ducks and hides for cover). :p

I usually use the Bee line. Also I do a little trick, leaving the airport north entrance I stay to the left, cross over the Bee line and go left at the first light (Frontage becomes McCoy Rd.) This skips one of the toll booths. Running outside, and alongside the Bee Line, curving to the left, and going about a mile I come to a light. Two quick lefts here and I am back on teh Bee Line west towards I-4.

Returning on the Bee Line, get off at Exit 9 Tradesport, left to cross under the Bee Line, fill up the car at the gas station there, prices very competitive, then get back on McCoy becomes Frontage road going east. Go a mile to Semoran Blvd which is the airport entrance. If you are renting from Payless, you will get to their station before you reach Semoran.

If it is night, and you are not renting from Payless, and you are uncomfortable with the little rural road paralleling the Bee Line, you can simply take the Bee Line directly from the north airport exit (Semoran) as everybody else does.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Originally posted by Miss Jasmine
lol, Sgt. I forgot what you were comparing it to. I'm spoiled over here on the coast and I have been out of a big city for way too long. :teeth:

I still HATE I-4 though. I don't think it's the congestion so much but more perhaps the tourist drivers. ;) (ducks and hides for cover). :p

LOL!! Oh I know what you are talking about.. We have been going to WDW for 20 years now and I drive everytime. I almost feel like a local sometimes... You can definately tell the 'tourist' drivers. ;) Everbody has to learn sometime though.. LOL!

Just so everyone knows -- they are doing a lot of construction on the South exit of the airport (417 exit). The construction is done at night and usually starts at 10:00pm. The signs all say- expect delays. So, if you are heading in at night you may want to stick with the beeline for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter