Best DVC resort to get McRib?

How was Arby’s?
exquisite, The ambiance of the lights from the giant brown 10 gallon hat signage twinkled just so in the wife's eyes as I gazed at her as she flirtingly dipped her perfectly seasoned curly fries in horsey sauce ...... memorable meal, memorable evening, I wish it never had to end. Thanks for asking! :)

Guess what?

McRib is BACK! Woo-hoo!!

I am booked at AKL thanks to the helpful advice from those on the boards.

DSSR was way too far from McDonalds and not that convenient.
This thread has left me with so many queries, with the main one being - do you time your Disney World trips to the annual release of the McRib? And did you book your resort solely on its proximity to the closest McDonalds? And do you only have your McRib on vacation or do you live close enough to a McDonalds at home that you could have more than one per season? I suspect that despite what McDonalds says in their advertising, they will always have the McRib. This also makes me wonder what other restaurants at WDW you like to eat at (other than Flying Fish, I saw that you were unimpressed with it) or do you prefer to only eat McRib while in Florida? I do applaud your dedication to your favourite sandwich.

I have never had this delicacy, could you provide me with a couple reasons as to why I should try one?

Last edited:
This thread has left me with so many queries, with the main one being - do you time your Disney World trips to the annual release of the McRib? And did you book your resort solely on its proximity to the closest McDonalds? And do you only have your McRib on vacation or do you live close enough to a McDonalds at home that you could have more than one per season? I suspect that despite what McDonalds says in their advertising, they will always have the McRib.

I have never had this delicacy, could you provide me with a couple reasons as to why I should try one?
McDonalds is garbage (as with any fast food), but i do admit the McRib is phenomenal. lol
Once in a while i just can't help but eat that garbage. :)

McDonalds is garbage (as with any fast food), but i do admit the McRib is phenomenal. lol
Once in a while i just can't help but eat that garbage. :)
The only time I eat McDonalds, or any fast food for that matter, is while overseas as it's much better, imo. I do pass a McDonalds on my way home from work so maybe I will try one of these while they are available.

If I have one, I will dedicate my meal to @Spivey378 and will post a review as well.

The only time I eat McDonalds, or any fast food for that matter, is while overseas as it's much better, imo. I do pass a McDonalds on my way home from work so maybe I will try one of these while they are available.

If I have one, I will dedicate my meal to @Spivey378 and will post a review as well.
Yes, i would imagine they are much better (health-wise) overseas, but may not taste as good. lol

just need extra sauce - don't let them try to tell you it's the same as the BBQ sauce for nuggets.

If you have a car and want a truly memorable dining experience …
Oralndo does have the Worlds Largest McDs location with 3 levels including an Arcade and expanded menu with Pizza (very good) and spaghetti and more .
It’s across the street from that giant electronic sign billboard with Tron design So cool at night but also amazing in the daylight!

93370999-2BEF-4A78-8E20-B3F1D21B1BFC.png

McRib acquired.

I chose the Vineland Ave location as it was closest to DSSR resort at 2.2 miles even though it only had a 28% approval rating. It took me 13 minutes to get there by car. I would NOT recommend staying at DSSR if staying at a resort that is in close proximity to McDonalds/McRib is important to you. AKL is better as others have pointed out.

I arrived at 10:45 and they were not yet selling the McRib. Due to the long journey, the battery of my car was depleted. Thankfully there is a Supercharger nearby. I left to charge my car for 10 minutes and arrived back at McDonald’s at 11:10.

I placed my order at the self service kiosk and received order number 1003. It took 3 minutes to receive my McRib.

As you can see from the photo it looks great. I always like to guess how many pickles I will get. I lifted the top bun and saw zero onions and zero pickle, which was very disconcerting. However, I noticed that the pickles and onions were adjacent the bottom bun, which I felt was an interesting choice and commend the cook for thinking outside the box. I received two pickles, which made me happy. There were approximately 30 onion slices about 0.5 inches in average length.

The bun was quite soft. I couldn’t measure the modulus of elasticity, however. The sauce was nice and thick, with a viscosity of about 15,879 SSU at 69 degrees F.

The sauce had a good smoky flavor but not overwhelming. The shape of the ribs conformed quite nicely to actual ribs. The meat had a wonderfully pleasant texture.

There was no pixie dust, unfortunately.

In other notes, the McDonalds is next door to a helipad where you can get helicopter tours. A McRib would be a nice pre- or post-tour snack. I wouldn’t recommend eating a McRib during the flight because they are messy.

The McDonalds is also close to Parc Solei. If you get stuck at a long Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare session you could have a McRib to recover.

All-in-all I give the McRib a 4.3/5.

I also went to Flying Fish which was okay and give a 2.6/5.

View attachment 719900
Best trip report I’ve seen. Ever.

McRib acquired.

I chose the Vineland Ave location as it was closest to DSSR resort at 2.2 miles even though it only had a 28% approval rating. It took me 13 minutes to get there by car. I would NOT recommend staying at DSSR if staying at a resort that is in close proximity to McDonalds/McRib is important to you. AKL is better as others have pointed out.

I arrived at 10:45 and they were not yet selling the McRib. Due to the long journey, the battery of my car was depleted. Thankfully there is a Supercharger nearby. I left to charge my car for 10 minutes and arrived back at McDonald’s at 11:10.

I placed my order at the self service kiosk and received order number 1003. It took 3 minutes to receive my McRib.

As you can see from the photo it looks great. I always like to guess how many pickles I will get. I lifted the top bun and saw zero onions and zero pickle, which was very disconcerting. However, I noticed that the pickles and onions were adjacent the bottom bun, which I felt was an interesting choice and commend the cook for thinking outside the box. I received two pickles, which made me happy. There were approximately 30 onion slices about 0.5 inches in average length.

The bun was quite soft. I couldn’t measure the modulus of elasticity, however. The sauce was nice and thick, with a viscosity of about 15,879 SSU at 69 degrees F.

The sauce had a good smoky flavor but not overwhelming. The shape of the ribs conformed quite nicely to actual ribs. The meat had a wonderfully pleasant texture.

There was no pixie dust, unfortunately.

In other notes, the McDonalds is next door to a helipad where you can get helicopter tours. A McRib would be a nice pre- or post-tour snack. I wouldn’t recommend eating a McRib during the flight because they are messy.

The McDonalds is also close to Parc Solei. If you get stuck at a long Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare session you could have a McRib to recover.

All-in-all I give the McRib a 4.3/5.

I also went to Flying Fish which was okay and give a 2.6/5.

View attachment 719900
one of the best food reviews I have seen in a while. Hoping the Dis boards can live up to it on their next reviews. Not just " i liked it, it had a tangy flavour"
well done.
Now if you can make your way to Nova Scotia and do a review on the lobster roll they have there. Would love to hear your take on it.

If you have a car and want a truly memorable dining experience …
Oralndo does have the Worlds Largest McDs location with 3 levels including an Arcade and expanded menu with Pizza (very good) and spaghetti and more .
It’s across the street from that giant electronic sign billboard with Tron design So cool at night but also amazing in the daylight!

View attachment 801937
I really hope the pizza recipe has changed from their original one in the 1980’s. That pizza was not good.

I don’t know how to respond to a 1980 slice of pizza comment …
Got anything to report on the McRib ?
I might need update on that .
Thanks

I don’t know how to respond to a 1980 slice of pizza comment …
Got anything to report on the McRib ?
I might need update on that .
Thanks
I'll be at DW the weekend before Thanksgiving. I'm praying that McDonald's still has McRib then. I haven't gotten one here in Ohio yet. If I do get one I will post an update.

regarding the pizza at Mcdonalds... There is a podcast called "Whatever Happened to the Pizza at Mcdonalds?" and it is top notch investigative journalism

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter