Belle's World Meets Mickey's World - Day 5

Belle's World

DIS Veteran
Day 5

Thursday 18th June

Unfortunately on Thursday evening I was so exhausted after packing the suitcases that I didn’t make a note of everything we had done that day. I have tried to remember but I expect I will have forgotten something as it was a month ago now.
We had breakfast in the hotel and made it for EMH at about 8.20am. As we did the same most mornings I think it is safe to say we went on Dumbo, Tea Cups, Carousel, Peter Pan, then over to Buzz Lightyear which I think we rode 3 times and then onto Orbitron where my Minnie Mouse headband almost flew off. We then decided to go for a snack in Salon Mickey, here is my review copied and pasted for ease: On Thursday 18th June we visited for the third time at about 9.20am, this time however was slightly different, we were allowed in after showing our shareholders card but then the lady demanded to see our ID which we did not have with us as we had not needed it on previous occasions. I explained that we had been in twice this week already and had not been asked for it but the lady replied that people borrow other people’s shareholders cards and therefore she needed to verify who I was. I told her that my name was printed on the park ticket which she also had but said this wasn’t enough. We were let in eventually which was good as I had already picked up a Mickey Brioche but I was told I would have to bring ID on my next visit. The food as usual was good and the atmosphere relaxing. The amount we saved on free cookies/muffins and Brioche along with the drinks made the shares worthwhile on there own. I am even going to attempt to make Mickey Brioche myself as they were so good and we would have bought more had we not got them free in Salon Mickey.
Again after this we waited for rope drop before going on Pirates of the Caribbean, followed by Fast Passes for Big Thunder Mountain. We then went round as I wanted to see Woody’s Roundup and was disappointed you couldn’t go in unless the characters were out. However we did see Kenai and Koda from brother bear, Tigger, Friar Tuck and King John and there was hardly anyone around so I had my photo taken with them all. We then went on Big Thunder Mountain twice using our Fast passes and the Thunder Mesa Riverboat was loading so we jumped on this and had a nice relaxing trip on the top deck. After this we did Phantom Manor and then went for lunch. Here is my review copied and pasted for ease: We ate at Pizzeria Bella Notta for lunch on Thursday 18th June. We chose to share a pasta menu which consisted of penne pasta, garlic bread, a drink and a chocolate Mickey shape doughnut. The pasta was very hot and tasty I was surprised it was served in a cardboard box but it did the job. The garlic bread was nice and the doughnut was a surprise as we expected it to be filled with jam. The restaurant was practically empty at about 12pm as it is tucked out of the way just around the corner from It’s a small world. The service was fast and the tables clean. We would definitely eat here again for a quick, quiet, relatively cheap counter service meal. It was also nice to have fast food that wasn’t burgers hotdogs and fries. We also went back to ask for additional cutlery and were given this straight away. If you like the film Lady and the Tramp then you really should look in this restaurant. The pillars are statues of the chefs from the restaurant which feeds the dogs and there are big paintings on the walls. You can also sit outside if you wish.
I know after this we took the shortcut from Fantasyland to Discoveryland but got caught behind Stitch who was about to come out on his spaceship for Dance Time. We then found that fast passes for Star Tours were not working so decided to go to the Studio Park and did Playhouse Disney Live. This was good but I would have preferred to sit on benches rather than the floor. We than made our way for a very early dinner:
We ate at Walts at 3.45pm on Thursday 18th June. I had booked in advance and requested a window seat to watch the parade which we were lucky enough to get. The restaurant didn’t seem that busy at this time I suppose it is a strange time to eat but we wanted to see the parade from a different angle. We had half board plus vouchers but neither of us liked the look of the starters included so we decided to eat off the main menu. I chose the salmon and DH the Walts burger. I can honestly say this food wasn’t just the nicest in DLRP but some of the nicest I have had. The salmon was cooked to perfection which came in a lovely buttery sauce, the lemon mashed potato was heavenly and the vegetables were also lovely. DH said the burger was the best he had eaten. We shared the brownie dessert which was gorgeous and I had a non alcoholic Tinkerbell glowing drink which was also nice and the Tinkerbell and cup to take home are great souvenirs. After our shareholders discount and the vouchers there was nothing left to pay. The surroundings in this restaurant are fabulous with each room representing a different land in the park showing different photographs. By moving the table slightly we got a great view of the parade that I filmed and took photos of. You can just about hear the music from outside but music also continues to play in the restaurant. This restaurant will be number 1 on our list for future trips to Disneyland. I urge you all to try this restaurant as you won’t regret it.
When we finished we went on the Railroad which had closed the night before when we wanted to go on. We decided to go round to Discoveryland and then go on Star Tours, we got to Discoveryland at 6.02pm, Star Tours closes at 6pm so we just missed it. We made our way back down main street through the shops, I went on ahead just in case the pin board was out and I almost had a heart attack when I saw it I was so happy. I knew you were only allowed to swap 2 pins per person and I had 2 LE’s I wanted to swap, I swapped one for a pin on pin LE with Mickey and Minnie on and one for a Shiny Chip pin in a Christmas Bauble LE. There was also a Belle pin in a purple heart that I got DH to swap and then I saw the man also had a lanyard and he had a pin with Belle and 2 other princesses which said I’m a Disney Pincess so I also got that. There were a lot of hard core traders around him and a lady asked if she could swap for a Small World hidden Mickey pin, so I said if she had something I wanted. She had lots of little bags full of pins on bits of material. I saw the Belle catchphrase hidden Mickey pin I had been looking for and the swap was done. I left very happy but exhausted. We made our way back to the hotel via the New York shop to pack our suitcases before returning home tomorrow.

Pictures will be added at the weekend.

Ro

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter