Best Disneyworld Walking Shoes? (Opinions)

We went two years ago and I was really concerned about achy feet. Just one day of walking is usually 7 miles!

I brought tennis shoes, but ended up wearing Sketcher raggae rastas. They have tons of support, are open sandels but are backless so no blisters. I wore these two days in a row and ended up giving them to my daughter so she could have relief from the shoes she brought.

I highly recommend these shoes. I was shocked after two days of walking 12 miles and I had HAPPY FEET! :cool1:

I actually asked at a lot of stores what shoes were best and I ended up buying these Nike Air Max shoes and are they amazing!!! I was there for 10 days and was on my feet all day and night and my feet didn't hurt at all... NO BLISTERS!!! and I was prepared too.. I bought that moleskin tape and never used it :banana: I highly recommend these shoes and now won't buy anything else...

I actually asked at a lot of stores what shoes were best and I ended up buying these Nike Air Max shoes and are they amazing!!! I was there for 10 days and was on my feet all day and night and my feet didn't hurt at all... NO BLISTERS!!! and I was prepared too.. I bought that moleskin tape and never used it :banana: I highly recommend these shoes and now won't buy anything else...

Agree! There are several Air Max..always works out better for me to buy more expensive one...wait or sale online and size always the same with these...
I also love Merrell mules...dry fast and never a blister, the ones with a mesh covering...have them in four colors, grab them whenever on sale! Last for years?,

For me its all about the classic 80s vans slipons. :thumbsup2

11.jpg

I have been wearing broken in flip flops for the past few years. They have the cloth thong not the rubber. I bought them at Kmart years ago and find that they work best for me.

I went that route last September, took my two most worn and favorite pairs of flip flops - one with cloth on the inside of the straps - and ended up with ridiculous blisters, from the very first day. :faint: I lived in those flipflops for two summers and couldn't believe I got blisters. Now I'm hunting for something for our upcoming trip. I wear skirts on most days, and would prefer something that looks somewhat cute with those. :confused:

KEENs! I have KEEN Whisper and KEEN Paradise (in a sandal and a MaryJane style). I have worn them all over Disney World, Washington DC and New York City and they are amazing. My feet never hurt, and I've walked MILES per day in them (in DC alone we walked from the Capitol building to the Lincoln Memorial and back again). For sneakers, I always wear New Balance. Usually I alternate between the 3 on trips.

I wore my tennis shoes that I'd broken in after a whole summer of working at an amusement park. They not only lasted through four 10 hour days and one 5 hour day a week for three months where my job was literally walking around all day, but worked fantastically at WDW too. Never felt bad in them in the slightest. (In fact, I'm not at all looking forward to getting rid of them but I don't think they can take another summer of working/walking full time :()

They only cost me $40 and are Champion brand.

This is going to sound crazy, but I have to take LOTS of shoes to Disney with me. I have severe PF, that has become a disability. I have Nikes I paid $150 for that give me less comfort than Crocs. However, I have to wear them lately due to a new flareup of PF. How did this flareup come about? Sketchers Shape Ups. I bought them to take the pressure off my heels, and the PF went into my ankle and I thought my foot was broken. I am now on high doses of Prednisone! Grrrr.... Oh well. Some people love the Shape ups! My doctors said DO NOT WEAR THEM! They may be fine for some people, but any change to my gait, and it will result in flareups. So anyway, in order to stop my feet from swelling till I have no ankles, I have to bring lots of shoes. The Nikes will probably start my day with a nice insert, then I will change to Crocs. I will always have 2 different pairs on hand just in case one is uncomfortable. These last couple weeks I have bought 2 pairs of Malindi Crocs (and am bidding on one more, and may buy one more from Amazon), 1 pair of Croc band sandals, 2 pairs of Teva Mush Flip Flops, 1 pair of Crocs Capris, and one pair of Crocs Havanas which are more of a dressy Croc. I know that sounds like a lot (oh yeah, I will have to have a pair of regular crocband flats, and maybe a pair of the regular beach ones), but it is imperative with my disorder. Even a slight change in the amount of tread on the bottom can seriously mess up my feet. Biggest expense in my house besides the house itself, cars, food, and Disney? My feet.

You might want to try a pair of OluKai Ohana flip flops. I swear they cured my plantar fasciitis. PF used to give me fits, but I haven't had a flare up since I started wearing the OluKai Ohanas. I still do the stretches before getting out of bed most of the time and of course never go barefooted even in the house, but my PF hasn't bothered me in well over a year.

I have a pair of sneakers that are the ugliest, most beat-up things you ever saw. I only wear them to WDW because they don't hurt my feet and don't give me blisters. They go in the closet after every trip, only to see the light of day when I'm going again. I've taken to writing my trip dates on them with a Sharpie. The one time in 2011 I didn't wear them I had the blister from heck.

Save your old sneakers!

Shoes are such a personal fit as everybody's feet are different.

As I have done the parks in my Danner steel toe boots.

I'd say go to a shoe store a real one and get your feet looked at to see what kind of arch/foot you have and then get shoes that meet that need. I'd also say get shoes that cost a bit of money. As a runner I know there is a big difference in $30 shoes from Wal Mart to $120 shoes made by Nike.

Its not so much the brand but what fits you and a quality pair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter