Best Fish Extender gift received?

Hi :confused3

So, if there are 60 families on the list, with an average of 3 people per family and 2 nights of gift giving, that's 360 gifts??? I'm confused! And then you have to bring those 360 gifts to 60 cabins? Am I wrong?

I really want to participate but I can't bring 360 even little trinkets! HELP! What do you guys do?:confused3

So, if there are 60 families on the list, with an average of 3 people per family and 2 nights of gift giving, that's 360 gifts??? I'm confused! And then you have to bring those 360 gifts to 60 cabins? Am I wrong?

I really want to participate but I can't bring 360 even little trinkets! HELP! What do you guys do?:confused3

Hi! There are no specific number of days of gift giving...you give when you want to at some point throughout your cruise. You don't have to give everything out the same day, you can spread it out over the course of the cruise at your leisure. Some FE groups might designate a time-frame, but that's not the case with ours that I am aware. That being said, if you are gifting to 60 cabins, you can decide how and to whom you wish to gift. For example, you can gift to everyone in each cabin OR you can gift to a few in the cabin OR maybe only to the children OR maybe to only the adults OR maybe even one gift per stateroom. Who you gift to is entirely up to you. But if you commit to 60 cabins, it would appropriate to gift to AT LEAST to each of the 60 cabins.

Also, the number of items that you give has nothing to do with the number of days that you distribute them. The FE only has to do with the number of cabins or people or combination of gifts that you wish to give. So in your example of # of gifts multiplied times number of days you give out your gifts, is incorrect. I hope that helps! If not, ask again and we'll try to help:)

P.S. Some FE's may end up splitting their list. For example, ours is divided into groups...we have one group of those who wish to give to 20 cabins, another group who wish to 40 cabins and so on, including one list who has no bar and wishes to gift to an unlimited number of cabins/people.

I love these threads! I am overwhelmed trying to decide what to make for our cruise, but at the same time, super excited! I haven't done anything "crafty" in years and now I can't stop looking up stuff to make.

popcorn:: I am right there with you. So many ideas! Large glasses for the drink station with a KY Derby theme (being from KY and the derby 2 days after the cruise)? Little bottles of Maker's Mark? Homemade fabric luggage tags with a Mickey theme (which I was thinking of doing before reading this thread)? Magnets seem quite popular. Maybe a Derby magnet? What to do, what to do?? :confused3

5cangleys said:

My FE group has 15 cabins plus ours. I am giving one adult gift per cabin, plus one generic gift per cabin, and then one gift to each child in the cabins.

My problem is I cannot seem to limit myself after reading and seeing all of your terrific things. I have ended up making coasters, frames, keychains, bookmarks, magnets, pirate creeds, journals, autograph books and paperbag scrapooks. I have bought small bottles of booze, first aid kits in a water proof container, felt color pages, lip balm, sharpies, koozies dry erase boards and small basketball hoops for the teen boys. We only ave 7 cabins that want to join and no one is flying. I guess I figured the sky is the limit! I have been having a blast searching for the ideas and making the stuff. Nothing uniqe, but all useful I hope!

tictoc said:
My problem is I cannot seem to limit myself after reading and seeing all of your terrific things. I have ended up making coasters, frames, keychains, bookmarks, magnets, pirate creeds, journals, autograph books and paperbag scrapooks. I have bought small bottles of booze, first aid kits in a water proof container, felt color pages, lip balm, sharpies, koozies dry erase boards and small basketball hoops for the teen boys. We only ave 7 cabins that want to join and no one is flying. I guess I figured the sky is the limit! I have been having a blast searching for the ideas and making the stuff. Nothing uniqe, but all useful I hope!

I hear ya! We had a ton of cabins last May for my first FE. I brought bottles of rum for the guys, made Mickey head soap for the women, movie theater candy boxes for the teens plus flashlight keychains for older teens or young adults. Toy Story color wonder sets for the kids, plus candy. That's just the stuff I remember, there was more. The FE stuff took up one large suitcase by itself! Delivering that on the Fantasy was a challenge!!!

What a fun thing to participate in :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I hear ya! We had a ton of cabins last May for my first FE. I brought bottles of rum for the guys, made Mickey head soap for the women, movie theater candy boxes for the teens plus flashlight keychains for older teens or young adults. Toy Story color wonder sets for the kids, plus candy. That's just the stuff I remember, there was more. The FE stuff took up one large suitcase by itself! Delivering that on the Fantasy was a challenge!!!

What a fun thing to participate in :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

delivering FE is a fun way to burn all those calories.... :goodvibes:lmao:

I'm hoping we don't have too, too many people because I think I want to make a couple of things this time.

These are all such great ideas! Thank heavens for these boards for the great ideas I'm getting! Now I have to really start thinking about what to do for my very first FE exchange! DD is going to be so excited!

Jumba - you can go here for a FE explanation: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32651483&postcount=378

Something I am keeping my eyes peeled for is a cheap magnetic message board for the cruiseroom door, so friends can leave messages.

Not sure if you have Dollar Tree stores near you-but I just bought a magnetic white board that was about the size of printer paper last week (of course, only $1)! I'm adding a sticker to it and putting it on my door--not that I really expect anyone to leave a message on it, but I liked the idea from another person! :-)

Check out the ideas on Pinterest.com! I love them all! IF YOU ARE ON SEPT.14th FANTASY CRUISE DO NOT READ-- we used our Presidents' Day discount at the disney store and bought a bunch of Disney's reusable tote bags! I use all mine for everything- I'm excited to give them to our FE group :) they had so many different designs -- the villains, princesses, tink, Rapunzel, jasmine, toy story, wreck it Ralph, jake and the never land pirates, cars, brave-- A TON! I bought a little of everything :) we are also giving all the kids glow sticks-- that way they can use it on the ship and throw away and not worry about having room to pack :)

I've only been in one FE before, and there were only about eight families. My favorite gifts were personalized t-shirts and a scrap book that was ready to be filled with pictures. One of the things we gave away were waterproof disposable cameras. We bought them in bulk on Amazon. I thought it was something different, especially since even digital cameras aren't waterproof and younger kids could play around with it without worries of breaking it :)

Thanks for all of your advise, I have recieved picture frames, key chains, magnets..etc..but nothing unusual, still trying to figure out some gifts for the guys on my list!

folding drinking tray is interesting. I NEVER would've come up with something like that. Was it like one you would get at a fast food restaurant or was it something they made?

Yes, and very useful when you needed more than 2 drinks. One time we got 1 it had a handle.

gydell said:
Yes, and very useful when you needed more than 2 drinks. One time we got 1 it had a handle.

Do you have a picture???? That would be cool to give.

Someone gave those reusable plastic insulated cups with lid and straw with our cruise logo on the front. Use mine every night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter