• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Being an ABD Guide

Suzann

“I am odd-looking. I sometimes think I look like a
Does anyone know how you become a guide?

Or any guides out there that will tell me how it is like being a guide? I think I would love the work but would want more information :goodvibes

Don't know if it's on the new version of the ABD website, but there used to be a section about becoming a guide on the older one.

I know the guides on our trip last year both had years of guiding experience with other companies, and had started doing it as summer jobs when they were in college.

Not much help, sorry, but that's all I know. Good luck!

I actually know quite a few tour guides and they worked for Disney already in another role and then interviewed and auditioned for the tour guide position. they all LOVE it!!

I asked our guides how they got into ABD. It's very competitive. They have a high percentage of cast members applying for the position, and they are choosing only a select few.

When they first began ABD I remember seeing ads in the NY Times about applying to become a guide

Yeah I'm with BriarRosie. It's not a position you just walk into. The guides on our trips gave us an oral resume if you will about themselves when we had our welcome dinner the first night. Each one of them had extensive experience with Disney prior to becoming an ABD guide and the competition each year for those positions is tough.

I know of some CM's who applied and auditioned.... none got a gig. All were guides already in the parks or in the entertainment dept. It seemed like a very hot job.

We had one of the guides on our tour who was not a cast member, but he had several years' experience as an adventure tour guide. I believe he works as a contractor for ABD.

Sayhello

As everyone has said, ABD guide positions are incredible sought after by CMs. Only the best of the best get to be one. Also, guides that did not work with Disney prior were chosen because of their tour experience and their familiarity with their touring location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter