Before Entering The Kingdom... Christmas 2010

*tinker*bell*

Mouseketeer
Heya everyone! So this is my first PTR, I have to admit I am a it of a lurker around here, I like to read the threads and take it all in but I'm gunna give this a shot! :goodvibes (... I apologise in advance I tend to raaaamble on a bit at times...or all the time :lmao:)

So first things first let me introduce you to the cast of this trip!!!

Photo179.jpg

First there is me of course! My name is Lorena, I am 21 and a Disney FANATIC!!! I am a planner, I plan and plan and plan and then when we get there I forget about the plans and just kinda go with it~ :thumbsup2 I LOVE Disney, as I live on the west coast, in Vancouver, BC, Canada, Disney World is a bit far away so as a kid my family went to Disneyland I got the pleasure of being a very lucky child and going 4 times before I started to finally do some other traveling and see the rest of the world but my favourite place to vacation will always be Disney :worship: this will be my third trip to WDW!

101_1655.jpg

Then there is my lovely boyfriend, who I shall call Peter <Pan> who will be 21 when we leave, we have been together just over two years, he has to put up with a lot :) as I am sure you can tell from my lovely photo of him, he is a good sport though, he doesn't seem to mind all of my obsessive planning and kinda goes along with it throwing in some input here and there. He also has been to Disneyland a couple times, however this will be his FIRST trip to wdw!

Just for fun thought I would add in a couple extra photo's of us together

This is us at an old time photo booth at our local summer fair, as I said he pretty much goes along with whatever I want to do!

2-2-201064248PM.jpg

and this is just us, one of the only normal photo's I have of us together, even though he isn't looking at the camera :)

100_1923.jpg

So, thats us, it shall just be us this trip, I am very excited and it's still so far away! I would have made it sooner but Peter is doing a co-op this summer right through till just before we leave so it was right before Christmas or right after, as he didn't want to be away for the actual day :( anyways I shall get into dates ect in the coming posts! If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them!

okay so,

A bit of background... Peter is still in school he is doing two semesters of co-op and will graduate from his program in June 2011. He is a...nerd... and I dont mean that in the bad way, it's just who he is! He loves his video games, xbox and wii and computer games I dont know the names of... He loves star wars and was a little let down when I told him star tours would be closed for refurbishment while we are there.

I am in the middle of switching programs...again... this shall be my second switch, my third and FINAL program, I SWEAR! Anyways I was in a couple of car accidents earlier this year, and so I am using my settlement money for this trip, which I have been dreaming about since my last trip with my Mom! We went in Feb/March of 2008 and stayed in the POFQ, which is where Peter and I shall be staying :banana:

Anyways, as soon as I got my settlement money it was burning a hole in my pocket I knew I needed to start planning this trip, and soon!!! I went through maaaaaany different situations, at first we were going to go after Christmas, then I was going to go with a friend at the end of August, but I realized I really did not want to do that, so I decided on the time right before Christmas. So then I had to search for the best deal, and search I did, I cannot tell you how many sites I went on, and how many agents I visited, until I finally found the best deal it was about $300 less pp than any other agent had given me!

So I booked it!

Our dates are:

Leave Vancouver on December 14th 2010, taking a 7:55 pm flight to Seattle WA, then after a short layover we shall fly straight to MCO overnight and land in Orland at around 5:30 am on December 15th. We have an 8 day basic park ticket and we leave in the evening on December 23 to arrive home 5 minutes before Christmas Eve!!!

my next post shall have an outline of our stay, and some of the issues I ran into after booking my trip~! Found some good news on the boards... turned into a bit of a hassle, but it was well worth it!

So far th outline for our stay looks something like this:

Arrive on the 15th, check in and either leave our baggage with bell services <most probably course of action> (or go to the room and unpack a bit) There are a couple of different ideas I have been toying with for this day, depending on exactly when we get to the hotel, and if the room is ready, or if they know it may be ready within a couple hours we may head to DTD and look around there for a bit, and then head to HS in the mid-late afternoon, otherwise we shall just go pretty much directly from our hotel to HS and spend the day there watch Fantasmic and maybe see The Osbourne Lights a bit.

The 16th we shall be spending the day at Animal Kingdom, this is one of my favourite parks I love EE, Kali and the Safari, as well we shall be going to MVMCP!!! :cool1:

The 17th shall be Epcot

18th MK

19th HS

20th Epcot

21st AK

and finally our final full day the 22nd shall be spent at MK

so we have two full days at each park and we shall spend some evenings at DTD or in the resort

Our last day we will check out and as our flight is fairly late probably leave our luggage with bell services and head to DTD for a little while, get any last minute purchases and say good bye :sad1:

That's what it's looking like right now, I shall post my little hassle with the good news I found on here and my ADR's in my next post... looking forward to possibly hearing from some people?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter