Best Budget Hotel Offsite Options?

jennytablina

They Call Him Flash, Flash, Flash, Flashbeagle~
So I have family coming from the UK to see us in April, but money is a little bit tight - like we really need somewhere sub $100 a night.

I know Rosen Inn International has been okay in the past but does anyone here have any other budget options I could consider? Really I want to avoid any hidden surprise costs that make an advertised $50 stay turn into $90+ - we're Florida Residents and husband has an AP if that helps at all for finding good discounts.

Do they want to be near Disney or Universal?

You could look at renting a timeshare via ebay, tugbbs, redweek or skyauction.com

There are many b-grade timeshares you can get deals on that won't have resort, parking or other junk fees. You will have more space and a kitchen and be far more comfortable than the c-grade hotels you get at that price-point. The negative would be most of these would be transportation. but if you are driving them around, that won't be an issue.

If you put in a request at tugbbs, I'll bet someone will find you a good place at your pricepoint.

So I have family coming from the UK to see us in April, but money is a little bit tight - like we really need somewhere sub $100 a night.

I know Rosen Inn International has been okay in the past but does anyone here have any other budget options I could consider? Really I want to avoid any hidden surprise costs that make an advertised $50 stay turn into $90+ - we're Florida Residents and husband has an AP if that helps at all for finding good discounts.

Is this hotel for ALL of you or just yourfamily?
If all of you, will you have a vehicle that can carry everyone or will you need shuttles?
If just you, are you trying to stay near them?
Are you doing Disney or Universal or both?

April will be a wide range of prices due to spring breaks, what are your dates?

FL residents sometimes get special discounts but I've never seen them to be much especially during busy times. AP will only get you discounts on Disney property.

Is this hotel for ALL of you or just yourfamily?
If all of you, will you have a vehicle that can carry everyone or will you need shuttles?
If just you, are you trying to stay near them?
Are you doing Disney or Universal or both?

April will be a wide range of prices due to spring breaks, what are your dates?

FL residents sometimes get special discounts but I've never seen them to be much especially during busy times. AP will only get you discounts on Disney property.

Family are staying on property so it's just me and DH who need somewhere to stay. Near disney if poss - but willing to stay in Old Town/ Celebration or I-Drive if need be. We will be driving up to Orlando from Port St Lucie.

Looking to do 3-4 days from 22nd of April to 25th.

Last edited:

Its not the greatest in the world, but we really like it for the money.. Festiva Orlando Resort.
Its a very old time share, but its safe clean.. has a separate living full kitchen washer dryer for 50-60 a night. We only sleep there. The more money we save the more money on parks and such.

Last edited:
Family are staying on property so it's just me and DH who need somewhere to stay. Near disney if poss - but willing to stay in Old Town/ Celebration or I-Drive if need be. We will be driving up to Orlando from Port St Lucie.

Looking to do 3-4 days from 22nd of April to 25th.

I use Orbitz to start and that helps narrow in your range. Then you can check what it is direct with hotel or you could use Orbitz which currently offers additional 10% off.

Ones that came up ...

Baymont by Wyndham Celebration (back behind Animal Kingdom) for $50. DS2 has stayed there many times in the past with his high school team (he is a coach) and it has all the basics you need.

Several other Wyndhams are coming up really low down in Kissimmee.

Comfort Inn Maingate (also by AKL back entrance) is at $79

Maingate Lakeside is $44 (my DD stayed there with friends) also by AKL back entrance

Holiday Inn Resort and Waterpark shows as $90 might check direct with them, very easy in to parks

Courtyard by Marriott on Palm Parkway, a much nicer location and step up is at $103

Clarion Lake Buena Vista (a Rosen) is at $76. That is Palm Parkway by Disney Springs. I would def check into that one.

I use Orbitz to start and that helps narrow in your range. Then you can check what it is direct with hotel or you could use Orbitz which currently offers additional 10% off.

Ones that came up ...

Baymont by Wyndham Celebration (back behind Animal Kingdom) for $50. DS2 has stayed there many times in the past with his high school team (he is a coach) and it has all the basics you need.

Several other Wyndhams are coming up really low down in Kissimmee.

Comfort Inn Maingate (also by AKL back entrance) is at $79

Maingate Lakeside is $44 (my DD stayed there with friends) also by AKL back entrance

Holiday Inn Resort and Waterpark shows as $90 might check direct with them, very easy in to parks

Courtyard by Marriott on Palm Parkway, a much nicer location and step up is at $103

Clarion Lake Buena Vista (a Rosen) is at $76. That is Palm Parkway by Disney Springs. I would def check into that one.
I've stayed at the Baymont by Wyndham Celebration - although it's not fancy, it's clean and I was fine for an off-site stay. The biggest perk is it's a very very quick drive to Disney property. You go down Sherbeth road and viola!!! you're at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and a quick drive to Animal Kingdom.

Its not the greatest in the world, but we really like it for the money.. Festiva Orlando Resort.
Its a very old time share, but its safe clean.. has a separate living full kitchen washer dryer for 50-60 a night. We only sleep there. The more money we save the more money on parks and such.

IMO this looks much more comfortable & spacious than most onsite accomodations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter