• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Been There or Not been there?

no......how about Padre Island...one of the strangest geological adventures....the beach went on forever and the large ships looked like giants at the end of the sand on the chanel....we could drive out on the beach and picnic and dolphins to follow the ferry.

Padre Island texas?

Yes…DH worked from TX into Mexico for weeks at a time over a period of 3-4 years. Sometimes I would fly down and spend a weekend there.

Harlingen TX?

Yes…DH worked from TX into Mexico for weeks at a time over a period of 3-4 years. Sometimes I would fly down and spend a weekend there.

Harlingen TX?
COOL VERY COOL spring break of 1985.....bro n law took me to san antiono where he grew up....his parents and my sister took a ferry to somewhere on the island....just a unique experince.

no harlingen texas

Greene , tExas we ran a 10k that so long ago 1985....feel like a ran marathon opeing up boxes and boxes and boxes of worthless books.....not a single hardcover non-fiction of any value...did find a 1978 book on Sweat.....on ebay at 600.00 but only selling at 40 in poor condition...my should bring aroun 60

Greene , texas

No

Carlsbad Caverns NP NM?
Yes. Got shin splints hiking the switchbacks to the bottom, but worth it. Did not get to see bats because there was a tornado watch just across the border in TX, but didn’t come that way. FYI, the motel there (White’s) had a museum with a basement that was also the shelter, so if it had gotten closer, we could have seen the museum for free.

Hell, Cayman Islands? (Did get to see that for free!)

Last edited:
Yes. Got shin splints hiking the switchbacks to the bottom, but worth it. Did not get to see bats because there was a tornado watch just across the border in TX, but didn’t come that way. FYI, the motel there (White’s) had a museum with a basement that was also the shelter, so if it had gotten closer, we could have seen the museum for free.

Hell, Cayman Islands? (Did get to see that for free!)

Yes

Craters of the Moon National Monument, ID?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter