Berry Knott Farms } Need Advice! Please!

aanthony03

Mum of 3 Dalmations
:hippie: Hello! My mother in law is coming from Sydney to spend sometime with the grandchildren. I thought we'd start of slow then get big like Disneyland.

We would like to go to Berry Knott Farms. My questions are, can we get discounts on tickets or hotel if we are not California residents. Then when is the best time to go? Our time frame is June thru August. Is this the type of place that takes one day to see it all or is it a few days kind of deal. Is there any other places around there that are kid and mil friendly. The last question is where would be a nice place to stay. :confused3

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Knott's Berry Farm is an ok place. Since they've upped the roller coaster quotient they've gotten a bit better. But it used to be really big on atmosphere and nostalgia and I'm afraid that's suffered a bit since the roller coaster's have moved in. The shopping area outside doesn't cost to get into. It's small, but really nice. The park definately only takes one day to see. It's old and hasn't been very well kept up. There are alot of midway type rides. I went year before last for the first time in a while and it just wasn't what I remembered, especially after a Disney vacation. I've heard on the news recently that they reduced their adult ticket price. Also, they used to have a deal where if you got there after 4:00 pm you got a discounted dusk price; my family always used to do this when we went. If you know the history of it, it's great for that. The story of Mr. Knott and his berry farm and how the park got started is definately something you should research a bit if you decide to go. Also do a bit of reading up on Mrs. Knott's Kitchen and stop by there and have the fried chicken. Though the restaurant is not the same since it changed hands. I have to say that the food at Po' Folks down the street is a bit better.

Knotts is only 15 minutes from Disneyland so I would recommend staying near there. It's easier and nicer. Medieval Times, a dinner theater with jousting knights that is definately worth a peak is just down the road from Knotts.

I also hear that Knotts has added a really good water park to their theme park area in the last few years and it's rated pretty high. You may want to check that out if you're going in the middle of the summer.

Hi aanthony03, Knott's Berry Farm used to be a family favorite of mine while I was growing up. I am not a huge fan of it now because they took out all of the rides that I really loved, but my family (mom, dad, sisters) still LOVE it there!

To me, it has a really good kiddie park, and thriller roller coasters. It seems to me that there is not much to do if you are an inbetweener like me...But I love the western feel to it, and it has a dynamite restaraunt called "Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaraunt"...it has become a tradition for us to have a breakfast or dinner there every time we go. I must admit that it has seemed to change lately like the poster above has said though. I did not know that it has changed hands....

We went when it was a really slow time (September) and there seemed like at times there was not a single soul there but us. In the summer time, it is more crowded, because the hours are longer, but I have never been during that time. I have been on a Saturday before, and it was doable, especially if you are there early when it opens. And you can easily do most everything in one day. We have never gone more than 1 day there, and usually spend 5 at Disneyland.

We usually stay at a Disney hotel, so I do not really know where to stay if you wanted to be right near Knott's.... I know there is a Radisson that is the official "Knotts" resort....and I am not sure about any hotel discounts, you can try there site though. It has a link to the hotel from the main Knott's webpage. We got some ticket discount coupons from our hotel concierge at the Grand Californian. I think most hotels will have these coupons. :wizard:

And I agree about the waterpark. We haven't been in summer so this has never been an option for us, but hey, if you are there at that time, try and give it a go!

If I could just tack on a quick question... How much time would be enough to see everything at Knotts in the middle of August? I think the park is open from 10AM till 10PM... If my wife and I, no kids, get there at park opening, what time could we expect to be finished by... We would be a having a big breakfast before getting to the park and only snack on munchies during the day... It would be nice if we could be done be dinner time, have that at Mrs Knotts Kitchen, and then head back Disneyland... Feasible? Or will we need to be there till park closing?

Thanks in advance

Sorry, I didn't get back to all of you sooner. Thank you so much for all the advice and comments. It's sounds like we should skip it and move on. Now on to my Disneyland vacation planning. pixiedust:

Our family thoroughly enjoyed Knott's Berry Farm during our trip in mid June '04. DH32, DD8,DS5 and myself35 from Hawaii!

We liked that the lines were not long, pace was easy, shows were great, especially Snoopy on Ice. We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, took a Coach tour to Knotts for the day. Before leaving the park, got to go chicken dinner and enjoyed it at the hotel.

This trip, July 4-15, '06 will also be going back to Knott's. I recommend it, especially if you want to go at a slower pace. Younger kids really enjoyed the Snoopy Camp area, lots to do for them. Adults and teens could ride again and again all the coasters. Silver Bullet coaster ride was being built stil in '04 so didn't try it yet, but will do on this trip, you can bet on that.

My recommendation is to stay near Disney since Knott's is so close by. It can be done in a day and you'll want to be near Disney for at least 3 days. Stay there so you can go back to the hotel during mid-day to rest.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter