Best Character Buffet Breakfast???

DaisyDuck66

A dream is a wish your heart makes!
Hi there! I can book my dining reservations next month and I would love to take our 1 year old to a character breakfast. Was thinking Chef Mickeys because I went there when I was young and loved it. However, I heard the food is not so great. I was hoping to do Chef Mickeys because it has the classic characters and we can get in all our photos and not have to wait in line at the parks for character sightings. But I am also thinking Cape May Cafe, Garden Grill, or Topolino's Terrace.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be helpful. Also, if you recently went to Chef Mickeys for breakfast, did you enjoy the food?

Thanks!

We do chef mickeys each year for tradition and the atmosphere but the good is just ok. However we also do Garden Grill each year and we truly love the good here. It’s AYCTE but it’s family style so you don’t get up and miss the characters. Plus the interactions are great and if you time it right you can run over to Soarin after with little wait. Our fave character meal

I think Chef Mickey's is better for breakfast than other meals. I don't think it is bad, but it is chaotic! We LOVE Crystal Palace, but that is Pooh characters. Tusker House is also good and is the classic characters. I've heard good things about TT but haven't been there yet....

We do LOTS of character meals each trip (mostly to be able to skip some M&Gs) and GG really is the best combination of great characters, great interactions and great food IMO. One year Mickey was at our table so long we literally were trying to think up ways to politely ask him to move on, lol. Chef Mickeys we do on our arrival day, it’s our “welcome to DW” meal, but it’s usually lunch or dinner. TH is great too, probably our second favorite.

Hi there! I can book my dining reservations next month and I would love to take our 1 year old to a character breakfast. Was thinking Chef Mickeys because I went there when I was young and loved it. However, I heard the food is not so great. I was hoping to do Chef Mickeys because it has the classic characters and we can get in all our photos and not have to wait in line at the parks for character sightings. But I am also thinking Cape May Cafe, Garden Grill, or Topolino's Terrace.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be helpful. Also, if you recently went to Chef Mickeys for breakfast, did you enjoy the food?

Thanks!

I think the food, in general, at the character buffets is pretty bad (except Tusker House lunch and dinner). I would choose Garden Grill or Topolino's (Topolino's has a much better atmosphere and menu, IMHO). Doing a served TS with a 1-year old is so much more convenient than the buffets. I found with buffets, when DS was younger, it was a lot of up and down at the buffet while one parent got food and the other babysat the child at the table - it just wasn't relaxing at all.

Honestly, I have been to all of the character dining meals with Mickey & friends and most of them are pretty equivalent.

Topolino’s Terrace (breakfast) is probably the best food, but not a buffet.

Hollywood & Vine (lunch and dinner), Tusker House, Chef Mickey’s, and Cape May Cafe (breakfast), all have good days and bad days but they’re all pretty typical Disney buffets. The layout of Cape May Cafe is a little nicer in my opinion since it’s a square instead of a long line, but the food? About the same.

‘Ohana breakfast was very bland and not as much selection as the normal buffets. I have only been to Garden Grill once for dinner. The food and character experiences were both the worst I’ve had for character meals.

2 more votes for Tusker House and Garden Grill here. The food at Tusker House is good and it’s got a bit of a different feel, character outsiders are pretty cool as well.

GC is a much more relaxed character breakfast I find, much quieter and because they bring the food to you, no danger of missing any characters, we also find the food to be decent and better than Chef Mickeys.

We have done Cape May and Garden Grill and enjoyed both of them. Food was good at both but I think the character interactions were better at GG. The characters came by at least twice.

My pick is Crystal Palace set for 1 hour or 45 minutes before park opening. Then you can head immediately to a ride or another character visit of your choice. First several hours in the park (low crowds) should allow you to knock out alot of rides, and work off the overindulgence of a buffet.
If classic characters is the determining factor Tusker House it is.

Last edited:
I am also thinking Cape May Cafe, Garden Grill, or Topolino's Terrace.
Something to keep in mind, Topolino's and Garden Grill are table service. sometimes buffets can be tough with little ones when parents leave the table.
You can also work ADR's at Tusker House for breakfast and lunch, if you book your ADR at the end of breakfast as they change over to lunch.

Garden Grill and Bon Voyage. I much prefer food served instead of buffet lines where one of us is always gone getting food or helping our daughter get food. Plus buffets kind of creep me out (but I’m a germaphobe :) ). Trying Topolinos over Spring Break!

We did Topolinos last month and the food and characters were great! Thinking we'll bring our DGD2 here in Sept. I've done all the character meals and other than that being pretty much the best, GG breakfast never disappoints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter