• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Lounge to watch fireworks?

Donald-Duck-QUACK-TASTIC

Earning My Ears
Are there any lounges that have a view of the fireworks at any of the parks? I ask about lounges specifically because we will have twin 6 month olds and a 4 year old so eating at the fancier restaurants like the one on top of Riviera is not going to happen.

I need somewhere we can go in, sit, order some overpriced food my kids won't eat, watch some fireworks while changing diapers for the 57th time that day, then bail out after one of my 5 kids accidentally spills there drink for the 3rd time.

There really aren't any lounges that offer views of the fireworks. You used to be able to go to the lounge at Cali Grill and see the fireworks from there, but they've switched to a very pricey pre-fixe menu and the lounge option no longer exists. There are a few locations at the monorail resorts that you can view the fireworks without being in the parks - Contemporary 4th floor observation deck, the beaches and marina at Poly and the boat dock/beach/marina at Grand Floridian. If you want to have something to eat around fireworks time, consider going to Gasparilla's QS at Grand Floridian and just watching the fireworks from the marina area. You won't be able to park at GF without an ADR however (unless you are staying there), so you would need to plan on using Disney transportation to access any resort areas (if you are a non-guest) for fireworks viewing.

There really aren't any lounges that offer views of the fireworks. You used to be able to go to the lounge at Cali Grill and see the fireworks from there, but they've switched to a very pricey pre-fixe menu and the lounge option no longer exists. There are a few locations at the monorail resorts that you can view the fireworks without being in the parks - Contemporary 4th floor observation deck, the beaches and marina at Poly and the boat dock/beach/marina at Grand Floridian. If you want to have something to eat around fireworks time, consider going to Gasparilla's QS at Grand Floridian and just watching the fireworks from the marina area. You won't be able to park at GF without an ADR however (unless you are staying there), so you would need to plan on using Disney transportation to access any resort areas (if you are a non-guest) for fireworks viewing.

Wow thank you for reply. This is really great information!

Have you or anyone else watched the fireworks from the fourth floor observation level at contemporary? Curious how good the view is. We own a bay lake tower but the top of the world lounge is closed.

If you're staying at BLT, I'd take the monorail to Poly and watch it from the beach. We did that recently with our almost 2 year old and it was perfect. He played in the sand with other kids while we waited - some kids that didn't care anything about the fireworks continued to run around and play while the fireworks went off.

Anytime I can find space at Disney for him to safely run around and be a toddler, I'm thrilled.

Wow thank you for reply. This is really great information!

Have you or anyone else watched the fireworks from the fourth floor observation level at contemporary? Curious how good the view is. We own a bay lake tower but the top of the world lounge is closed.

We actually just watched from there last week. It's a very nice view but you won't be able to see the projections and, since the show is meant to be watched from the front of the castle, the fireworks are a bit off. They appear more like they are by Space Mountain. There are 4 or so benches towards the front where people can sit and those are better views since they aren't obstructed by the monorail. We got there last minute but I thought it was a great alternative.

Agree that none of the lounges offer any good views.
Unlike the previous shows which had a good view around the lake.
Harmonius, unless you have a direct (perpendicular) view of the main ring, the show is not the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter