Best hair product for curly hair in FL humidity?

I use Aussie Sprunch spray. I spray it in while my hair is wet and let it air dry, no frizz. I love it. I don't like to spend much time on my hair and this stuff is perfect.

A friend of mine recommended Paul Mitchell mousse and Hair Repair and the mousse worked nicely for my daughter - until she took it to a convention and her friends used it all! I can't even find the Hair Repair but I wondered if the generic at Sally's was close to the Paul Mitchell products or a rip off. Where else might I find the PM cheap??

I have found that hair creme tames frizz the best:thumbsup2

Matrix Sleek Look Styling Creme - Extreme

or

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine

I have very thick, curly hair and I find that putting liquid gel in VERY WET hair works the best. Whichever products you decide to use, make sure you put it in your hair right when you get our of the shower.

Also, don't put a towel on your hair when it's wet. If you want to squeeze the water out use a t-shirt or microfiber towel.

I really like AnGel by Deva products. Otherwise the curly gel from Garnier and Pantene work too as long as you use it on WET hair. Good luck.

I use Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz Milk (the name isn't precise but it's close). It works great for me. :thumbsup2

I have very curly hair and what I do is to shower the night before. I always use either the Paul Mitchel detangler conditioner or the biolage conditioning balm after I shampoo. While its still very damp I put Pantene mousse throughout the whole headI then scrunch it all up into a bunlike blob on the top of my head and go to bed.

In the morning I take out the blob and the hair is almost dry but with nice curls not crunchy ones and they usually dont frizz throughout the day too bad.

I can never take a shower in the A.M. then blow dry or anything. It just doesnt work so my showers are always done night before.

If I have to shower and run. I still put the mousse in but the hair goes up lol

Hope that helps.

I realized fighting the frizz is a losing battle. :rotfl: And that was after 5 years of living in between Florida and the former swamp known as Wash DC.

I get it soaking wet and then comb through a Garnier leave in conditioner. Then I load up on gel and scrunch, and let it dry naturally. My hair is now in a chin length shag, so an elastic is not anywhere near an option. The reason I cut it off, I was sick and tired of the banana clip that held it off my face when it was bobbed.

I have very thick and curly hair. I use GARNIER FRUCTIS STYLE STRONG SOFT CURL. This stuff cuts way down on the frizz and does not make your hair look wet or feel heavy.

648_pd445233_1.jpg

i have long curly hair. I'm hoping to re cut my hair into layers and wear it straight . If i flat iron it will it still frizz? I'm going in Nov 14-23 will it be real humid???

Hi Dreamin, I think if you flatten your hair it might last a little while but if your hair usually frizzes then it will undoubtably start to curl up. How fast will depend on how your hair usually is and the weather.

I dont even attempt to straighten in Fl because I know it wont last and then I have to put it up anyway as it starts to do that funky frizz thing on its own. It ends up looking worse than if I hadnt straightened it :eek:

I also have to use a ton of product to keep it straight and when I am in the parks, up and down on rides, sweating :sunny: and maybe getting wet (like on splash mnt):umbrella: it never is a good thing to have a neck full of sweaty sticky product YUCK

Have a great time without worrying about your hair. Do it the best way to keep it out of the way and easy all day. Believe me you dont want the hassle :thumbsup2

I swear by Biolage Gelee'!!!! It's a MATRIX product! You used to only be able to get it in salons, but recently spotted it in a Target. I always load up the gelee while my hair still has a good share of water in it after washing (Biolage Hydrating Shampoo)/conditioning (Biolage Ultra Hydrating Conditioning Balm)....no towel drying! The more mositure you lock in the better! Check out the pic to the left...this was taken at the Aloha Dinner Show! Curls look pretty good! Right!? I do a lot of ponies during our trips though too! Always keep a scrunchie on your arm!!!!

a scrunchy!!

I have pretty curly hair, we live in TN and have high humidity, but nowhere NEAR the kind in FL. We'll be visiting in Sept. and I know it's going to be Hot and humid. So those of you experienced with super-high humidity - what is your favorite product to use in curly hair to tame the frizz and keep it looking great?

Do you both have natural curls? I have really thick hair and it is naturally curly and looking for some products.

I use Sunsilk Anti-Frizz (green) shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner and mouse. I also use my ionic ceramic hair dryer and then I bring my ponytail holder with just in case. Usually start out with a headband and then go to the ponytail holder in the end after swimming in the afternoon. Good luck!

My dh calls me "Monica" when we go somewhere hot/humid too! He laughed so hard when he saw that Friends episode. He couldn't believe how much it looked like my hair. Nice, huh?

Do you both have natural curls? I have really thick hair and it is naturally curly and looking for some products.

I love the Curls Rock line by TIGI. I use the Shampoo and Conditioner then when my hair is really wet I put on the booster and then the amplifyer it works. I think there is a picture of me on this tread with my curls. I have very thick very curly hair.

Can you wait until I get back from Universal on sunday? The current plan is ponytail, with biotera glaze and fake sebastian potion 9.

It's so weird how different our hair can be. I've tried about 90% of the products posted, and none of them have worked for me. I'm having the best luck with Claypac's Curl Serum I get from my hairdresser. It has starch in it (sad that I have to starch my hair curly!!!!)

I actually ran out and my hairdresser had to order it and it took 4 days. I kept having people asking me, not so nicely, "what have you done to your hair"

I have thick, naturally curly, coarse hair and usually flat iron but have realized that the flat iron is a waste of time in Florida so now I go curly. My hairdresser told me to always put a leave in conditioner in first and then use my styling product. A friend of mine just bought something called Kick *** curls which she swears by because it makes her curls very soft. I'm not sure who makes it but it's in a hot pink bottle.

I've been reading along and getting some great info, unfortunately I still try to flat iron my hair in Florida. The chin length cuts are soo cute but I refuse to cut my shoulder length hair because I may need to pull it back in a pony while I'm down at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter