Benefits as a College Program Participant

Do CP'ers get discounts for things like tours, more specifically DiveQuest at Epcot? I should be scuba certified by the time I do a CP (hoping for the cert dive the week of thanksgiving this year and spring 09 cp) and I'm not sure what my financial situation is going to be then (haven't figured it out with my dad, he pays for my college so it depends on an agreement we come to) but I really want to do it.
Does anyone know what the situation with that kind of thing is?

If our daughter gets a room for us with her CP discount, can we also get the dining plan? She may not be able to eat all meals with us if she's working, so we might be better off with the dining plan if it's a possibility. Thanks!

do cast members get a discount on the personal meet and greet with a character? just wondered. it's not for me, it's for a friend. i would guess probably not, but that's just a guess.

If our daughter gets a room for us with her CP discount, can we also get the dining plan? She may not be able to eat all meals with us if she's working, so we might be better off with the dining plan if it's a possibility. Thanks!

The WDW Resort Cast Discount generally doesn't include the Dining Plan. This is mainly to avoid overwhelming their Foods department who are already dealing with those guests on full-price MYW Packages.

However, every so often, the company will release the Dining Plan at a discount for Florida-site (read: WDW) CMs. There are generally restrictions on it, though.

For example, WDW is currently having a summer Cast Discount and Dining offer (I think it's $20.99/adult and $9.99/child for the Dining Plan on top of the 50% room discount). However, it's Florida-site only, restricted to Sun.-Thurs. stays and the CM has to stay in the room to be eligible.

Cast room discounts normally do not include the dining plan, but they can be added for full price by calling the cast reservations line and asking to add it to an existing reservation.

Occasionally they do have promotions, like glendalais mentions, which makes the dining plan a very good deal.

Do CP'ers get discounts for things like tours, more specifically DiveQuest at Epcot? I should be scuba certified by the time I do a CP (hoping for the cert dive the week of thanksgiving this year and spring 09 cp) and I'm not sure what my financial situation is going to be then (haven't figured it out with my dad, he pays for my college so it depends on an agreement we come to) but I really want to do it.

I'm not sure about DiveQuest but i know CMs get discount on all the other tours offered like the walking tours around the MK. Never hurts to ask when you get there.

do cast members get a discount on the personal meet and greet with a character? just wondered. it's not for me, it's for a friend. i would guess probably not, but that's just a guess.

I'm not sure what you mean. There is no price to meeting the characters.

As to the VISA meet, I'm not sure how that works (other then being a card member). But you don't pay for that either.

Yes, CPs get discounts on the tours. Some tours get a bigger discount then others.

Ahh I see.. I'm guessing you have to check through the Hub or something (not just on the disney world website) to be able to see which resorts have rooms open to the cast member discount for certain days??

Yep. You can see which resorts are available (and how much they are) by checking on the HUB.

Quick question.. I know only resort guests are allowed to be in the parks for extra magic hours. If our family comes and stays at the resort and we stay with them to get them the full discount, are we (even though we are cast members) then considered a resort guest during that time and allowed to go to extra magic hours with our family?? Thanks in advance!

Quick question.. I know only resort guests are allowed to be in the parks for extra magic hours. If our family comes and stays at the resort and we stay with them to get them the full discount, are we (even though we are cast members) then considered a resort guest during that time and allowed to go to extra magic hours with our family?? Thanks in advance!

Yes because you will have a resort key.

Liz

Yes, if a CM stays on-site you are eligible for EMH (since you would have a room key). I will be doing that myself in Aug (I am staying at AKL).

Cast room discounts normally do not include the dining plan, but they can be added for full price by calling the cast reservations line and asking to add it to an existing reservation.

Eh? I just got back from WDW, and Cast Reservations was fairly insistent that I could not add the Dining Plan to my reservation :confused:.

Must be one of those Florida-site things again...:confused3

Eh? I just got back from WDW, and Cast Reservations was fairly insistent that I could not add the Dining Plan to my reservation :confused:.

Must be one of those Florida-site things again...:confused3

Not sure... I was talking to one of my friends about this, and they did it with no sweat, no bother. It could be a Florida site thing, though.

Update: I just checked on this, and you're right, it's not available unless one of the FL site cast member promos are active. DRC otherwise doesn't allow full-priced DDP additions. Sorry for the misinformation!

I'm pretty sure this has already been asked but do cast members receive any type of airline discounts? Thanks!

CMs can get discounts on Aer Lingus from MCO to Ireland, as well as Lufthansa from MCO to Frankfurt, Germany.

There's nothing domestic, unfortunately.

Do we get any discounts on green fees at the golf courses on property? If so, are there any blackout dates for the discounts (like during Christmas season)? Thanks!

sorry to bump this... but anyone have an answer about the golf discounts question? Thanks!

sorry to bump this... but anyone have an answer about the golf discounts question? Thanks!

i play golf...but not when i was down there, ( i just got into it a year ago lol), but i am pretty sure you get a discount on green fees, but don't quote me on it, since they may have changed things since i was on the program in 2005.. best bet is to contact wdw recruiting.. the email address is on the wdwcollegeprogram.com website..if i was going down there this year, i would def look you up and play a round or 2 :)

i play golf...but not when i was down there, ( i just got into it a year ago lol), but i am pretty sure you get a discount on green fees, but don't quote me on it, since they may have changed things since i was on the program in 2005.. best bet is to contact wdw recruiting.. the email address is on the wdwcollegeprogram.com website..if i was going down there this year, i would def look you up and play a round or 2 :)

I'm not the greatest golfer but I definitely enjoy it. I was checkin out the courses online the other day and they're freakin gorgeous! They sure do look like tough though.. haha. Anyone else have any idea about a discount on green fees at the golf courses??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter