Best Hotel for 2 Adults

BeckyEsq

Mouseketeer.
What would you recommend as the best hotel for 2 adults, age 30 (not counting GC as it is out of our price range).

I am currently booked at PPH but I am thinking about switching to one of the Good Neighbor Hotels to save some $$$.

I like the Sheraton Anaheim - it's located near the Disneyland Resort, and you can see pics of it in a thread I have stuck at the top of this board for Good Neighbor Hotels. The Anaheim Marriott is also a nice hotel. If you are looking for something more moderate, the Coast is really nice, and so is the Howard Johnson Hotel.

for my $$$ HoJo's is the best choice-

at tripadvisor.com those who have submitted reviews over time list HoJo's #2 only behind the Grand Californian. You won't be staying at a posh resort but rather one that's clean, has friendly staff & larger than average rooms. It's only a 7-10 min walk to Dl. Great Value !!

Mary Jo, is that walking distance? We don't want to waste time with a shuttle.

Also, do the Disney owned resorts have early entry? We'll be there Sat and Sun.

Another question -- are there pedestrian walkways or sidewalks from the Good Neighbor hotels? Or do you have to play frogger crossing the street?

The Sheraton & Coast are really not within walking distance.

The Howard Johnson is within walking distance, however, it's a bit of a walk 7-10 minutes (if you're used to walking it's no big deal). The Howard Johnson also has a nice quiet pool (I have pics in the Good Neighbor thread at the top). The other hotels that are right across the street have very little property to speak of - just parking areas and tiny pools. The Howard Johnson, Ramada Inn Maingate, Tropicana, & Park Inn have the best pools in the walking distance hotels, in my opinion. Another good choice is the Candy Cane Inn - small property but pretty, and great service.

What are you looking for when you say adults only?

In order to get the early entry, you need to purchase a package that includes 3+ day park hoppers. You can get these with or without the rooms, but you need to get them through Disney, or through a travel agency that books through Disney, like Dreams Unlimited or AAA.

When I say 2 adults only I mean we don't need character meals, kiddie pools, cribs, suites, and we don't mind walking. I just want a nice hotel, a decent pool, and a quick walk to the parks so we don't waste our time. Right now our ressies at PPH are for concierge at $260 a night, so I am considering a switch that would save us at least $100 a night from what I can tell.

We only got two day park hopper passes. We'll be getting in around 4 on Friday evening, so I thought we'd just do DTD that night. What time will we be allowed into DL on Saturday with no early entry? I think we'll do CA on Sunday.

Thanks for all your help!

colosirt said:
When I say 2 adults only I mean we don't need character meals, kiddie pools, cribs, suites, and we don't mind walking. I just want a nice hotel, a decent pool, and a quick walk to the parks so we don't waste our time. Right now our ressies at PPH are for concierge at $260 a night, so I am considering a switch that would save us at least $100 a night from what I can tell.

We only got two day park hopper passes. We'll be getting in around 4 on Friday evening, so I thought we'd just do DTD that night. What time will we be allowed into DL on Saturday with no early entry? I think we'll do CA on Sunday.

Thanks for all your help!

I stand corrected......HoJo's is listed at #3 not #2
go to tripadvisor.com type in howard johnson's anaheim & read the
wonderful reviews. There must be at least 10 that have been submitted
in the last 2 weeks. The manager of the hotel even made a response to a review. To me this shows the mgmt cares about his guests.
I really think you will enjoy the HoJo's alot. Again not fancy but you will save over $120.00 a night !!!!!
For that savings you can go to the Napa Rose and eat a wonderful meal that you will probably remember for a lifetime.

colosirt said:
Mary Jo, is that walking distance? We don't want to waste time with a shuttle.

Also, do the Disney owned resorts have early entry? We'll be there Sat and Sun.

The Sheraton is not walking distance.

There are sidewalks all over the area and crosswalks at all the lighted corners including the one that crosse Harbor Blvd directly into the resort.

Nice hotel, close proxity, nice pool
Howard Johnson (2 pools, including quiet pool in nice surroundings, interior corridors, reputation for great service)
Tropicana (close to the park and has a decent pool, continental breakfast)
Best Western Park Place Inn (closest hotel to park, very small pool, deluxe continental breakfast)
Candy Cane Inn (small pool, excellent service, deluxe continental breakfast served)
Park Inn International (pool on roof w/view of DL across the street - you could watch fireworks from there)
Ramada Inn Maingate (economy hotel, nice pool, simple continental breakfast, fast food available-Chinese, pizza, & burgers, I think)

Today, that's my preference list for hotels within walking distance

Thanks so much everyone!

If we stay at a Good Neighbor hotel, what's the best way to get our park passes?

How many days do you want to be at Disney?
When will you be there ?
Are you planning on visiting Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World Or the San Diego Zoo as well ?

there are a few different options depending on the answers to my questions above....

We are taking a cruise from Monday-Friday, touring LA on Friday, then going to DL Friday night -- plan is to get park tickets for Sat and Sun -- DL Sat and CA on Sun, and then we are taking a redeye home on Sun night.

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Originally booked at GC, however in order to save some $, we opted to stay offsite. Sure, the GC looked wonderful, but my DH was quite pleased that we saved over $150 a night by staying at CCI.

CCI was very nice. We had a nice clean room (137). The staff was friendly and even left some cookies in our room since it was my bday. The walk was easy, but there was a bus that ran every 1/2 hour if you didn't want to walk. It took us about 10 minutes to walk. The CCI is on the same side of the street at DL, so there are nice sidewalks to walk along and only one street to cross. There are other hotels across the street such as HoJo's, Residence Inn, etc. The pool at CCI is small. There's a hot tub, small pool and a kiddie pool. Every morning they served a continental breakfast with muffins, bagels, toast, cereal & fruit. Of course, there's also coffee, tea, juice & milk.

Overall, I give the CCI a thumbs up. I would stay there again and we certainly saved a lot in room expenses, plus we never had to buy breakfast for 5 people. I paid $97 a night for the Deluxe room.

I don't know about buying your tix. We got AP's, so we just bought at the gate. Good luck, have fun & enjoy wherever you decide to stay! :cheer2:

Wow. I just reserved Howard Johnson for $67 a night! That's a $200 a night savings!

BeckyEsq said:
Wow. I just reserved Howard Johnson for $67 a night! That's a $200 a night savings!

now you can spend some of that savings at the 'Napa Rose" :cool1:

RalphMouth said:
now you can spend some of that savings at the 'Napa Rose" :cool1:

Actually, I think I am going to use the money to justify the purchase of the digital camera I have been wanting to get. That way I can share my pictures in my trip report, right?

BeckyEsq said:
Actually, I think I am going to use the money to justify the purchase of the digital camera I have been wanting to get. That way I can share my pictures in my trip report, right?

sounds even better :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter