Bellevue Lounge at Disney's Boardwalk

stephen11

Mouseketeer
Hello - I will be visiting the Boardwalk in February and I see that there is a new coffee shop opening in the lobby (Coffee Carousel). Is this where the Gift shop was in the lobby?
Also does this replace the coffee and pastries available in the Bellevue Lounge in the morning? Thanks for your help.,..

Hello - I will be visiting the Boardwalk in February and I see that there is a new coffee shop opening in the lobby (Coffee Carousel). Is this where the Gift shop was in the lobby?
Also does this replace the coffee and pastries available in the Bellevue Lounge in the morning? Thanks for your help.,..
Yes, the Carousel Coffee shop took the place of Dundy's Sundries gift shop just off the lobby on the Villas side. I don't know whether it will take the place of the coffee and pastries available in the Bellevue Lounge, though. Carousel Coffee opens tomorrow, Dec. 28, so we should know about changes to Bellevue Lounge within a few days, I'd think.
I understand the Bellevue Lounge has been refurbished...is this correct?
Yes, new furniture and a new color scheme. As usual, some people think it's lovely (I do, based only on photos I've seen) and others hate it.

others hate it.

I will just say its better suited for Riviera or another location and in no way is associated with a Boardwalk theme.

That is my only issue.

I simply tell people to blame all the clown pool haters for driving Disney to this point that they remove the heart of the theme from the resort. (Yes I will never get over Disney removing the clown for the new Kinkos billboard)

I will just say its better suited for Riviera or another location and in no way is associated with a Boardwalk theme.

That is my only issue.

I simply tell people to blame all the clown pool haters for driving Disney to this point that they remove the heart of the theme from the resort. (Yes I will never get over Disney removing the clown for the new Kinkos billboard)
I seriously think they used leftover furniture from Riveria and VGF - I am trying to remember where I saw that white top coffee table.

What I was surprised at was they call it "Carousel Coffee", yet there isn't even one picture of a carousel that I can see. It seems that the name was picked simply because Carousel and coffee both start with "C".

I agree that the lounge is no longer themed. But I do like the furnishings. Which is totally inconsistent ! I am bummed that Carousel Coffee doesn’t include a refillable mug station. Perhaps that has been discussed and I missed it.

I am bummed that it doesn’t include a refillable mug station. Perhaps that has been discussed and I missed it.
Agreed. I can't believe they don't have one inside of Boardwalk. Having to go to the pool bar or Boardwalk Deli is a huge inconvenience and one that stops us from even getting a mug while staying there. They could have even added one to the seating area they created across from Boardwalk Carousel.

Agreed. I can't believe they don't have one inside of Boardwalk. Having to go to the pool bar or Boardwalk Deli is a huge inconvenience and one that stops us from even getting a mug while staying there. They could have even added one to the seating area they created across from Boardwalk Carousel.
Yes! I have only purchased a refillable mug one time, when we stayed at Pop for a basketball tourney!😂. It’s just not convenient to go to the Boardwalk if you’re catching the bus to go to MK, AK or HS. (Depending on room location)

Especially when the pool bar closes early! I just don't get it...Was especially difficult during the reopening after the COVID closures. The Boardwalk Bakery closed early, and the pool bar would only give you small plastic cups.

Yes, new furniture and a new color scheme. As usual, some people think it's lovely (I do, based only on photos I've seen) and others hate it.
I stayed at BWVs for a week in October and wasn't even aware that Bellevue Lounge had a makeover LOL
During the day, we would take our food/drink outside and sit and at night would have drinks.

It was open for breakfast in the mornings in October. I'm positive because I would get a glass of champagne.

I stayed at BWVs for a week in October and wasn't even aware that Bellevue Lounge had a makeover LOL
During the day, we would take our food/drink outside and sit and at night would have drinks.

It was open for breakfast in the mornings in October. I'm positive because I would get a glass of champagne.
It stopped offering breakfast in late Dec. when Carousel Coffee opened.

Carousel Coffee looks a lot better now, both the shop and the seating area. There is additional artwork on other walls of the shop.F9B46F34-C261-4FCD-AA3F-640FB3D9FFEF.jpeg80782B01-2D4C-4421-B623-E300559F02F6.jpeg

I have been an owner at Boardwalk since 1999 - so for 24 years. I own at OKW and Vero as well. But my heart has always been at Boardwalk. Now, I am not one to resist change. I welcome refurbishments and updates. But I totally agree that Disney is removing the theme of many resorts in favor of cheap crappy looking furniture. The former decor of the resort would take me to another time and place and I loved that. Over the years, I have taken many family and friends to Boardwalk for the same reason. Can you imagine if they did this to Animal Kingdom Jambo or Kidani? What if they decided to remove all the animals on the savanna and put in a small petting area with goats or something and still charged huge $$ because you get to see some animals? It defeats the purpose and theme you might have been sold on when you bought into the resort. Imagine if they put the Grand Floridian DVC Resort Studio furniture into the DVC rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge like they seem to be doing at Boardwalk. I would think that many owners of AKV would be upset that their theme was stolen away by Disney. I feel the same way with what is happening to the Boardwalk now.

The resorts are attractions as well. An attraction is not only a ride or show. When you start removing the attractiveness of the resorts, what is the point in paying for the same thing you can get for 80% less just down the road (especially if you have a car)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter