Best days to fly???

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
Does anyone know what days of the week are the cheapest to fly? I am trying to plan a trip back to the US for my son and I this summer and the airfares are so high. I thought I had heard that it is cheaper to fly on certain days of the week. Can anyone help?

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Did you post this question on the Transportation Board? I would think someone would know over there. Southwest has cheaper rates for Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays but I don't know about the other airlines.

T-W-Th are cheapest in general, but you see a lot of cheaper flights on Weds up here in MN

Depends on the airline, but typically Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the least expensive...those are not big business travel days like Monday and Friday or vacation travel days like the weekends.

I have heard that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are supposed to be the least expensive and least crowded days to fly.

Thanks. I will look into those days. Would it stand to reason that Tuesday's and Wednesday's would be cheaper on the return flight as well?

Wish me luck....I am trying to find R/T flights for around $400! (I know, may be impossible, but a girl can dream.)

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I have been watching airfares to Europe and find that by not flying to or from on Friday/Sat/SUn/Mon it appears to be much cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter