Belle's World Meets Mickey's World - Day 3

Belle's World

DIS Veteran
Day 3

Tuesday 16th June 2009

We made breakfast on time today after setting our own alarm. We were out and in the park by 8.20am and managed to get the following done by 10am: Dumbo, Tea Cups, Peter Pan, Carousel, Buzz Lightyear twice, Orbitron and Buzz Lightyear again. Then we made our way to the rope drop between Fantasyland and Adventureland, as we were waiting we bought 2 Mickey Brioche from Marionette restaurant. They were lovely.
Pirates of the Caribbean was working today so that was our first ride, we then went back into Fantasyland and rode Pinocchio and as we finished we managed to catch the Sleeping Beauty Show which happens around the back of the castle next to the giant sword. After this we explored the castle before going over to Big Thunder Mountain to use the two sets of Fast Passes we had got after Pirates of the Caribbean. We had time before lunch so we walked around Fort Stock and Passage of Aladdin before going to the Blue Lagoon. Captain Jack was just outside but he had so many people around him that we decided to just head into the restaurant. Here is my review copied and pasted for ease: We ate here at 12pm on Tuesday 16th June. I had booked in advance and requested a table on the beach which we received. We had eaten here previously and had expected to wait a long time for our food to arrive so were pleasantly surprised when the starter arrived about 5min after ordering. I have photos of the food and the menu which I can upload when I can work out how to. We both had the ham, salad and melon for starter followed by the curried chicken and rice and then a chocolate ice cream sundae. The food was all delicious. The starter was not exactly to my taste but it was nice. The chicken had the most delicious sauce on and was cooked very nicely. The atmosphere is lovely, service on this occasion very quick and for the first time I heard many people on the ride shouting Bon Appetite. We would definitely eat here again, the menu could do with a little more choice but what you do get was delicious. We paid with half board plus vouchers but I noticed you could choose anything from the menu if you had the half board premium vouchers so you would get a lot more choice. The restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere and a good place to take a break.
We then went on Snow White which had been closed earlier due to the staggered opening times and then headed over to Discoveryland where we went round Nautilus. I don’t know if they are thinking of closing/changing this but when we acme out there was a lady with a clipboard asking us what we thought about it, what we liked and disliked etc.
After this we got in place for Mickey’s Magical Party, which is very long and apart from the characters has very little to do with Disney. This is similar to Stitch’s dance time in Discoveryland which we caught bits of by accident on three occasions but did not actually wait to watch all of it. I did of course have to get a souvenir streamer when the show ended! Then we went round Alice in Wonderland which was only open between 11-3pm. We did try to go on Casey Junior and Le Pays des Contes Des Fays but there was a rope across the path and a sign saying the rides were closed today. It wasn’t until the last day that we found out they were only open Friday-Monday; it doesn’t mention this anywhere on the programme. We also watched Once Upon a Dream Parade which is fantastic, so nice to see some new floats.
DSC02163.jpg
It stops an awful lot which makes it last a lot longer than it used to and however much i sniffed i couldn't really make out a specific smell for each float, but it is a lovely thought.
We had been looking at each o0f the 3 places the pin board could be anytime we walked anywhere nearby but to no avail. Earlier in the day we has asked at the Emporium what time the board would be out and were told between 2pm-4pm, we went back between these times, it was not there but we were told it would be back at 6pm. This was no good to us as we were going to Buffalo Bill’s so I went to City Hall to ask them after waiting for ages for them to ring around they acme back with vaguest idea of where he might be between certain times. We decided to leave it for the day we had plenty of time left.
We then headed back to the hotel to change for Buffalo Bill’s show as I had a checked shirt I wanted to wear to get in character!
DSC02193.jpg
The review is copied and pasted here: We ate here on Tuesday 16th June at 6.30pm. We arrived at 6pm and were given our hats we were in the red section premium seating. We watched the entert5ainment for a few minutes before being told to go into the arena to the block stated on our tickets. By the time we arrived we were sandwiched between a family of 3 and a family of 4. There were baskets of nachos and bread already on the tables and these were to be shared between 4 or 5 people which caused slight confusion as the families either side thought they were just for their family. There was also a non alcoholic cocktail waiting for us served in what looked like a tall shot glass. All of this was very nice and we were sat in the front row with an excellent view. Before the show started the chilli was bought out and a spoonful put in each persons metal bowl. I had been slightly worried about the food as I had heard all sorts of things about food poisoning etc but it was hot and delicious both DH and myself ate every last bit. The show started and we were encouraged to bang our cutlery and plates etc and make lots of noise. The show was brilliant, we had never seen it before so no idea what it was like without Mickey and the gang but I don't think they take over too much and make it more family friendly. We were then given two different ribs, a chicken wing, sausage, potato wedges and corn on the cob. By now it was very dark as the show was going on so it became difficult to see what you were eating, the ribs were very spicy but everything was delicious and a welcome surprise. The drinks were filled up regularly sometimes even when they were half full they were refilled. For pudding we had an apple crumble which once again was lovely and we also received 2 small chocolate cakes which were eaten very quickly. The show was fantastic the red team won 3 of the challenges but green won the ball challenge so were the overall winners. I didn't really see the point of the clowns and advised DH not to let him near his hat as I had heard sometimes they jump on them. Overall I couldn't really fault this dinner show, it is quite expensive but we booked from home which saved us a lot of money, this is now a must do on every trip and I encourage anyone who has not been to do so, I wish I had been before. We also received a chocolate coin with Buffalo Bill on which I thought was great and I didn't notice any dust at all.
The show finished at about 8.30pm so we wandered through the shops before reaching our hotel. Another day over 3 more to go.

Ro

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter